Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health

Your Newborn's Health

Rebeccapope1982

Getting baby weighed

Hi Ladies, Does anyone know if you can get your baby weighed anywhere BESIDES the Early Childhoo...

2 replies

All the chemists around me have baby scales too, and most of them have a nurse or midwife who visits a few times a week who you can ...

Jade&CailsMummy

4 week old has a cold

Hey My DD is fully breastfed and still somehow she has a cold poor girl she is really struggling...

5 replies

Little man got his first cold at 4 weeks took him to the doctor. I was told that to bf when he wanted it and give him extra cuddles ...

2nd_time_around

my baby isn't gaining weight

Hi all My 4 week old boy was weighed yesterday and is only 200g heavier than his birth weight. W...

8 replies

my baby was 15 days overdue. and lost quite abit of weight to start wth. wthin the normal range then was slow to gain it bak. was on...

Jennamareejones

6 month old baby poop

We have been to the doctor before with our son as he always goes quite a long time without a bowe...

5 replies

Maybe try some stewed pear - that's pretty good for constipation. Some foods will be worse than others - just try one for a few days...

ally_cat

gestational diabetes and bubs

hey. i had my boy 4weeks ago. my midwife came to check on us the other day and said i should get ...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
ally_cat

constipated?

my newborn is 3weeks old and ive been breastfeeding him and topping up with formula. but i think ...

3 replies

thanks!! nah im in new zealand. yea i was pretty wrried he jst done a massive as poop went all up his bak and front lol. bit freaky ...

thetinyone

Swollen Pelvis

So I took my DS to the dr (hsi spots were just thrush for the record) tonight after my DH found h...

5 replies

His hydroceles have gone down now, and both testicles are back in place. Thank goodness, hopefully they wont be back again.

thetinyone

Spots bove his pubic area

I just did a diaper change on my little man and noticed pimple like spots just above his penis, i...

Zed55

9 week old and frequent bowel movements

Hi My 9 week old is exclusively breast fed, and still has a bowel movement almost every feed. My...

11 replies

My bf bub poo'ed during every feed for the first few months, actually she probably kept doing it till she was topped up with formula...

Rebeccapope1982

GP Reccomendations

Hi everyone =) Can anyone reccomend a good GP in the Caringbah/Cronulla area that is baby friend...

KylieJ28

Pooh's after most feeds

Hi. Recently DD2 has started having really runny pooh's after almost every feed. What/why could t...

3 replies

No naapy rash at all. I only used huggies nappies and wipes but only wiped her after a poo. once or twice I thought she was looking ...

Squidlet

cold @ 2 weeks old

so, Scarlet has a cold blocked nose, it's hard for her to feed. She threw up a little milk bef...

4 replies

I checked her temperature a few times, was never high, but the 2nd day in I took her to the docs. They listened to her chest, decide...

Soulymi

Pyloric Stenosis?!?

My son is nearly 6 weeks old and since about 3 weeks old he has been randomly vommiting ( I do...

16 replies

I had the same problem but it was just bad reflux. I was told at the hospital that a baby with a pyloric stenosis would projectile a...

LeeLee89

Whooping Cough

Hi, Ive just been looking on the net trying to find some info about whooping cough and the dange...

4 replies

awkward situation! if it makes you feel any better, you are only contagious for the first 21 days from memory - usually before the ...

Mels Bub

Allergic to Amoxil

OMG...my son had a really high temp from an ear infection last week and was given Amoxil. I gave ...

3 replies

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Amoxil) easy-to-use-pharmacy.com I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them. P.S. 5%...

melissa2911

my 8 week old has bad nappy rash

hey ladies my little girl makaylah who will be 8 weeks tomorrow has had a bad nappy rash for 2-3 ...

6 replies

hey ladies my little girl makaylah who will be 8 weeks tomorrow has had a bad nappy rash for 2-3 weeks now ive tried everything sud...

titatony

Chiropractor

Hi i have a 8 week little boy that has been diagonesed with reflux. He is on medication but still...

6 replies

I also recommend for anyone needing a chiropractor in the inner west to try Sydney Wide Chiropractic, he has one practice in marrick...

How do I insert Petrus glycerol suppository for my 7 week old baby?

Is your baby breast fed or bottle fed? as breast fed babies can go for 15 + days without pooping,...

8 replies

Hello - Well, I always thought you inserted the tapered end first, and that the instructions were to push it in with your middle fin...

mum-to-2-spuds

Floppy (lazy) Laynx

Hi everyone, Has anyone heard of a floppy larynx or have a bub with one? Bubs was diagnosed by ...

2 replies

Hi deonne, My baby is 12 weeks now and was borned with flippy larynx as well. I was told intially that's only mucus. At 10 weeks, w...

Meshell_123

babies reaching their birth weight

I am wondering if anyone has had a bub reciently that hasnt reached their birth weight over a 2 ...

