Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

prem baby clothes? Rss

I had one at 29 weeks and found the teddy bear clothes at pumpkin patch fit her perfectly when she grew big enough to wear clothes.

Don't know if they still have them. They had these teddy bears that you could buy and had all the normal kids clothes in the teddys size so your child could dress it the same as themselves. The clothes were the same quality as the kids clothes.
Funnily enough the "prem clothes" they had were twice her size!

Also my mum sewed some little hospital gowns for her, they were the size of one of my hands. Gosh she was so tiny.
Hi, sometimes the hospital will have some clothes that have been given to the NICU from past babies. You will find as well that the bub wont wear clothes much just because of how tiny it is and also the nurses have to do checks of their body at each shift change. But some places to try are pumpkin patch and also mothercare stores. They both have premmi clothes but they will still be very big. A friend used the pumpkin patch dolls clothes as they were smaller lol. Other then that you could look online. But i honestly wouldnt buy too much at this stage, or look for some clothes for in about 5-6 weeks when bub will be closer to being allowed home smile I hope everything is ok with the lil angel xoxoxo
Hi, In April I had my son at 27 weeks and he was around the same weight. I bought clothes from the mothercare range which go on weight. (Baby on a budget in WA - or Mother Care stores everywhere else) They have velcro'd sides so they are really good for NICU and SCN babies. Especially if they are still on cardiac monitoring and has to have an IV still etc. I agree with the post below, I wouldn't buy too much, as they do grow so fast.

I've only had my son home 2 weeks, after spending 13 weeks in NICU. Its definitely a roller coaster.

If your sister wants someone to talk to that has recently been through the exact same thing... PM me and I will give you my details.

All the best to your sister and her little precious boy.

xoxo

My sister had her baby boy 3 weeks ago at 27 weeks. Next week he will be allowed to start wearing clothes smile dose anyone know where you can buy tiny prem baby clothes? He is only 2pound 10
TIA

I found Early Birds clothing fantastic - you can buy on line at www.earlybirds.com.au - sizing is based on weight. Most of them are designed quite cleverly to allow for any cords/tubes etc for NICU babies. Often hospitals do have clothing you can use but I found it quite nice to have our own.

Best wishes to your sister and her little cherub
Baby Bunting have some in 6x0, maybe even smaller - very expensive though. Don't buy too much, he'll probably go up a size every couple of weeks. When baby is ready for 5x0 (about 2.5kg +), Target have a great range of cute rompers and singlets. They were smaller than the premmie Pumpkin Patch clothing.

My sister had her baby boy 3 weeks ago at 27 weeks. Next week he will be allowed to start wearing clothes smile dose anyone know where you can buy tiny prem baby clothes? He is only 2pound 10
TIA

When i had my daughter she was full term but i went throgh my pregancy without knowing i was pregnant i found out on a saturday and had her on wednesday she weighed 2170grams a tiny little thing. I didn't have anything for her but my family and friends helped out and they got 00000's clothing from target. Hope this helps you out.
Thats great news to hear smile Thanks for the update and im glad you found something at Mothercare.
You can find lots of prem and small baby clothing at Adorable Affordable. It's a baby & childrens store in Perth WA, you can find them on facebook and online. They have sizes as small as 8 0's. Hope that helps Kelly smile

Mum to a handsome little man

Hi, if your still needing some prem clothes i have some in a 000000 & 00000 that i am selling for just afew dollars each, email me on kimb802@hotmail.com if your interested. Thanks
Target is a great place, you can buy 00000 size clothing and at a reasonable price. I know that your sis may need smaller than that but little bub will thrive & grow big before she knows it. She probably won't want to spend too much on too many clothes that she won't need for long.

My son was born at 31w 2d. He was in hospital for 5 weeks, mostly spent in a humid crib so was only wearing nappies. When he was moved into an open cot he then started wearing clothes for warmth. We weren't prepared for his early arrival so had no clothes to fit him! The lovely nurses and midwives told us there was no need for us to bring anything in as they provided the clothes.

I did buy some clothes ready for when he came home plus I was given clothes as gifts. My son thrived and it wasn't long till he was in 0000 clothes! That's why I suggested just buy enough for a short time.

I am proud to say I donated all the 00000 clothes we had to the hospital (except the outfit he was wearing the day he came home, that's a keepsake) for all the mums with little premmies in hospital

smile

My sister had her baby boy 3 weeks ago at 27 weeks. Next week he will be allowed to start wearing clothes dose anyone know where you can buy tiny prem baby clothes? He is only 2pound 10
TIA

'big w and best n less have a great premmie range now to smile

My sister had her baby boy 3 weeks ago at 27 weeks. Next week he will be allowed to start wearing clothes dose anyone know where you can buy tiny prem baby clothes? He is only 2pound 10
TIA

'big w and best n less have a great premmie range now to smile

My sister found this great website for prem bubs..www.babiesatplay.com.au
Sign in to follow this topic