Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health

Your Newborn's Health

bellie202

Help colic or reflux???

Hi My baby girl is 12 weeks 3 days old, she has had really bad what I think is Colic from 3 weeks...

2 replies

Hi Siena - I agree with PP - sounds like silent reflux. My DD had a similiar problem-was on S26gold constipated, then I've tried ano...

Emskie31

constipated baby??

Hey everyone! My bub is now 2 and a half weeks old, she is mostly formula fed and since giving he...

4 replies

Hi Emskie, Formula fed babies are more prone to constipation so my MCHN recommended adding 10mls extra water in each bottle to help...

cammo17

mrsa (golden staff)

my baby is 12weeks old - has been in hosp since birth with breathing issues she has just contrac...

2 replies

Like wigglemums says, MRSA is very common. Almost everybody carries it without even knowing it. The unfortunate thing is that the me...

vickso

Brauer Colic Relief

We started our 5 week old son on this a few days ago and it is helping him a lot. We gave him the...

4 replies

Hi there, My baby was only 9 days old and i was beside myself because he was so unsettled, when the CHN told me he probably had co...

newmum04

polyhydramnios - too much amniotic fluid

Hi, I posted this in pregnancy also, but thought I'd try for a response here also in case anyone...

2 replies

hey there.. i had 30 units at twenty weeks with my first child..so i looked like i was full term from about 22 weeks, and at one poi...

narellechiara

Vaporizers and newborns..any advice??

Does anyone know if I can use my vaporizer for my 4 wk old? He has a blocked/runny nose and it is...

3 replies

They are fine to use, DD2 was only five weeks when she got her first cold and we got it out straight away. Dr's recommend using one...

meaghanemily

Gripe Water when to give???

DD has been havin a lot of wind pain so my DP picked up some gripe water, only he didnt chat with...

5 replies

Hi I agree with melissaem, I have my daughter on infacol and it works well. We tried gripe water at the beginning, but have been t...

i love my bubba!

fast weight gain? am i overfeeding?

I got my 5 week old daughter weighed yesterday, and she has gone from 9lb 9oz to 10lb 8oz in one ...

12 replies

Hi You are differently not a bad mother. My DD is my first child and was born three weeks early weighing 5lb 15oz. I wasn't able t...

K-ler

how to protect ur newborn from the flu!!! help

I AM SO STRESSTING OUT about this im at term now just waiting to give birth but am becoming incre...

8 replies

A few ideas: 1. Breastfeed your baby. Your breastmilk contains squillions of antibodies to boost that little immune system. Plus...

happyjoyjoy

Geen poop and too much fore milk

Charlie has had his first high temp due to a cold he is 6 weeks old. He has been feeding less but...

3 replies

Its normal for breastfed babies to have yellow poos, green would indicate either - 1.(what you have said) baby isnt getting enough h...

i love my bubba!

My 2 week old has pimples...

Hi, just wondering if this is normal. since supplimenting my 2 week old daughter with formula (S...

8 replies

Yeah my girls 4weeks and recently got them and I thought it was my fault i.e change of diet, change of washing powder lol but reliev...

Cindy B

Blistery pimples - spreading

Hi, I have a 6 week old baby who has had the typical little pimple rashes come and go since she w...

1 reply

Yeah Ive been experiencing the same thing, my babys only 4weeks and the past few days Ive noticed these tiny pimples around her chin...

NikkiPilcher

Dilated kidney

We have had a couple of scan now confirming that our unborn baby has a dilated kidney. The dr me...

17 replies

my ds(now 2yrs) was diagnosed at at 39week ultrasound with bilateral hydronephrosis... his ureters and kidneys were dilated... he h...

N_S_R

Newborns and the snow!!!

Hey im due in late June and my partner has recently found a new hobby... Snowboarding ! He wants ...

4 replies

Hi my son is 2.5 this year and this will be his third trip to the snow. As long as they are warm they will be ok, just like us. Fi...

JZ44AA

flickering?

i have a 7week old girl who iv noticed over the past few weeks and its proberly happened 5 times ...

2 replies

oops double post

A-ok

Heart Murmur

I have an 11 week old baby. She is oidng fine, but she does have a heart murmur which is being tr...

8 replies

one of my twins had a PDA which is the hole in the heart.. and it wouldnt close with meds.. so when he was 5weeks old or 34weeks cor...

Cindy B

Immunisations/incubating cold

Hi Ladies, I have a nearly 6 week old baby. In our area there is a fairly high incidence of whoop...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Taiha & William''s mum

Circumcistion!!

I have just seen the story on the TV and found it very eye opening. My husband has alway been fo...

2 replies

Hi, The "debate" is actually over in General, not that I'd call it a debate; I think this topic is one that has been...

Ally135

hmmm is it safe??

hi sorry if i posted in the wrong section but was wondering if its safe to get a tattoo while bre...

3 replies

I had my son's name tattoed on me when he was 4 weeks old, and i was bf..I didnt mention in to the guy as i didnt think of it at fir...

i love my bubba!

How much did your baby weigh at 4 weeks?

Just wondering cause my bub is 9lb 9oz now, up from 7lb 9oz at birth. she is also nearlly 60cm l...

