Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health

Your Newborn's Health

sam20

breast milk

hey thought this was a good idea! A lady named Marea Ryan a former midwife has a dream of creati...

2 replies

There is a milk bank here in WA which is very popular amongst breast feeding Mums. Maye she can contact the WA Milk Bank to get som...

Milk rash?

My 4 week old baby girl has a yukky looking rash on her face. It started off as a few spots here...

1 reply

Hello my 8 week old got exactly the same thing at 4 weeks. Started out as a few spots then went all over his checks and behind ears ...

Glittery81

Thermometres

Just wondering what the best thermometres to buy are? There are heaps around and some are quite e...

1 reply

I've got the underarm ones (useless) & recently bought an ear one. It's pale green & white & in the shape of a penguin. Wish I'd g...

jazzacows

Immunisation

Do I give bubs some panadol before her 2month Injection?

1 reply

I think the answer to that is based on personal preference. Someone recommended it to me, but I wasn't really keen on giving my bub ...

JG 32

Windburn - help needed

Hi there, Have been home from an NRL football match (watching in the shade from the stadium) and...

2 replies

Hey my daughter had wingburn couple of weeks ago it didnt bother her tilll the end were it started to dry the skin & get itchy when ...

Urinary Tract Infection...

My dd has a UTI when she was 5 weeks old..now is 10 weeks..Was a pretty scary time when the doc's...

2 replies

Hi Tezza, My daughter had a UTI when she was just 4 months old. It was the scarriest couple of days of my life! She had been unwell...

nicole22

pink coloured spots in urine

hi, i have a 9 and a half week old baby boy and the last couple of days every couple of nappies h...

2 replies

My son was 3 weeks old when I found pink blood the size of a 10c peice in his nappy. I took him to the GP who then did a urine test ...

Melissa_Sue

Thrush - mouth

Hi, I have a 3 week 1 day old son which I am breast feeding. I've just found out that he has ...

1 reply

Hi Melissa Sue. I have noticed no one has replyed to your post, and I am surprised becase apparently it is so very common that babi...

NickiC

Need to find a good GP in Berwick, Victoria

Hi, We moved to Berwick, Victoria about 3 yrs ago and we haven't been able to find a good GP tha...

1 reply

Hi there, I actually live in Boronia but my mum works in Narre Warren and all her work colleagues are from around that area. So sh...

my2girlsRgreat

BUBS THROWING UP AFTER BOTTLES BUT STILL PUTTING ON WEIGHT!!!!!!!

Hi my anme is Kellie and i have a 3 month old baby girl Tianah and for the last week or so she ha...

2 replies

Hi I have a 9 week old little boy and we have the same problem, he suffered from pretty bad reflux but we have that under control n...

berniebabe

Belly ache before Poo.

I was wondering if anyone could help me. My 12 week old girl only poo's every 7-9 days...I know ...

1 reply

My little Aaron gets like this - he's 13 weeks old. however he drinks only formula and manages to poo every 1-2 days. Just before he...

Barbara A

Colitis - has anyones baby had this?

Hi ladies, Im new to this site, so a big HELLO to all of you. My 8 week old son Daniel was dx wit...

1 reply

Hi there, My baby was not dx with colitis but lactose intolerance which caused projectile style poo that was liquid, we covered a pa...

moosemum

developing quickly

My boy Robert is 6 weeks old and i feel he is doing things a lot earlier than he is meant to. He ...

2 replies

Hi Moosemum Sounds like Robert is developing very nicely. my daughter Elise was the same. She was born 54cm 8 pound 8 ounces and...

mummy2princess'

DEVELOPMENT AT 11WKS

hey kayla is 11wks and im wondering why she hasnt rolled yet. she can hold things in her hands we...

2 replies

Hi there Kayla sounds to me like she is developing just fine i am a childcare worker and have a lot to do with baby developmenta...

Amber-87

ANYONE WANT PREVENTION FROM CRADLE CAP? I GOT THE SOLUTION

It's shampoo. Yep that's right. I used baby shampoo (no more tears) on my daughter from day one a...

1 reply

I used J&J no tears too, it was very good. DD still got cradle cap but not as bad as others and it went quickly and never came back....

my bubies Constipated

hi i have a 2 week only baby she was 8 weeks early and im breast feeidng her but my milk suppys n...

3 replies

I have a 3.5 month old and breastfed for the first 7 weeks. It is common for breastfed babies to not poo for up to 10 days, however...

Sharon79

Weight Worry

Hi Guys, My little boy has just turned 3 months and since he was 9 weeks, my health nurse has bee...

1 reply

Hi Sharon As long as he looks healthy I wouldn't worry too much. Some babies tend to grow a lot faster length ways before weight. Th...

zachs_mum2006

Dream feeding and bad bowel wind.

Hey there, after reading some of the posts on this site I'm wondering if my 8 week old little man...

1 reply

Hi If wind is his problem then try burping more frequently during feeds. I started burping Jeb every 3-4mins which also will help ge...

seths_mumma

blocked nose

hi just looking for some help my little boy is 5 weeks and has alot of mucous in his nose. i am u...

3 replies

I was told about the milk up the nose thingy too. only my bubby was bottle fed but the same theory applies. The milk needs to be w...

dsej05

Rash

Hi My baby girl has started to get a rash on her face it is like little pimples everywhere. Has ...

