Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. This baby thing can be tough eh?

This baby thing can be tough eh? Rss

Our darling daughter (first child) was born on Christmas Day. She's lovely, but hasn't slept properly in about 2 days. Gets hiccups 2-5 times per day, but this is quickly cleared with a little bit of sterile warm water. Seems to love to cry continuously in the evenings, starting around 10pm on the dot (goes on for several hours). Pretty typical eh?
Hi James! Congratulations on the birth of ur baby. Hope u n ur baby r doing well. It's normal for babies to get hiccups and I would breast feed instead of warm water. Even my parents told me to give warm water but recent generation Doctors advice not to give water sad . But it's up to you. Babies usually cry only if they are hungry or discomfort. Check the room temperature or nappies if u think ur baby was fed well. My baby never cries even if she is hungry so I time and feed her ever time. Hope ur baby sleeps well and u get some sleep too.
Hi James
Congrats! Doctors advise not to give water until at least 3 months. Basically it’s just breastmilk and nothing else for the first 6 months. Sometimes crying continuously at the same time every day might indicate colic too so keep an eye out for that.

Hiccups is pretty common too. My daughter is 4 months old and is my first baby. Even I was pretty scared initially when she got hiccups but it just clears on its own. So don’t worry about that.
I'm a doctor and I advise that it's fine wink In all seriousness, 5-10mls of water is not a problem, and can resolve hiccups almost immediately. The issue is giving them too much water, as it's filling them up without providing any nutrition (and potentially decreases their appetite for their next real feed).

Colic is a possibility, though it's a relatively poorly defined condition. Things are better this week anyway! Getting there...
Hey!! I hope you're doing good with your pretty little baby girl. As you wrote, that it's your first child. During a first baby, a person is inexperienced and obviously, you can't learn everything in a few days. So you should take advice from an experienced person (like me haha). Your baby gets hiccups 2-5 times a day. Don't give her warm water everytime she gets a hiccup. Stop and burp your baby halfway through a feeding, giving her time to digest, And if she's crying continuously maybe she's having a medical problem, so do consult a doctor. If not, then maybe she's hungry in the evenings or she's having a problem with her diaper. So try feeding her and checking her diaper at regular intervals. Plus don't get worried over little things. I wish you luck with your little princess, Stay blessed.
Hi, this is such great news and you will be on the ninth cloud now. I still remember when my girl was born. She was the best thing that happened to me and my husband because we both were on the verge of separation and eventually she came and glued us back. I love how you shared all the details of the baby’s hiccups. Enjoy this moment and never let these cheerful or even hungry cries get on your nerves. Start filming each and every moment of your little one, it’s worth everything. I have lots of prayers for you and your family.
Hello James!
First of all congratulations on your new baby. It is a wonderful thing being a mother. At the same time it can surely be a hard one. I have two wonderful boys. They do not let me rest. I am always busy doing this or that. But whenever I go to sleep, if I ever wink , I always have a smile on my face. I can work forever just for that moment.
Expectation you and your infant are doing great. It's typical for infants to get hiccups and I would breastfeed rather than warm water. Indeed, even my folks instructed me to give warm water yet late age Doctors guidance not to give water tragically. Be that as it may, it's dependent upon you. Children typically cry just in the event that they are eager or uneasiness. Check the room temperature or nappies if u think your infant was sustained well. My child never cries regardless of whether she is ravenous so I time and sustain her ever time. Expectation ur child rests soundly and u get some rest as well.
Hello Dear. Indeed, well done on your child. You're extremely fortunate to have her. I figure you should visit a pediatrician. He will enable you to better with it. I wish your little holy messenger will be fine. Remain favored!
Hi James!! Many many congratulations on the birth of ur baby. U r a very lucky woman for having a child in ur life. My baby also cried for hours at night and I got exhausted at times. But then we found out that she was having some gastric problem and was tolerating it for about few months. Then we add some green tea to her diet and it helped a lot in relieving her pain. U can give him warm water but the very little amount of it. Hope it would be helpful for u as well. Thanks.
First of all congratulations on your baby girl! Warm water is not bad but excess of it is. A small amount of water can make hiccup go away but don't give her too much. And don't worry about it, it's normal for babies to get hiccups. It can also be because she's not comfortable, try to check her pamper if she cries or maybe she's hungry. Everything will be fine, Good luck with your future and your little princess. stay blessed!
Sign in to follow this topic