Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health

Your Newborn's Health

chief2323

vaccination

Is it normal for my 2 month old to be sleeping more often then usual after being vaccinated 2 day...

2 replies

Same for all 3 of mine Normal for my kids x

Kylie + 2

Smegma?

DS2 has an appointment with a pediatric surgeon on Wednesday cause he has a lump under the foresk...

2 replies

He's 11 months and has a "half hooded" foreskin????? So not really sure. I guess I'll find out on Wednesday. Thanks for the info

chief2323

Poo Question

hi my 7 week old is currently being feed expressed breast milk and fomula milk. I have just notic...

2 replies

Completely normal Breastfed babies have poo that look like a mustard colour and usually have some flecks in it which is the left ...

chief2323

Flat Head

Hi, I have just noticed that the left side of my 7 week old head is starting to get flat. He also...

2 replies

DS1 had this issue too. it was first noticed by the CHN at his 6 week check, it was flat on his right side as he preferred to sleep ...

GLWCHW

Newborn poo question

Hey, we have a 11 day old daughter and for the past 3/4 days her poo's have become almost frothy ...

3 replies

Hey guys, thanks for getting back to me. We went and saw an ECN on Monday and she suggested that it could be that my foremilk is hig...

Newborn with rash

It sounds like he might just have a bit of heat rash to me, but if you feel in your gut that it's...

3 replies

My almost 6 week old bub had the same thing, the CHN said its either heat rash or what they call a newborn rash (this doesnt go lowe...

ballbaby

Milk rash or eczema?

I've been getting conflicting information and I'm not sure what to believe so wondering what expe...

New no replies Be the first to reply »

Circumcision

Okay, so we are having a boy this time Which brings up the topic of circumcision. For those wit...

59 replies

It is only culture that justifies the cutting of the genitals of baby boys, yet makes us outraged about the cutting of baby girls' ...

chief2323

Penis Help

Hi i have a 5 week old boy and at today nappy change i noticed a very small white dot (like a pim...

2 replies

Any luck?

snowmummy

Tongue Tie

Hey My little girl was born with Tongue Tie, she is 6 weeks old. The webbing underneath her tongu...

2 replies

i have 3 kids & all of them are tongue tied, i believe it is quite common. my kids havent had their tongues clipped at all & can ea...

chief2323

Not pooing

Hi we have just started supplementing our 3 week old with infant fomula. He always on the breast ...

melissaem

Small fatty head lump

Hi everyone, Our 5wk old DD was born with a small, soft skin coloured bump on her forehead and to...

chief2323

Pimples

Hi everyone. Just looking for some help/advice. I have a 2 week old newborn who has developed wha...

2 replies

Yes, quite common. My DD had that from about 6weeks and it probably lasted a month or so. Very red, very angry looking, all over h...

chief2323

2 Horns on head

Hi everyone, me and my wife just had our newborn boy 2 weeks ago. During birth the Dr had to turn...

1 reply

By the sounds of it, they may have had to reattach the vacuum to his head during delivery - thus resulting in the two horns (as you ...

chief2323

Dry flakey skin

Hi everyone. Just looking for some help/advice. I have a 2 week old newborn who seems to have dry...

2 replies

My niece was really red and dry straight after birth and peeled from head to toe within 48hrs and the midwives told my SIL that it ...

YummyMummy2010

Anemia

My son was 4 weeks early, and has only put on 155g in the month. I saw the peads doctor yesterday...

Rissolle

Breast Pumps

Hi.... I'm wanting to buy a breast pump, either Medela or Avent, Avent being half price but Medel...

8 replies

Hi, I too had to express for my baby. In hospital I used a automatic Medela breast pump, I found it worked well but way to expensiv...

emmasfirst

Lots of vomit???

Hi All, My baby is 6 weeks old and seems to be vomiting more often than before. She has a pretty ...

3 replies

Does she seem to have pains in the belly? Milk protein intolerance can be developed at around 4-8wks, DS has this and we went throug...

annelle

baby poo pellets

hi there, hoping i can get some feedback, my baby is 8months and still bf and on 3 solid meals a...

3 replies

try stewed pureed figs with pears. stew either fresh or dried figs with the pears.although not usually recommended , add...

simoneritchie

Runny Poo

Does anyone have suggestions for the reasoning of runny poo. My bub has runny poo, has had it si...

1 reply

dont stress it's normal to be runny. my DD will be starting solids next week at 6 months and im not looking forward to her poos then...

3 gorgeous kids

Jittery Baby

You'd think by the 4th baby, nothing would be new, but this is something I haven't come across be...

1 reply

Hi There Our Bub was jittery as well they checked his blood sugar level as they were worried it was border line. He is 2 weeks old ...