4 replies

hi my baby got it after he was born its just hormones so I have been told ,he started to ge it down his belly as well, he is now 7 w...

Chesty sounds when breathing

My 3 month old has always been a loud breather. Over the last 24 hours I have noticed he is getti...

1 reply

Maybe you should take him. It can't hurt. That way you can know for sure and relax. When my daughter was little she made a weird mu...

renee1980

reflux medication

Hi My doctor has just put my 6 week old on Zantec for reflux i was wondering if anyone has used ...

1 reply

Hi Renee I guess all went well with the tests! Both my 2 kids were on Zantac and I found it helped ease their pain a lot. They will ...

Its_Jess

Chapped Lips

Hey, Does anyone have any remidies for chapped lips. My newborn is 1week old and all the breast ...

1 reply

What about using that nipple cream called MARCALAN cream it is the one you can use on your nipples and it doesn't mater if baby eats...

seths_mumma

brauer colic relief

ive just started my 6 week bubby on brauer colic relief and i just wanted to hear from anyone who...

2 replies

Hi, we've just started using it for our 3 wk old & he seems to cope ok with it. I have'nt noticed any change in his sleeping but it ...

free_babe5

Baby belly aches

i have a 3 week old that won't burb after a feed. she screams basically all day. i am struggling ...

5 replies

I know a lot of people have already replied to this, but I was going to add that I have tried both Infacol and another brand called ...

nicolemc

IS THIS REFLUX?

Hi, my daughter is nearly 4 wks old and is a breastfed bub, not sure if she is suffering from ref...

2 replies

hi my baby boy is 2 1/2 months old and i have experienced exactly the same thing I have just recently taken him to a natrapath to ha...

catherine shell

hormonal spots

My 4 week old baby has hormonal spots all over his face, it gets rather red when he gets hot or f...

2 replies

My bubba got them too around 4 weeks. When the clinic sister came, she looked at them and said.. ahh milk pimples.. dont worry love,...

KylieH

What is 'normal' weight gain?

Hi guys, I have a 4 week old, and took her to be weighed today. She has gained 620g in 2 weeks, ...

3 replies

your bubs weights were all similar to my bub, she gained alot between the 2 week and 4 week weigh in. At 4 weeks she weighed 9pd 1. ...

kezza161

Natren Lifestart for windy 5 week old

A natropath has suggested i try Natren Lifestart for my 5 week old son who has an amazing amount ...

2 replies

Just a quick note to let you know that i tried every thing on the market for wind and after spending all that money the only thing t...

traceym

HELP - Blood in poo's????

My 7 wk old bub started having mucus blood in his poo's about 2 1/2 weeks ago. We went to the do...

1 reply

Hi There I havent had any first hand experience on this, but maybe you should go to another Doctor and get a second opinion? They mi...

Watery poo

I have started my 2 weeks old son on Formula as my breast milk had a very low supply and i found ...

2 replies

I don't think you should be concerned it will become more like a paste as he gets more formula. As long as you a giving him breast ...

Quin1901

FLAT SPOT

My little boy (8wks now) has a flat spot on the left side. My health care nurse said when he is a...

6 replies

My daughter had the flattest head on one side, CAFHS Nurse very concerned. Doctor said don't worry it will even out. Guess what he...

reflux

my 5wk old baby girl has been diagnoised with reflux there never seems to be a happy time feeding...

3 replies

Hi my 9 week old daughter has bad reflux also. My GP has her on infant gaviscon which when combined with keeping her upright for at...

Cold remedies

Hey ladies, just wondering what remedies I can try for my 10 week old bubba, he caught a cold fro...

4 replies

My daughter is just about 4mnth, and she just got over a cold yesterday. I bought 'Fess little noses' from the pharmacy. You get sal...

laura_n_rylies_mum

My 12 Week old has suddenly stopped pooing!

HI all, I couldn't find a thread about this ( my eyes aren't that great anyway ) so I would like ...

1 reply

hi kristy my bubba did the same thing and i got really worried and took him to the doc. The doc said he was constipated and wanted...

seths_mumma

restless sleep

my 5 week old baby boy often wakes himself when he passes wind.While this is very amuseing to wat...

1 reply

Hey Kristie, Are you from wattle grove? If so its bec here, Bens misses. Lachlan did the same thing he used to get terrible gut pai...

Constipated and green poos

Okay, just another problem added to the list....DS is constipated now. After straining and being ...

1 reply

Hi My DD has been constipated as well so we gave her the Coloxl drops.... Her stools have been a dark brown and are so sticky the n...

kurtis'mum

Fontanelle closing to fast

Hi everyone my son is nearly 11 weeks old and last check to the doctors he said his skull is clos...

1 reply

Hi there, Our son was born with an extremly small fontanelle, and his skull had fused in certain places. It is a condition called c...

BeLnOaks

When can bubs go in the pool?

Hey! i have a 7 week old son and was just wondering when it was ok to take him for a swim in the ...

2 replies

Hiya, We were just discussing this in my mothers group. They recommend bubs waits til 6 months to use pulbic pools as they are 'f...

Lids

Mucous and sniffles?

Hi , my daughter is now 9 weeks old and has sort of had the sniffles twice. once at 2 weeks and ...

2 replies

my little man was always like that, I found by putting a vapouriser in his room a night, helpt heaps. I don't think you can ever be ...