Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Premmie / NICU / SCN Baby

Your Premmie / NICU / SCN Baby

Jscadden

just need to release

hi ladies, just need to tell someone what happening at the moment. i had my own baby 3 months ag...

11 replies

i catching up with my cousin for lunch today. bubs is now 1 1/2 weeks old and is back up to birth weight. he apparently had a few pr...

Im so proud of my nephew

glad he is doing well they are cute little kids

4 replies

That is great news that your nephew is doing so well now. What georgous pictures and thanks for sharing. Have a very Merry Christmas...

Suq28

Recommended reading on how to prevent behavioural issues

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend reading on how to interact with your prem to lessen the ris...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Steviecheree

ABO Blood Incompatibility

Hi **previous PG and MC mentioned** With this last bub, after a really long time TTC (2005) a...

2 replies

Hi, My little one also had ABO incompatibility. I am O+ and my partner is A and bubs is A. They only picked it up because they ha...

Mum2BeautifulBoys

SIL having prem now!

Hi ladies, My SIL to whom I am quite close went into premature labour yesterday at 32wks. They...

15 replies

Just wondering how she went, hope it's all good news.

LJ12

low blood sugar at 36 weeks

My baby was born at 36 weeks, (she's now 11 weeks old and doing well) and spent a week in special...

1 reply

Both my two were born with low blood sugar. Despite being on the smaller side (in weight), they're happy as larry and very healthy. ...

sunshine85

Premmie sick all the time

Just wondering if my DS might be sick lots because he was prem. He is 18 months old now but was b...

3 replies

OMG! Worst winter ever! Have 4 & 1/2 yr old & almost 3 yr old and we've been constantly sick. Over it! He sounds pretty normal. Espe...

E_Jw

Prem's First Cold...

My DD was born at 30 weeks weighing 2pd 2 oz (1016g). She is now 10 months actual age and has cau...

1 reply

My DD was born at 30 weeks weighing 2pd 2 oz (1016g). She is now 10 months actual age and has caught her first cold. Normally it wo...

Lola

36 week delivery

I may be having our baby at 36 weeks which is 3 weeks time for us.. I have an irritable uterus an...

9 replies

She is only going to be 1 weeks early as 37 weeks is considered full term. Our DD was born at 37 weeks by c-section due to my spine ...

Mumma61

Premature Babies is it hereditary.

Hello everyone, Im so proud to announce i have just become a grandmother for the first time. Ba...

6 replies

I have been told it is not hereditary... BUT it can definitely be hereditary when linked to a medical condition. Most of my matern...

Greendog

How long was your Prem labour?

Hi, My boy was 34w + 1day and labour lasted 2 hours. My waters broke the day before I went in to ...

6 replies

Thank you all for your replies. Most people think I was lucky to have such a short labour - but I would have gladly swapped it for ...

*alyssa&kobeys~mummy*

hes coming home

Kobey is coming home on the weekend! he was born at 31+4, hes only 36 weeks gestation the drs are...

3 replies

Thats great, its a good day when a prem comes home DS was born at 33+4 and we were 1100km from home That must of been horrible b...

cuteygal

my premmie baby finally a good size!

Hi All I have great news! My little darling is now 19 months old and is the size of the biggest ...

Mummy of 2...

rsv n asthma

Hi my little boy was born at 27 wks. was in hospital for 70 plus days. why in there had good bad...

Help#4

Has anone heard more...

I can't remember the member's name who posted about her neice I think that was born at 23 weeks. ...

2 replies

Yeah it was you. Thanks for the update. So good to hear she is doing well and will be home soon.

Suq28

My crying preemie

My 25 weeker is now 4.1 mths old (3 wks corrected), every night she cries uncontrollably for a co...

VaniaS

Does it annoy other mums of prems having their babies compared to other babies who were born on their due dates

I am finding some family and friends annoying when comparing my little girl to what most babies b...

8 replies

my daughter was 11 weeks early and it does get annoying sometimes when people ask me how old she is and then when i tell them they g...

M2A+1ontheway

what to expect

someone i know has just given birth 5 weeks and 2 days early. The baby weighs 2.02kg and is 43cm...

24 replies

Hi I have just had a premmie myself and have been doing lots of reading to find out the answer to these sorts of questions. It rea...

Randcsheppard

Premi funding?

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone that has had a very prem baby knows if there is any form of sup...

10 replies

Hi there I've just given birth to a premmie, 28 weeks & 1,150 grams and we've been looking in to getting financial assistance as we...

E_Jw

Preemie Playgroup ChCh

Hi, Just thought i'd put something on here about our playgroup... It's a playgroup specially form...

If born at 32/33 weeks...

Had an appointment last Friday and showing that bub could well be on her way very soon... I had ...

