Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health

Your Newborn's Health

shelz1003

terrible gas!

hi, my 4 wk old has not done a poo for 8 days now, midwife thismorning said not to worry cause he...

3 replies

There are also some thing you could try from the chemist, we are using Infacol for our DD. It's safe to use from one month old, and ...

shelz1003

spewy bubby!

just wandering what u can get for a 5 wk old that cant keep his milk down after every feed? he is...

3 replies

Our DD also "spills" after her feeds, we were told not to be concerned as long as she is still putting on weight and still feeding w...

newmum04

Swine Flu Vaccine and breastfeeding

HI all! I also posted this in another area, not sure where to put it!! I have a 7 week old baby...

3 replies

I am Positively for most vaccines, but i am definately not getting the swine flu vaccine-i have a 4 1/2 month old-if we were just he...

kitty.08

runny poo!!

my 3 wk old boy who is formula fed he is on soy because the normal formula was a bit strong for h...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
bonachella

immunisation facts

hello i have been reading a book called "health the only immunity" (published in 1995) and i was ...

11 replies

from what I have seen at work (which is only the really sick cases) most kids getting really unwell from measles at the moment are e...

lfs360

My 5 week old battling through her first cold! Advice needed?

I raise the mattress in my DD's cot and I put a vaporiser on every night (I only use eucalyptus o...

2 replies

Thanks guys this is all GREAT advice!

shelz1003

bottom rash

hi there, i have a 3 wk old boy and he has a circular red rash/ burn mark around his bottom hole....

3 replies

Hey My son had bad nappy rash and we switched to warm flannels for a while and also used this cream from the Herb Farm in Palmerst...

Hailes80

Constipation

My little boy is 1 month old. He was constipated for 4 days and we took him to the doc who prescr...

3 replies

Thanks for your help, apparently you dont need to seek medical advice unless it has been 5 days but he seems to be in pain and unset...

fiona0809

Cradle Cap

Can anyone make any suggestions how to get rid of cradle cap? My baby has had it for abot 5 week...

2 replies

hi. We just had to do my 12 weekolds hair again. What we used was vaseline and then kind of gently scrubbed it out with a comb. firs...

cammo17

nasal congestion + snorting/snuffling when breathing

has anyone had any experience with this with their newborn my baby girl 10 days is in hospital w...

6 replies

thanks marriosh yes my girl came home after being in hosp for 13weeks - it was the worst time of my life but almost 3months later al...

allyboppa

frothy poos

My son is 2 weeks old and is doing frothy poos, does anyone know if this is a very bad thing?

5 replies

Hi, also watch to make sure bub is getting plenty of hind milk. Too much foremilk , which is apparently higher in lactose can make f...

murphette

nipple thrush

My DS will be 4wks tomorrow and has thrush in the mouth and on his bottom, the doctor gave me nys...

7 replies

I only had this a few weeks ago and was about to give up BF altogether. Firstly I was told by the pharmacist to use Daktarin Gel on...

jessica1983

Hard poo

hi my 2 month 3 week old baby is having hard poos latelly and not sure y it has only just started...

6 replies

Thankyou i tryed this and it did help. I might get some pear juice from the baby section in coles and see if she likes it couse she ...

iwanttobeamummy

No Poo

Hi, My baby is 4 days old and has not pooed now for 2 days is this normal, should she not be poo...

2 replies

My son did not poo for 10 days when he was a newborn. It was because he was not getting enough milk. Unfortunately my milk never c...

boosmummy

Reflux or colic or just a fussy bub

Hi there, My beautiful 3 week old DS who is breastfed has been getting a lot of gas pains in his...

7 replies

My DS had the same problem and was diagnosed with silent reflux at 3 weeks. He is bottle fed so we changed formula to a AR one. On...

sparkles2508

3 week old not gained back birth weight yet

Hi everyone, We just had our 3 week check up at the doctors and my daughter has not gained back...

4 replies

Hi Firstly i would like to say congratulations to you on the new arrival to the family. I was just having some time to myself and ...

angesoph

Sniffy since coming home from Hospital

Hi everyone, I bought bubs home from the hospital last Saturday, and ever since then she has cau...

3 replies

Could be just general mucous bub is still trying to bring up from before birth. My DS is the same and i have used saline drops when ...

DP66FF

help silent reflux

hi im needing some help on formula suited for silent reflux. my boy is 10 weeks been diagnosed b...

3 replies

Hi, My bub was diagnosed with silent reflux at 3 weeks. I use Karicare AR, which hepled a lot. Even though your boy is not regurgi...

jessica1983

7weeks old and keeps laying and bending ear forward.

hi everyone my 7week old little girl keeps turning her head and bending her ear forward and makin...

3 replies

An osteopath is kind of like a physio. I highly recommend a visit. They will check bub out and will tell you if they think that th...

vickso

Another EXCEMA question!

Just wondering if anyone has tried Graham's Natural Alternative, Calendulis Plus Cream on their c...

