Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Violet or Sienna? What do you think?

Violet or Sienna? What do you think? Rss

I loved the name Violet but could not convince hubby to go along, so I wrote out a list of girls names to choose from that I liked and told him to pick one, he chose Sienna which obviously I love too. I want a name thats different but not unusual. I recently dicovered that Sienna is on the top 20 popular girls names in australia and now I'm not so sure I want it anymore.

Got any sugestions? I like feminine. What do you think when you hear the names Violet and sienna? our surname is kelly. We already have a boys name picked- Owen

Mum of two darling boys

hey there.. i really like both the names - i think my favourite is violet for the same reason as you, it is alittle less common, but they are both beautiful.. in my opinion if you don't know lots of sienna's personally though, it doesn't matter what the 'names lists' say - it is often more accurate for certain areas than others anyway.
good luck!
I prefer Violet

Amber
Lucinda
Phoebe
Harriet
Emmeline
Willa
Josephine
Bridget
Flora
Matilda
Felicity
Crystal
Jasmine
Erin
Katherine
Annabel
Arabella
Poppy
Hannah
Caitlin
Clara
Sofia
Valentina
Sarah
Eliza
Bethany
Briar
Alice
Araminta
I really like both names, and your boys name too. I prefer Violet to Sienna though. My other favourite girls names are:

Chloe - Probably not great with Kelly
Bridget
Emily
Charlotte
Matilda
Lola

I love Bridget Kelly!
I prefer Violet smile Sienna is very popular atm.
Some of my fave girls names are;
Eva
Ivy
Lucinda
Esther
Audrey
Emme
Maeve
Stella

Really like Owen btw smile
I much prefer Violet. Both names are sweet and feminine, but to me, Violet is almost a classic, and I think Sienna will date much quicker because of her sudden boom in the 2000s.

Anna and Ruby Gloom had some absolutely gorgeous suggestions!

-Mother to Matilda [2005], Oliver & Iris [2008]

I much prefer Violet. Both names are sweet and feminine, but to me, Violet is almost a classic, and I think Sienna will date much quicker because of her sudden boom in the 2000s.

Anna and Ruby Gloom had some absolutely gorgeous suggestions!

-Mother to Matilda [2005], Oliver & Iris [2008]

I really like both names!
Maybe Sienna Violet Kelly??
Would DH compromise as a middle name!
I like Sierra too instead of Sienna!
Good luck choosing!

knew a Sienna at school and now a Sierra (a little bit different)

both are lovely

i used to love sienna, but because of its popularity, ive kinda gotten over it. i love violet though! its beautiful

I do prefer Sienna, but as already mentioned it is gaining in popularity, so if you do want the "less popular" choice go with Violet.
Violet Kelly sounds really good together... I love that name. Sienna is a bit over popular for my tastes, but its nice enough. Violet Sienna Kelly sounds good too.
Sign in to follow this topic