5 replies

DS had lost >600g by the time I left the hospital but I can't remember how long it took him to regain it. I did have to give him ...

Mister Lukas and Miss Eve

gunky baby eyes :(

Twice since last nights sleep my DD has woken up with gunky eyes. It only happens after a long sl...

7 replies

thanks for the advice she is bottle fed so theres nothing coming out of these boobs for her lol but u have all given me a few thin...

lani10

Family history of dislocated hips

Hi there I was born with dislocated hips myself and required multiple surgeries and spica casts....

Amber29

Genetic skin condition icthyosis

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has any experience in carrying a child with possible icthyosis a...

1 reply

Hi, I have one son with the condition, who required a emergancy c section. It was not diagnosed during pregnancy, and it was only af...

!Shanz!

Birth Defects

My bubby has a ventricular heart defect, it is a small hole between the two chambers of the heart...

5 replies

Hi ladies, We just got home from 7 weeks in hospital with our baby. She had an undiagnosed CHD and has had a really rough start to ...

Ali_Cat

V shaped crease at top of bum

Hi Ladies, Just wondering if anyone has a baby with V shaped crease at top of their bum? My litt...

3 replies

My 7 week old son has one I think it's cute if a little weird, lol. Both the midwife and plunket nurse have commented on it. Bot...

Blue Jean Baby

3week old vomiting/posetting alot

My baby is 3 weeks & he has been vomiting up milky curd alot. Often a couple of times in the midd...

3 replies

Thanks guys I go to my child health nurse on Wednesday, I might ask her about that. He must be getting so much wind, today he's bee...

Blisful

Craniostenosis

I notice that there is nothing current on Craniostenosis. I have recently been through diagnosis ...

Mister Lukas and Miss Eve

Tummy bug or ???

Yesterday DD projectile vomitted after every bottle, because she has reflux i thought it was just...

cocoshell

Itching her ear?

Hi My 9 month old in the past few days has been sticking her finger in her outer ear and scratch...

1 reply

I don't know what it is, but I get that too. Its like my ear drum is itchy, so rubbing the outside scratches the inside

L_Milligan

Reflux

Cooper is 3 weeks and 2 days old today. We spent today down at the plunket family centre for brea...

10 replies

I'm all for what's going to be best for him and keep him out of pain. It's my partner that needs the convincing. Trial and error! ...

12449A7B

New born hearing screening

Does anyone know where you can be seen privately for a hearing test if your baby fails the hearin...

3 replies

The screen uses two quick and simple tests to see if there is a need for further investigation. These are called the Otoacoustic Emi...

Bailey_&_Brayden

chicken pox!

heys everyone i dunno if any of you can help but my 5 year old has chicken pox just wondering wat...

8 replies

Thanks for sharing this wonderful and useful information..I rang my health nurse and she said that her problems won’t get them as sh...

Marmy61

HIgh Pitched Wheezing...

Hiya Ladies, Just after a bit of advice. My little DD has had these weird high pitched wheezing...

8 replies

Wheezing is a high-pitched whistling sound during breathing. It occurs when air flows through narrowed breathing tubes. If wheezing ...

RobinS

Bub's a little too well behaved

Just wondering if anyone else has a bub who's really well behaved, Caleigh is just over 4 weeks o...

11 replies

Hi guys, thanks for all the reassurance, Caleigh's now 9 weeks old & still a little angel, she has her moments of fussing but on the...

Shell_Lee

Immunisation

DS2 had his 8 week vaccination at 11.45am yesterday, and was fine until around 4.30 pm when start...

11 replies

Thank you. That is what I've been told, but conflicting info has made me question. Damn me and my reading too much! roll eyes Bah...

Miss MumtoOne

Anyone suggest a good Paedatrician

So it looks like DS is going to have to see a paedatrician (for silent reflux) So now I'm won...

ejg85

Hiccups!!

Hi, My little girl is about 10 days old and gets hiccups all the time. Its ridiculous how often ...

6 replies

My DD had them all the time as a baby. She still gets them but not as often and she's 9 months old now.

Bellybutton bleeding

Just changed DS's nappy and he had some dry blood in and around his bellybutton. I cleaned it out...

5 replies

Don't clean it so often - it only really needs a very gentle clean when he's having a bath. It needs to heal and if you're cleaning ...

*OurDarling*

Should I be worried?

Hi everyone, I was shocked this morning when i woke up and discovered my nearly 4 week old baby ...

5 replies

I've had the same thing and it scared me too! My son is now 1 month old, and he managed to roll onto his side on purpose several ti...

wills mum

TEETHING?

hi guYS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME mY GUY IS 15WKS AND HAS BEEN DROOLING AND PULI...

2 replies

Hello friend nice information for newborn baby’s mamma. Really this information is very helpful for her. Thank you.