Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

What brand of dummy Rss

Hi ladies,

Just curious to find out what brand or type of dummy everyone uses/prefers? My DS would only use the Happy Baby brand with the cherry-shaped teat, and he only stopped using it about 6 months ago. But recently there was the recall (or just a warning, not sure?) about this brand as a baby nearly choked on the teat after it came loose. Having said that, theyre still in the shops, so they must be ok? Most brands have the orthodotic teat on them now, but does it really matter what shape the teat is? Like i said my DS prefered the cherry shape. Im due in October to have my second bub and i want to go out and get some dummies, but she may not even use one yet. My DS loved it for comfort, but he gave it up without a fight in the end, which was great.

DS loved MAM silicone soothers with "Silk Teat"
Hard to come by but they are very good! Because they're made from silicone, they don't age, don't smell rubbery like latex, and have no rubbery taste. The "Silk Teat" makes them very soft and natural feeling, unlike other silcone soothers which he hated because they were so tough!
We've always used the "Nuk" dummies, they seem to fit her face- which sounds weird but some brands were too big and covered her nose a little bit!!

Tommy Tippee also do a cherry shaped dummy if you're worried about happy baby.
we used Avent ones, we tried others but DD didnt like them, but the other day I forgot the dummy when we were out so I went in to kmart and the only ones there where cheap looking ones or the tommee tippee ones, so i got one similar to the avent one and she took to it. I guess each baby likes different ones
DS used the Avent ones from the beginning and loved them.

DD outright refused them, and ended up taking a Happy Baby Cheery Latex dummy. She used these until she was about 13mths, then we were out one day and I had forgotten her dummies, the shop didn't have any so I bought her the Tommee Tippee Latex Cherry shaped ones and she has had them ever since.

The Tommee Tippee ones seem to be a bit harder wearing and longer lasting than the happy baby ones.

I guess with the recall, and with any dummy, you just have to check them before each use by giving them a tug, and discard when they show signs of wear. If you do choose the happy baby ones, just be very careful to always check them thouroughly.

Ben 25/10/06 + Erin 10/9/08

My other 2 kids never took to dummys past a week old! This time I found a natural latex dummy called Make U Well dummy you can get them online and from some health food stores they are all one peice no joints so bits cant come off and choke Baby.

They are also organic rubber and better for Bub you can get cherry or orthadontic teat. You can also get a Gummy brand dummy online which is also one peice.

They look great cant wait to see how Bub likes them.

http://www.makeuwell.com.au/makeUwell-Natural-Rubber-Soother-p-82.html

This is the link to the Make U Well Dummy....

Sorry the other one isnt a Gummy its a Gumdrop....you can get them off ebay also

This is the link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290379180901&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

With DD#1 she only had nuk.

DD#2 I was her pacifier, she never took anything, made life hard!

DS takes Happy Baby cherry latex teats. They never recalled them, there was an investigation and shops did take them off shelves until the investigation was complete and now they're back on shelves...am happy to stick with them, he likes them!

With DD#1 she only had nuk.

DD#2 I was her pacifier, she never took anything, made life hard!

DS takes Happy Baby cherry latex teats. They never recalled them, there was an investigation and shops did take them off shelves until the investigation was complete and now they're back on shelves...am happy to stick with them, he likes them!

Oh, great to know!! Thanks smile and thanks everyone for your opinions! smile

I agree with the comment about NUK dummies being a better fit for the face. My DD used to only have AVENT silicone dummies, but I swapped to the NUK silicone ones because they allow more room around her nose for her to breathe.

I will be buying these again when I have next bub. The only problem is they only come in gender specific colours, IE. pink or blue... so I have to wait until birth to buy them because I don't know what I am having smile

Vicki

We've always used the "Nuk" dummies, they seem to fit her face- which sounds weird but some brands were too big and covered her nose a little bit!!

we use Nuk too for the same reason, and because it 'fits' the face he doesnt seem to pull it out as much smile

I will be buying these again when I have next bub. The only problem is they only come in gender specific colours, IE. pink or blue... so I have to wait until birth to buy them because I don't know what I am having smile

Vicki

Its hard to get Nuk dummys here, so DS has pink and blue ones smile
Sign in to follow this topic