Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Premmie / NICU / SCN Baby

Your Premmie / NICU / SCN Baby

Huggies_Moderator

About This Forum

Thanks to one of our member suggestions we have set up this new forum as a supportive place for f...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Awhina88

Mum struggling with SCN life

My boy was born 29/05 at 34 + 3 weeks. We're still in special care and I have no idea how mu...

Brodie_Ihs

32/33 weeks, breastfeeding success

I’m currently 31 weeks and went in to labour they managed to control it for now with medication a...

Courtney Catlin

Is there nappies specially made for premature babies?

I cant seem to find any nappies that fit my daughter properly. She was 5 weeks early and is a mon...

4 replies

The Mater prem nappies are fantastic! You can get them at some Woolworths stores or on their website

sammihiggins

Was the gestation correct??

Hi all I have a new 10wk old daughter that was born at 33wks and 3days but we question that. We h...

1 reply

Hi. I don't think it'd be likely for a doctor to think you were only 33 weeks when you were actually full term. If you...

Thommans

Looking for a Neonatal pediatrician and pediatric cardiologist in Melbourne

Hi everyone, Our little one born on 30 week and very tiny. We are currently in act and moving to...

Kat + 3 Kittens

Premmie Stats

Just out of curiosity... How many weeks? Bubs Weight? Length? anything else you want to add? ...

121 replies

my twin girls nakita and leah were born at 23 weeks nakita weighed 430grams and her length was 21cm leah weighed 550grams and her ...

prem baby clothes?

I had one at 29 weeks and found the teddy bear clothes at pumpkin patch fit her perfectly when sh...

15 replies

Hello for everyone, maybe someone have tried clothes for premature babies from merino wool? Can you tell me are good for small baby...

Chelle L

GASTROSCHISIS

Facebook: Gastroschisis Support New Zealand Greetings all My darling daughter (now 7), was born...

Nz_Harris

Coffee groups

My baby was born at 35 weeks and we had 2 weeks before we could get him home. Are now back in ho...

Raewesley

Where to get premmi nappies.

Hi all, I have a new little girl Ella Grace she was born 4lb 15oz. Just curious where I can find ...

5 replies

Huggies newborn folded down worked for my daughter who was 4 pounds 12 born. We ended up using them for a lot longer than the '...

Skubala

I want to hear from mums of SCN/NICU bubs

So I'm a nurse and about to start work next week in SCN and will eventually move to NICU when I h...

19 replies

World4mum1 you probably didn't realise that this is a very old thread you've replied too (since Skubala had been working i...

Kristin_N_Fleming

Cervical Stich or No Stich :S

Hi Guys, Has anybody had the cervical stich for Cervical insufficiency (incompetent cervix)? wha...

3 replies

Good Luck Eriddiford-306 hope your bubby stays in there safe and sound for as long as possible! I'm 17 weeks now and so far so...

mumma of 4

Having my babies at 36 weeks and one will be in NICU

I am having my twin girls in just over 2 weeks. One will be in NICU for medical reasons, I am jus...

13 replies

Opinions are very divided on the expressing, that is why I suggested checking with your doctors first. My doctors were happy for me ...

VaniaS

My ex premies turned 5 last month.(August)

My daughter was born 11wks early @29wks 900grms she was one of the smallest premie that the Neona...

1 reply

Hi Vania, This was 12mths ago! How are you feeling now? It was sad to read that you at times feel like a bad Mother. It is evident ...

Young mums with prem babies

hi I had a prem little girl. Phoebe. She was born at 35 weeks. I was 19. Amelia

13 replies

Hi Guys, I had my Little Girl Ella-Jane At 27 weeks. I'm 17. I know what you were all going through. She was hospitalised for 1...

Poihegatama

Scan gone wrong..

Hi, I had four scans misread at a radiology clinic in Auckland and my child was born with a disab...

2 replies

You can make a complaint to the clinic where you got your scans from and by law they do have to follow them up. You sound as if you...

Westygirl

32 weeks.

Hi there, I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant with number 2 and have been told last week I have ...

3 replies

Hi Westygirl, I'm not sure if you are already busy with a newborn, but was wondering how you are going? I've just received...

Crying my eye's out...

so sad

1 reply

That is just heartbreaking.

VaniaS

Has anyone had long term Developement problems with their early prems

My daughter was born at 29wks 11wks early and weighed 900grms. We have had a lot of developement...

10 replies

At the moment were going ok. My partner went back to work and my daughter is behaving herself which is really good my sons decided ...

Mmbs1978

Breastfeed/EBM with bottle prem baby

Hi there, We've recently had a 27 weeker. Little Harriet was born at 1013 grams in October 2012...

8 replies

Hi, Congrats on your bub, you sound like your doing great My dd3 was born at 30 weeks and was in scn for 6 weeks. She started off ...

