Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health

Your Newborn's Health

LK001

Dr in Yarraville/Seddon area

Hi Does anyone know of a good GP in the inner western suburbs of Melbourne? I need to find a new ...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Hayley13

Echogenic Intracardiac Focus

I am 23 weeks pregnant with our first baby and had a check up today with the hospital midwives. T...

1 reply

Hi there, just wondering how everything went with your baby with the echogenic intracardiac focus in the left ventricle of the heart...

Dysplasia of the hip

I took my 2 month old son to get an ultrasound of hips today.He needed the ultrasound as he was ...

5 replies

Hi there Our DD1 has DHD, it was picked up at 2 weeks of age & she was put in a Brace for 6 months full-time (no baths), then fo...

acruz

Should I be concerned

My DD has not done a poo for almost 2 days! She is a fully breastfed baby and shes not complainin...

5 replies

Thanks ladies... Its good to know that its pretty normal.... Thanks for putting my mind at ease

KH81FC

Reflux and Zantac

How do you give Zantac to your baby? I have a 4 week old and doc has prescribed it 2.5ml twice a...

5 replies

Get a syringe that has a silicon attachment that go past the gag reflex but it has a ring that stops you putting it in too far. They...

CaCy83

Runny Bowel Motions

Hi Everyone, My DS is 11 weeks old today, and has been fully formula fed since birth. Since birt...

7 replies

Hi! When we put our daughter onto S26 gold her poos went really runny for a long time! Our nurse told us to take her off it and put ...

Whooping Cough

it is a bit of a worry before they are able to be immunised, but even once they have their 2 mont...

4 replies

so not wanting to sound like my mum but if whooping cough is going around i wouldn't be taking her out in crowded public places eith...

stephmaree

Difficulty whilst bottle feeding

Iv'e posted another topic thinking it was constipation but now im not so sure, whilst i am feedin...

10 replies

If you don't get answers ask for a referral to a paediatrician

princess_louise25

Colic

HELP!!! My poor darling 2 week old girl has Colic! It is killing me seeing her in so much pain, a...

7 replies

I have tried the brauer colic relief and has helped alot!! A friend also recomended taking my girl to a chiropractor, as that helped...

STB2

strong 10week old...does yours do this?

hi ladies My 10week old DS for the last week or so has been pulling himself forward whilst layin...

2 replies

he is freakishly strong for such a young bub,strangers are always commenting on it! gah i hope he isnt gunna be another early develo...

stephmaree

How often should 1month old have soiled nappies?

My baby is just over a month old and he only has a dirty nappy every 3 or 4 days, sometimes when ...

4 replies

maybe you can look a the water you are putting in n make sure you mixing right. when i put mine onto bottles at one i always added ...

RobinS

Gestational Diabetes & bub

Hi, just wondering if any mum's could share their experience of what happens after bub is born wh...

4 replies

I've had GD with both my pregnancies and controlled both with diet (DD from 30 weeks, DS from 12 weeks). With DD they didn't do a...

Tejaellu

Taking baby's temp under arm

Hi ladies, just wondering if its true that when you take a babys (7month old) temp from under the...

9 replies

yes your are meant to and an extra degree when taking axillary temp (under arm) it even say's it on the instruction of my thermomete...

mummy 2 4+1

Boys need the snip, DH very unimpressed!

Hi all, My boys had another followup over their constant foreskin issues and their inability to ...

13 replies

I'm confused. What are the medical reasons? Bathroom splatter?

Purple Mummy

When did your baby hold there head up?

My lil guy is almost 6 wks old, ive noticed that he favours the right side, when he lays down. Wh...

7 replies

My babies have always had strong necks and were holding their heads up and looking around straight after birth. I was worried about ...

weaselross

Hip Displaysia

I need some help and ideas. My son is 14mths old and we have just been told his hip is not in th...

sweetcady

Blood in Nose of Newborn

Hi, My 5 week old has a cold - we have all had the flu but she has been relatively well just a b...

3 replies

hi, my little boy had a few nose bleeds too. When he went for his 6 week check the doctor had a look and he had one of those small ...

Cherrie_Ashley

I am so upset

Hi everyone I just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else today my 9 week old daught...

3 replies

how scary! Hopefully it wont happen again!

mummy22+1

Formula feed 12week old

Help........ Very confused. My 12 week old has been formula feed from birth and his poo have alw...

3 replies

He is on Nuture gold starter and yes being made exactly the way it should. My 1st DS was FF from birth aswell and was usually consti...

danie86

granuloma

i was just wondering if anyone's baby has had to get a granuloma cortorized and how their baby ha...

2 replies

Hi my little man his his granuloma done three times with silver nitrate and he didnt react at all, doctor said to me all it can do i...

giirlinluv

Heat rash

My daughter has heatrash right across her face and on her head. Its been there almost a week, and...