3 replies

I tried that on my son and it is pretty good. His problem ended up being a dairy intolerance (among other things) which we found ou...

Andrew11

No weight gain in three weeks

Hi there im a worried father i have a newborn 7weeks old who has not gained any weight in 3 weeks...

2 replies

all i would say is if u no happy go see another doc and demand a referal to a pedatrition,if nothing comes from it at least u have p...

blinks

Gassy Baby - Diet? please help!

Hi ladies My DD is 9 weeks old and breastfed and for the last 2-3 weeks she has had terrible gas ...

13 replies

Hi Ladies! Thanks for all your replies Well. DD is 7 months now. About 6 - 8 weeks after my post she was put on Losec for reflux, ...

blinks

Immunisation - Delay?

Dear Mums This is not a post to attract controversy - Im just interested in any opinions on dela...

1 reply

PM'd you instead [Edited on 03/09/2009]

C_hippie_kiwi

Baby accidentally injected with gardasil vaccine

This should be a warning to all parents who choose to vaccinate their babies to be extra vigilant...

mumznbubz07

one kidney....

i just found out my 7week old only has one kidney, wanted to no if anyone else has had this issue...

5 replies

Hi mumznbubz07, firstly congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. I am 33 years old and was born also with one kidney, back i...

AHC&L

cooled boiled water for wind?

How and when do I try this for my 2 week old boy? He struggles after feeds and I want to try this...

3 replies

yep..works a treat we would give it to ds at a young age because he struggled with bringing up wind...we would put cool boiled wate...

jenny81

3 month old just tested positive for CMV

Hi, I have a 3 month old baby boy who has just tested positive for CMV. It is a past infection, w...

bubone09

Temperature

My 5 week old, has a slight temp - 37.1 degrees and last 3 poos have been a bit funny, normal col...

1 reply

I think a usual temp is 36.7 If you are unsure maybe try the numbers for child health in the front of your bubbas health record boo...

sweaty hands and feet

Hi there, My bubba is 8 weeks old and has terribly cold but sweaty feet. Her hands are the same...

poppibear

Measles,has anyone had a newborn that has caught it?

Hi, I have a 6 week old daughter.The other day she was being nursed by a family friend.The follow...

1 reply

Hi, My daughter got measles when she was quite young, not as young as your daughter though. It took 3 trips to doctors for them to ...

tarnz1990

My baby has the flu!

My wee boy has the flu and isnt feeding properly because of it. Please give ideas on how to get h...

2 replies

My little boy has a cold as well and at the moment I just make sure he is upright abit so he can breath and I got some drops that yo...

MummyFlea

Chiropractic Help

Hi all!! My little man is suffering what appears to be reflux, although I am yet to have that co...

4 replies

Hi there. Not sure if you have found a chiro yet, but we go to Ross Gilmore at Manning Road Chiropractic or he has an office in the ...

AllMyChildren

what colour stools is normal for bottlefeed?

My lil one is 7wks and for the last wk or so he's stools have been grey with yellow. He's not con...

1 reply

baby poo can be just about any colour under the sun!! breastfed babies tend to be a yellow mustardy colour and bottle fed a more cla...

ElyseHunt

how much weight did your baby gain?

bubs got weighed at 10 days and he had gained 50g...his orignal birth weight was 3800g, now 3850 ...

3 replies

Hey my boy was born at 4.35kgs, day 3 he was down to 3.90kgs, then at 12 days he had gained a hugeeee 740grams and was 4.73kg then a...

my princess jaida

BPA free bottles

Hi all, sorry dont know if this the correct section to put the question too... I am due for my ...

7 replies

I just thought i'd let people know not to use glass for bm. The aba would have more info, but I know I was told that.

waz94

Plagiocephaly or flat head syndrome

Hi, my 8 week old boy has recently been diagnosed with a mild case of plagiocephaly. The right ha...

5 replies

Hey there, My little man had a flat side on his head which caused his front fontenelle to close early- the child health nurse was as...

Denise75

Nappy Rash

I am a first time mum and my DD is now four months old. I think she has nappy rash. It doesn't ...

4 replies

Hey there, my baby is nearly 6 months old and got a rash a couple of days ago. To clear it up i stopped using baby wipes because i ...

Scoot Scoot

ECZEMA

My 6wk old DD has it and it looks terrible poor little thing. Are there any ladies out there wit...

4 replies

my bub has had it since he was 2 weeks old , best thing i found is lucas papaw ointment. nothing has done a better job and ive tried...

jordysmumma

Strangulated Hernia

My boy was 2 weeks old when he cried for hours on end, wouldn't feed and nothing settle him. Afte...

1 reply

My son is 6 weeks and he has a hernia in the exact same side and area that is mentioned above. He has had it for 3 weeks and it will...

Jazzed

Reflux medication questions

hi , just wandering if anyone with a reflux bub has had any adverse reactions to medications. my ...

1 reply

i hope you went well with the dr. i have 8week old son with reflux, im finding it very demanding. i cant lay him on his back anywhe...