8 replies

I had my daughter at 32 weeks exactly. I did have a steriod shot but only 4 hours before she was born by emergency c-section - there...

Suq28

Routine for premature baby

My baby was born at 25 weeks and left NICU a week ago. She's currently 2 weeks corrected and is f...

11 replies

That's interesting, but what I'm getting at is that if your baby is not happy to self settle (because OP is reading books that advo...

E_Jw

Preemie Parents Wanted

Hi, I'm looking to start a Preemie support group in ChCh, any other parents out there with Preemi...

5 replies

Hello! Our premmie was born 20/01/11 at 32 weeks in Dunedin, but we were transferred to Chch NICU when she was 1 week old. Our girl...

mum2wi

More than 2 prems?

Hi all, Just wondering if there's anyone out there who has more than 2 prems? My 1st son was 32...

6 replies

Hi all, Just wondering if there's anyone out there who has more than 2 prems? My 1st son was 32wks and 2nd 35wks, both very healt...

Randcsheppard

Special little guy!

My DS born at 27 weeks on the 6th December 2010 smiled and gave a little coo with it this morning...

3 replies

Thats awesome! im 27 weeks tomorrow and at risk of having bub any day so im stuck in hospital until he's born. Im glad to read somt...

ktt1

Food for Prem Babies

Hi There I dont know if there is a thread on here somewhere about Prem babies, if there is I can...

5 replies

Hi! Just a quick question, by actual age do you mean how old he is now, or his corrected age, and how small is he for that age, lik...

busytwins

So proud of my prems, finally some good comments

My prem b/g twins were born at 27 weeks, weighing no more than 2 pounds. They'll be 3 in april. T...

7 replies

Congrats on your twins doing so well! I am so pleased to have stumbled onto this post as our little boy was born at 27 weeks on the...

memmi

still struggling

anybody have a sick or prem baby and stills truggles with what happened?? DS was beorn at 35-36 ...

5 replies

anybody have a sick or prem baby and stills truggles with what happened?? DS was beorn at 35-36 weeks, by no fault of his own or m...

BabyBlueBird

12 week early bub

DS is 4 days old - almost 5 days old - and I am always wondering if he is fine, and I always eith...

29 replies

I just wanted to say that you are doing a good job and that my niece was born at 27weeks and she is now a happy healthy 3yr old

BabyBlueBird

:O Guess what

DS is now in special care ^^ he's 31 + 5 days, they tried him on the breast, and he only licked a...

7 replies

he's going so well, i was indeed over the moon, it changed my mood as soon as I got into the hospital finding out that he was in the...

happymumofboys

My baby will comming home soon

My baby girl was born 10 weeks early, and she is almost ready to come home. I'm so excited! She h...

3 replies

Its absolutely normal to feel the way you do. I limited who I allowed to touch my dd when she came home she was born 11wks early. ...

Anita1985

5 weeks Prem and stressful/traumatic birth...

I was just wondering if there were any other people out there who were experiencing the same feel...

2 replies

I was just wondering if there were any other people out there who were experiencing the same feelings as myself. I had my little bo...

Nyl

Help ! Irregular Feeding

Hi, Our DD was born 36 weeks +3 days. Shes now 10 weeks old and has about 120 ml during each day ...

1 reply

Hi, Our DD was born 36 weeks +3 days. Shes now 10 weeks old and has about 120 ml during each day feed and 2:30 am feed but will onl...

Mum of 2 under 1

pregnant after a prem

My last pregnancy with DS I had premature Rupture of membranes at 33 weeks and went in to labour ...

8 replies

Congrats!! I am still ttc, cycle only returned last month, so fingers crossed. Thanks Im Almost 36 weeks now and still going G...

buying premie clothes

i found a website that you can order premmie clothes from. www.babybunts.com.au

jpear309

Threatened preterm labour

Hi all, I have posted a similar post in the pregnancy forum & have only just come across this for...

4 replies

I am soory to hear your DP had cancer during this time. Has that outcome been good? My DS's surgery was a huge success! He is now ...

VaniaS

OMG Im so over it

OMG I just so over it ever since my dd was born 11wks early and gone from being in the NNU and no...

4 replies

I think we have too many people involved with her care and I am not the only one who thinks so. Most of her Developement issues hav...

rach812010

10 weeks prem and a very scary start...

my so jett was 10 weeks early he was born the 8th of the 12/09 and due date was valentines day af...

1 reply

DD1 was born in March '07 at 32 weeks and she took what felt like forever to even reach the charts. DD2 on the other hand is 5 days ...

Nyl

baby development

my dd was 36 weeks she is now 3&half months she is having trouble grasping when did your babies s...

1 reply

my twins were born at 29weeks.. and they took for ever to grasp..

Nyl

Baby having less quantity of feed

My DD is 3 and a half months old and was having 120 to 130ml of formula before growth spurt. Was ...