8 replies

Well, I must have a chubby chops then! My girl was 7lb 5oz at birth (3kg 310g) and 51 long. I just got her weighed today at the clin...

declan&miasmummy<3

My 9 week old baby has a temp of 35.7 is this normal??

I took it twice the first time it was 35.4 the second was 35.7 is this ok???

4 replies

Hi there, I think anything between 35 and 36 is normal and i know most docters and nurses only actually care if it goes up2 40

rhubarb1975

Power vomits at every feed. Help!

Hello I am asking if anyone has some advice that I can tact fully pass onto to my girlfriend whom...

6 replies

hi there, It definity does sound like hes a reflux baby you can get special formulas to help it and im sure her plunket nurse or do...

sgirl

massive wind issues - HELP PLEASE!

HI, just wanted to post this here, as well as in baby's, incase anyone can help xx Hi. My DD wh...

4 replies

I am the same - ds now 2 was the same - eventually outgrew it, but now my dd 9 weeks has the same issue. Also on losec as was ds, a...

klh_30

Gunky eye

My son has had a gunky right eye today and its been watering lots. Should I be doing anything oth...

4 replies

I use camomile tea soaked cotton balls to clean DS eyes - just check the temp like a bottle, and wipe over the eye a couple of times...

susansfirst

swollen testicle

My 9 week old son has one swollen testicle when i asked the GP he said this was normal and nothin...

1 reply

its very normal for their testicles to be enlarged and swollen after bith with all the hormones and i would say it should be fine bu...

missmelina

Hernia under belly button

Hi everyone My 11 week old has a hernia under his belly button and has done since the peg came o...

2 replies

My 9 week old has just gotten a hernia about 2 weeks ago. Saw my paediatrician yesterday for routine visit and she said that it woul...

miss-kristy

bump on head

hello can anyone help my son is three weeks old i have noticed he has a bump on the top of his he...

theperfecttwo

Boy part Problems

I have a 4month old boy. and i hav noticed red marks like little rashes on his balls and doodoo. ...

3 replies

I hav 3 sons.. it sounds to me like nappy rash. Use a zinc based rash cream, like sudocream, on it. Has always worked for me

Sturah

Abdominal Muscle Separation

Hi there, I have gone today to get an ultrasound on my 4 week daughters abdominal. Her muscles ar...

flossy73

cradle cap ?

hi, i think my 12 weeks old daughter might have cradle cap - not entirely sure what it 'looks' li...

5 replies

Hey there first time mama. I got it from my local chemist. its in a red tube of 25g or tubs of 200g or 75g. the proper name for it i...

laurenaus

rubella vaccination while breastfeeding

Has anyone received rubella vaccination while breastfeeding? My DD is 3 months and went to get th...

4 replies

I have had 3 shots now 1 at school then the others after the births of baby 1 and 2, during preganancy 3 was found to still have no ...

Sturah

Belly Button Bleeding

Hi, My baby is 2 weeks old and since her belly button fell off, we have noticed dry blood around ...

4 replies

hi my bub is 4 weeks and still has this. None of the other three ever had a problem once the cord fell of but she still seems to hav...

Kates joy

4week old with nasty cough

should i be worried about 3-4 week old with a nasty cough. will it stop them from being able to ...

2 replies

thanks for your response turns out to be a cold and dr not woried, poor little man has lost his voice too can hardly hear him cry.

jessicag

constipated

My little girl is 2 months old and seems to get really bad constipation. The health nurse and doc...

4 replies

Thanks for the suggestions. She's now approaching 5 months and you were right, she's been having solids for the last 2 months. She d...

shyone

Reflux - how do you know

How do you know if bub has reflux? My ds2 is 7 weeks and most of the time had little spews after ...

2 replies

Hi, my baby who is now 10 months old was a huge chucker!! Until he was about 7 months old. He used to do exactly what you're discri...

meaghanemily

Wind

I know there was a post bout this before but i can't find it. My 4week old (tomorrow!!) DD is ...

2 replies

it could possibly be colic,does she do it about the same time every day,or after every feed? there are a few products on the market ...

Shelley1978

Constipation?

Have a 6 week old baby girl who is formula feed (Nan Gold) but the last couple of days seems a bi...

5 replies

We are using nan gold too and I found DD to be a bit constipated, we used a different brand with DS and didn't have any probs but in...

cs82

vomit and crying

Over the last 3 days my 9 and a half week ond has developed a pattern of throwing his guts up fir...

3 replies

Hey, this reminds me 2 years ago with my firstborn. She is now a healthy 2 yrs 4 mths old, but she suffered acid reflux in her 1st y...

mel000

why circumcise your baby boy?

hi people, I just want to know why you get your baby boys circumcised? No one seems to say why? ...

10 replies

Why not circumcise the baby girls too? because it is mutilation. Right? I thought so.

serenasmum

puss in left eye

hi, my DD is 2 weeks old and ever since she was born shes had puss come out of her left eye on an...

6 replies

my son has the same thing. It is a blocked tear duct (blocks the tears from draining out of the eye - not entering the eye)and doesn...