Kyleyhoward

Doctors Hoxton Park Hinchinbrook Area

Hi, We are new to the area and are looking for a good GP or pediatrician for our 6 week old baby....

1 reply

Hi, I have been taking my kids to the Dr at the Green Valley Medical Centre that is in the plaza at the Green Valley shops on Wilson...

my 2boys

Pyloric Stenosis.

My baby (4 weeks) projectile vomits a lot and I mentioned this to the doctor at our last visit, h...

2 replies

Hi there How is your baby going? My son was diagnosed @ 3 weeks and had to be tube fed first for 2 days then he was operated on.

mummy_of_mia_jade

EUKYBEAR rub safe for 8 wk old

Hi just wonderin if i can use eukybear rub on my 8 wk old son. Any advice would be great thanks J...

1 reply

Hi When they are newborn its best to put on their singlet rather than directly on their skin.

jonjoshua

Bali garden/house things for sale

Hi there Have letterboxs, status, marble/limestone pedestals, marble basins. all brand new at go...

~Aiden & keeleigh''s mumma

teething question!

my girl is nearly 12 wks and im pretty sure she is teething she chews her dummy,fists she has pre...

tiger4793

S26 LF with Karricare Thickner" vs everything else I have tried

HELP!!I am total confuse with all these formulas, My 1st bub was Colic, so we used Novalac "Colic...

1 reply

You sound just like me. We could open a shop together between the two of us it sounds like we have every brand of formula. My DS (...

toni_d

pavlik harness

Hi everyone my baby girl Kaley 10 weeks old has just been fitted with a harness to correct her hi...

2 replies

Hi, my baby girl (7.5 weeks) also has just been fitted with a pavlik harness. It is distressing for all of us. She is not allowed to...

newmommie

Baby Teething???

Hello all I have taken my six week old DS to see our local health nurse and I commented that bub...

5 replies

It could be teeth but all babies dribble alot, until they learn to swallow their own spit it just pours out so it is normal to have ...

Amyhewitt

Babies breathing *lungs*

Hi everyone, my bub is nearly 8 weeks old but when he breaths occasional it sounds like his lung...

2 replies

Hi, my 6 week old seems to be having the same problem but some time it affects his feeling an he make plenty of noices when he aslee...

Holly_T

My baby has a cold any tips?

my daughter is nearly three weeks old and has a cold, a blocked nose and sneezing. shes really na...

2 replies

You can definately use the saline nasal drops. There's one called Fess little noses that comes with a 'nasal aspirator' to help remo...

Anam1

Wheezing sound in newborn

My DS is 5 weeks old. Ever since he was born, I have heard him have a wheezing sound (like crack...

2 replies

Joeysmum is spot on, and it is worse if they are born by c section coz getting squeezed down the birth canal helps get a fair amount...

cmarie

baby boy feeding

my little man is 3 1/2 months and all he wants to do all day is feed!he sleeps well but feels lik...

1 reply

My little, big boy was a hungry, hungry baby too. I get an idea of how you must be feeling. Are you breast or bottle feeding? Do yo...

baybee80

is it safe to push babies umbilical hernia in?

Hi, i dont know if its okay to push my babys hernia in.. its so huge but when his sleeping or whe...

2 replies

my little boy ended up with an umbilical hernia when he was 4/5 weeks old in hospital with bronchilitis and it was from struggling t...

peg10

sweat/heat rash on my newborn

my 1 month old newborn has sweat/heat rash all over her face and it doesnt seem to be getting any...

3 replies

This is quite normal for a newborn - don't over clean or over bathe your little one. It could also be a hormone rash, which newborns...

Court.is.mum.of.3

4 days and no poo.....

My 5 week old is constipated BAD!!! We're pretty sure she has colic (but now I think it may not b...

7 replies

My MCHN told me an easy way to avoid constipation is to always add an extra 10mls water in each bottle and it really helped my DS. O...

jaiduss

hip problems in newborns

My lil girl in now nearly 5 months old, she was a heavy set baby born with a c-section being our ...

3 replies

my little girl is 5 weeks old we were told she had clicky hips when she was 2 days old she has been in double nappies since then, wa...

Ruby-Soho-and-Floyd

baby formular

a while ago i posted a thread about my hard choice, i ended up keeping my baby. i didnt get time ...

5 replies

Hi there I agree with all the other Mums. 7 weeks is too early to keep him on Step 2. From memory it's a different mix of ingredi...

Sashey77

Probiotics

Anyone used them for their newborn? I have started my DD2 on them, she is 7 weeks, seems to be m...

catherine82

Boiled water???

i am a first time mum of a 5 week old baby girl she is very hungry ( totally breast fed ) she sna...

5 replies

I give my newborn boiled water, and was told to by both my mother and midwife for a couple of reasons. 1 when she has problems with ...