2 replies

cornflour

CaCy83

Silent Reflux?

Hi Everyone! I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with their bub having silent reflux...

2 replies

hi there did you get an answer from your gp? my dd had both silent reflux and colic, i noticed that the screaming started same time ...

Lalas2Dudes

late development of reflux?

ok, so DS1 had reflux, and i know what to do about it if this is what DS2 has... however he has ...

CaCy83

Cradle Cap?

Hi Everyone! My DS is almost 6 weeks old, and just tonight when I was bathing him I noticed that...

6 replies

This sounds very similar to what my little one had. Hers was a little patch of mild eczema on her forehead and cradle cap on her hea...

Mummaof5**

Newborn ASD PDA

Well on DD2's newborn checkup the paed noticed a loud heart murmer.. Her response was that it sou...

4 replies

Thanks heaps guys.. So sad these parents n bubbas have to go through things like that :'( DD went for her second scan today.. PDA i...

Sarah_B_Nz41

Bandy legs?

hi there, I have a six week old baby whose legs appear to curve inwards (bandy). Is this norma...

1 reply

Im sure its fine baby's legs are still growing and developing its quite normal to have a bend in them...

CaCy83

Grunting and Straining

Hi Everyone!! My bubba is 3 weeks old tomorrow, and its my first baby, so not really sure whats ...

4 replies

Thanks. Better Safe Then Sorry Is A Motto To Live By.

lilzekesmum

clomid resulting in twins or mutiply pregnacy

hi all just wondering how many of you hav taken clomid and resulted in twins or a multipul pregna...

8 replies

She was petrified when she found out!! She already had a 3yo DS, and her trips are 2 DD's and a DS, so she has 2 of each and no fam...

AT899D

4 weeks old and constipated

hello my son is 4 weeks old and he is constipated i am breast feeding and feeding him karicare go...

6 replies

Try the standard karicare (from birth, blue tin) as it is thinner...my son did not get constipated with it. I mainly BF and FF my so...

Help#4

Just been told....

My DS2 is 10 weeks old on Friday and I have just taken him to the dr's due to a nagging cough. I ...

14 replies

Hi, I didnt have this problem, my lil man wasnt so lil, he was a whopping 10p 4o (4650g or something like that) and he was a lil pig...

TurtleTum

Just want to check

I've read posts similar to what I am trying to work out but I am still not sure. I have a 7 week ...

2 replies

Ok thanks. Yeah I would love a manual especially with this one. He is so different from my daughter she was so straight forward. ...

GLWCHW

Milk protien allergy

My 4 week old daughter has been diagnosed with a milk protien allergy and we have been referred t...

4 replies

Hi, my DD milk protein allergy was diagnosed via a stool sample and then referral to Paediatrician...its amazing what a difference t...

Maruschkevilj

A lot of cramping

My daughter (2 weeks old) gets extreme cramping after drinking. I have cut out everything possib...

1 reply

mine used to be the same, I cut out Garlic, chocolater, onion, tomato etc and she was still a 'colicy' baby, I used to use Brauers c...

GLWCHW

Newborn cold

Just need to vent...am so so so annoyed last week a friend visited and was getting over a cold an...

7 replies

Im in the same boat as you my 3 weeks old (3 weeks today) got a nasty cold from a child at playgroup as did my two other children. I...

Melclarke

snorting when crying

is snorting normal when baby is crying????

4 replies

my 16 week old daughter taylah does it ALL the time. so cute and funny.

jacki33

umbilical hernia

my 10 week old daughter was born with an umbilical hernia. i have been told by a few people to pu...

11 replies

Hi, my daughter had one when sh was born. she is now 16 weeks and it dissappeared a good 2 months ago. I have been a nanny for 7 yea...

meggsy76

Pavlick Harness for Developmental Hip Displasia

Hi there, My daughter is nearly 10 weeks old. Just today she has been put into a Pavlick Harness ...

1 reply

Megan, I am unable to suggest any helpful hints but I would love for some advise. My daughter who is nearly 6 weeks had her hip ult...

MrsBish

One of 4%, my son was born with a tooth!

When my midwife said, oh he has a tooth, I thought she was kidding. I have never heard of it and...

2 replies

When my midwife said, oh he has a tooth, I thought she was kidding. I have never heard of it and never knew it happened. But my s...

chief2323

dribbling

My 2 month old seems to be dribbling ALOT all of a suddent. Is this normal?

3 replies

It's so normal, could be teething even at this early age. As discussed in another post the amber teething necklaces are great for dr...

sweetcady

Pentivite - multivitamin for vitamin D Deficiency in newborn

Hi, Just wondering if anyone elses newborn has to take Pentivite? She has to have it because I h...

4 replies

well I had the midwife come for a home check and I told her the problens I was having with it and she said that now that she is on f...