Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Premmie / NICU / SCN Baby
  5. Cervical Stitch and E. Coli Infection

Cervical Stitch and E. Coli Infection Rss

At our 20 week ultrasound, my wife's cervix was deemed open and an "emergency" cervical stich inserted early the following morning. After 1 weeks bed rest at home, my wife spent approximately 1 month on hospital bed rest. During this period all "appeared" to be progessing fine until early one morning (at 25 weeks and 6 days) she awoke having cold shivers, a high temperature and the onset of contractions. She was immediately transferred to another hospital for further treatment and delivey of our baby. My wife and baby were both found to be carrying the E.Coli infection and both were extremely ill, with our baby having several seizures and grade 4 brain bleeds. After only 10 days of life our little baby girl quietly passed away.

My wife's previous pregnancy was quite different being successful and with no imcompetent cervix.

We are still struggling to fully comprehend how this has now happened. Has anyone had a similar experience or know of anyone who has gone through this trauma ? Both the initial hospital and treating obstretician have provided plausable explanations as to the underling reasons for the onset of the E. Coli infection. However, am not entirely convinced.

Im so sorry for your loss of your beautiful little girl.
My love and best wishes to you and your wife.

I had a terrible experiance with my little girl, not to the degree you've experianced though. A day after my little girl arrived she started having seizer's in my arm's, and stoped breathing. After her sezing on and off for a few hour's she was flown down to Monash hospital were it was found she was constantly having seizer's and it was also found that she had a brain bleed.

It was the most horrorfying thing in my life, i understand some of the distress you and your wife must of gone through. It troubles me even today that they couldn't offer any reason for this happening to my little girl. It's very hard to except when there's no reason.

Maybe you could possibly ask for another opinion if your not completly satisfied with the reason's they have given you.

Again so sorry for your loss XXXXX
i don't have any advice or experience but i just wanted to say i'm very sorry for your loss and sorry that you and your wife are going through this. ii hope that one day you will find peace. xx

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

I too dont have any advice as i bever went through this but I would like to offer my thoughts and prayers that ur little angel baby has made safely to peace. maybe ask for a second opinion/

ox

Sign in to follow this topic