Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Periods and breastfeeding Rss

Hello mums does anyone exprerience reduction in their milk supply . My 7 weeks old is exclusively breastfed and i had my periods this week . He feels unsettled and has increased feeding frequency . Just worried that milk supple might hv been reduced . Dies anyone else also experience this ?
My little one had spikes in consumption every few weeks for the first 5 months. I was expressing due to complications and thought that i'd never keep up with her increasing demand. Then suddenly she was breastfeeding and i had surplus for a couple of months.
Babies breastfeed more if supply doesn't match demand, or if they need more liquids to handle summer heat. It does not mean that your supply has dropped, more likely its that his requirements have increased. It does not normally take too long for supply to increase to match a demand increase.
If you're really worried I'd suggest seeing a lactation consultant and they can set your mind at ease.
Thanks i might do that ????
yes, periods can result drop in milk supply but don't worry about it, it's temporary...

www.creativegarden.nz
www.creativegarden.nz/about-us
www.creativegarden.nz/locate-a-centre

Hello Vinee, I just go through with your worry, so I thought to share a bit from my side, if it can help you in anyway, as far as the lactation is consult this is different with everyone,don't worry. When I became a mother for the first time my child was having a same issue, he was almost hungry and unsettled every time, I was taking enough liquids and healthy foods but the feed was insufficient for my first child and I had to start giving him formula milk after the consultation of my gynecologist.
But, the case is completely opposite with my second child as I have enough supply of breastfeed that can satisfy his hunger needs and he doesn't need formula milk, he is 3 months old now. I was worried like you and then I consulted with my consultant and she told me that it is due to the changes in sleeping routine and diet that we may suffer after delivering a baby.
Their are chances that this is due to your changes in rest routine and diet, that you are facing this issue, or their could be a possibility that this is because of your periods. But, please don't take chance for the sake of your and your child's health, its better to consult with a lactation consultant, their is no harm in getting a medical help.
Take care and have a safe life journey with your new born smile
Hi Sarah ! Thanks for sharing your experience . I will definitely consult the lactation nurse . Though now when my periods are over i feel that he is settled but still it would be good idea to get a medical opinion . Thank you
I also experience the same thing. After 12 weeks of the birth of my child. Periods start and I am again able to fertility. When I suffering from periods reduction of milk start in my the breast. Often my child starts to cry. Because the breastfeeding cannot meet his requirements. In other sense, the, feeding milk is not enough to meet the nutrients. Then I start weaning practice according to doctors advice. Doctor recommend me some foods and make its surplus and feed her child for her better growth. The same problem was with me but now I understand what is the reason for the reduction of milk. When my periods over the quantity of milk again increased. This is due to two reasons according to my doctor. The first reason is periods and the second reason is increasing hunger wu\ith growth.
Vinee wrote:
Hello mums does anyone exprerience reduction in their milk supply . My 7 weeks old is exclusively breastfed and i had my periods this week . He feels unsettled and has increased feeding frequency . Just worried that milk supple might hv been reduced . Dies anyone else also experience this ?

Hey Vinee! How are you doing hun? First of all, congratulations on your baby! You're really a blessed woman. Yes! I agree! Many children do have this tendency to get increased need sometimes. Anyway! Well, you should get a visit to a Gynaecologist. He or she will let you know that what's actually happening...It can be related to periods but, I am not a mum myself yet. So, I can't put an opinion. But, still, I am TTC...Anyway! That's my story...But, you should go with it! Stay blessed!
Thanks zainshabbir for sharing your experience . Good luck with lyf . And thanks sarah for warm wishes and all the best for trying to bring a new life in this world . All the best dear and i appreciate your concern and will definitely make an appointment with the gynae.. thanks
Thanks zainshabbir for sharing your experience . Good luck with lyf . And thanks sarah for warm wishes and all the best for trying to bring a new life in this world . All the best dear and i appreciate your concern and will definitely make an appointment with the gynae.. thanks
I also experience the same thing. After 12 weeks of the birth of my child. Periods start and I am again able to fertility. When I suffering from periods reduction of milk start in my the breast. Often my child starts to cry. Because the breastfeeding cannot meet his requirements. In other sense, the, feeding milk is not enough to meet the nutrients. Then I start weaning practice according to doctors advice. Doctor recommend me some foods and make its surplus and feed her child for her better growth. The same problem was with me but now I understand what is the reason for the reduction of milk. When my periods over the quantity of milk again increased. This is due to two reasons according to my doctor. The first reason is periods and the second reason is increasing hunger wu\ith growth.
Sign in to follow this topic