MBR

37 weeks is this classified as premmie

And if anyone's baby came at 37 weeks how small we're they and how did they breastfeeding if brea...

11 replies

Aquabeda wrote: Thought I'd update. Our daughter was born 37 weeks she weighed 2.846 kilo 50 cms and is breastfeeding. Tho still ver...

tony_1

Cervical Stitch and E. Coli Infection

At our 20 week ultrasound, my wife's cervix was deemed open and an "emergency" cervical stich ins...

3 replies

I too dont have any advice as i bever went through this but I would like to offer my thoughts and prayers that ur little angel baby ...

pippymk

Prem- Early babies, subsequent births...

Hi, I had our baby at 30 weeks gestation, a tiny 3pd 9oz. We were in hospital 5 and ahalf weeks....

13 replies

My waters broke at 30 weeks with DD1 and she was born 2 days later by emergency C-sect. They cant give me a reason why, and couldnt ...

Possum & Joey

Baby had a Brain Bleed, Anyone else go through this with there little one?

Im a 26 year old first time mother. I had a pretty uneventful pregnancy the normal complaint's th...

7 replies

Thankyou, it's so hard staying calm, she's had to have a lot of blood test's as well and my god that's bl**dy hard watching her cry ...

Miracle Babies then & now photos

Miracle babies is an organisation that helps families with premmies/NICU babies. I have them on m...

VaniaS

Developemental issuse ex prem nearly 5

We had a premie girl born 11wks early @29wks we were told she would catch up when she was two. I...

1 reply

My daughter majorly plays up at home but she always been good at Kindy or Daycare. When she comes home she has major tantrums and t...

Mondaz2010

Preemie babies

Hi everyone, just wanting to know if there are any mums with preemie babies to chat to would lo...

21 replies

Hi all, My baby girl was born 30weeks 5days she was 1500gms when she was born, although 9weeks early she's doing considerably well,...

rach74

Supporting premmie familes

After having a prem myself, i wanted to find a way to support families who are going through the ...

Shann86

tired of people saying "oh she's so tiny!!"

My baby girl (Zara) was born at 38+3 but has Downs Syndrome so she was only 4lbs 14oz at birth. S...

16 replies

DD1 was 3.9kgs at birth, she is now almost 3 and only weighs 11.8kgs. I'm asked how old she is and constantly get the "oh she's so ...

early labour?

i had my first baby at 36+3 with no signs of warning and this time im now 36+4 haha so im expecti...

2 replies

Not sure how your getting on but wanted to share my story with you.... I went into early labour at 27 weeks with DS1, same as you ha...

wear green for premmies

Thought that the mums & das of premmies may be interested in the 'wear green for premmie' day. It...

mum10

Premie baby Milestones

I know they say you should never compare children and that every child is different, but i was ju...

2 replies

Every baby is different, my twins were born at 36 weeks and they are just over 8 months now and they have only just started sitting ...

Amandajoan

babies born at 36 weeks..

Hi all, iam booked in to have my baby in 4 weeks which will make it 36 weeks on the dot due...

13 replies

I had my bubs at 35 +6 he was 4lb11oz (2.2kg) due to insufficient placenta. He was healthy but could not suck feed and was in SCN f...

Lily-lynnette

I'm after some second hand Baby boy prem clothing

Hi I'm currently 33 weeks and the OB is talking about delivering in a week or 2 due to my pre ecl...

6 replies

Hi i have a few grow suits which my son has grown out of all in good condition if your interested i think theres x4 short suits and...

Bumble Bee Memories + Occasions

Ex 28 weeker (867 grams) wanting your help!

Hi everyone, My little boy Tom was born at 28 weeks weighing only 867 grams however is now a he...

4 replies

Done!!! Good Luck!! Thank you, good luck for your little one too.

Bumble Bee Memories + Occasions

Please vote for Tom ex 28 weeker 867grams!

Hi everyone! We all know the long, hard fight little ones have when born early. My Thomas was 28...

Jess*91

How to cope with

Hey all i have recently given birth to my beautiful son Lewis 3/1/12 i was 33weeks and developed...

8 replies

Thankyou all so much for your reply's iv finally taken Lewis being up at the hospital all day every day hasn't given me much time to...

Suq28

Child care for 25 weeker

Hi all I was wondering what child care options people have looked into in NSW. My 25 weeker (who...

1 reply

Sydney in home care may be able to help you out. You would need to get in touch with them to see if your child's illness meets their...

Nwty_Squirrel

premi babies

Hi I have a 14 week old daughter and she was 5 weeks early just wondering if anyone else has trou...

2 replies

There could be so many different different things causing your DD's wakefulness at night. Is she upset or does she seem in pain when...