My boy was born 29/05 at 34 + 3 weeks. We're still in special care and I have no idea how much longer we will be here, every few days doctors say "another week or two".

He was 3.2kg at birth (he looks massive compared to the other babies here!) and now weighs almost 3kg. We're trying breast and bottle feeding but he still needs a tube, he seems to have once good breastfeed and one good bottle feed every couple of days and then he's exhausted and lethargic for all other feeds.

We have no family over here (we're Kiwi's living in Aus) so it's just me and hubby doing this. As great as all the staff are hospital is really getting to me, I can't relax here at all with all the constant noise and hard couch, I get zero sleep when I stay here and I feel like I'm in some kind of sick nightmare with no end in sight ????

If I'm not trying to breastfeed I'm expressing so out of every three hours I get maybe an hour and a half break, it's exhausting and makes me feel like I have no time to enjoy my baby outside of feeding because I also need to feed and sleep myself between feeds...

Anyway just needed to get this out, if anyone has any advice or has been through the same thing I'd love to hear from you.