Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health

Your Newborn's Health

chookypookie

immunisation agree or disagree?

Hi ladies, your opions would be greatly appreciated on this topic, my baby is nearly six months o...

36 replies

Looking for more information on vaccinations/immunisation? Read our review here.

my*darling*lorenzo

ABNORMALITIES/BRAIN DAMAGE CAUSED BY IMMUNISATIONS

I'VE READ AND WATCHED ON TV RECENTLY, TERRIBLE & EXTREMELY SAD STORIES OF REAL LIFE PARENTS WHO S...

3 replies

Looking for more information on vaccinations/immunisation? Read our review here.

Mama_Mia

immunisation links to autism

Hi everyone, My DD will be getting her first shot this week but I heard that immunising can make...

28 replies

While these posts are old, it is important to be aware that the Anti Vaccination Network has been determined by the NSW Government t...

limelight

Vaccination debate.

My intention is not to have a go at those who choose to or not to vaccinate but to bring to the t...

10 replies

While these links are old, it is important to add this information in case new users read them: The deceptively named Australian (A...

Reneepollard07

Stinkiest farts EVER!!!!

My NB is 3 weeks old and since he has been home from hospital (we came home the day after he was ...

4 replies

It isn't actually baby prune juice but the all natural 100% prune juice but only use a tiny amount in with some cooled boiled water....

WillowGirl

Has anyone had a baby with HIE grade 2 or no oxygen at birth?

Hi my daughter was born not breathing and ended up in SCN after a MRI scan, some damage to the br...

6 replies

my daughter had to be resucitated after birth, spent an hour in nicu then a few days in special care, she is now a healthy 16 year o...

PinaI

Is this what they call a growth spurt?

Morning all For the last two nights my 6-week old has been waking every 2-3 hours (he used to go...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
ginnolly

Infacol Drops

I bought some Infacol Drops at the supermarket yesterday but reading the directions it states tha...

2 replies

Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote: Did you go with Eliza? No. Our wee girl is Ruby Mary. As much as I love Eliza it just didnt feel right. A...

*~Zimbee~*

Blocked Tear ducts

Hi Ladies My little man has blocked tear ducts! One has cleared really well and only ever has a t...

6 replies

My DS had a blocked duct as well and what a pain in the bum it was! I cleaned it regularly with saline and had chlorsig drops for wh...

mamaluv

Microtia birth defect

On the 13th Jan 2012 I gave birth to a very handsome lil man who is an absolute delight to have i...

5 replies

Mmas_Dawod wrote: mamaluv wrote:On the 13th Jan 2012 I gave birth to a very handsome lil man who is an absolute delight to have in o...

Poos

Put her on a fresh white towel after a long, warm bath - never failed to get the bowels going lol...

4 replies

my little man is also a quick feeder. But I know my flow is fast, especially when boob is full. He likes 8-15 mins feeds (average of...

*~Zimbee~*

Pimply face

Hi Ladies! My little man has gotten a lot of pimple on his face in the last 2 days, they are pret...

2 replies

Thanks ladies, i remember my doctor telling me not to worry last time, but i didnt know what caused them!! Thanks

Treill01

Will mother's allergies be passed on to their baby?

Hi, I am 27 and 7 weeks pregnant with my first child. I was born with a sensitivity to anything...

1 reply

Hi Tiffany, Sadly yes, allergies can be passed down to children. I have allergies inherited from my father (my half sister does as w...

gemsbec

Eye sight

Hi everyone I was just wondering...how far can a baby see?? My little boy is 6 weeks old tomor...

3 replies

I went to the optometrist about an eye condition that both my dd dad and I both had. The optometrist was not concerned and wants to ...

Laura_Horrell

immunisations

on friday, im due to take ds for his 6 week needles. unfortunately, both ds and myself wailed so ...

5 replies

2tinks wrote: Isn't it meant to be at 2 months or am I missing something? Dd3 is 6 weeks and am not getting anything done for anothe...

K_Gubb

Losec/colic/constipation

My 8 week old has just been put on losec (9 days ago) he doesn't seem to be much different, has s...

4 replies

Hi my son had silent reflux from about 2 weeks old he would just scream after a feed for about 20mins was horrible! Finally at 4 wee...

Tegan2good

Newborns and wind

Most times when my new born wakes up from a sleep, he'll start this incredible cry because he has...

3 replies

Pumping their legs (bicycle movements) seemed to work the best with my DD.. I tried everything under the sun n this was the only thi...

Kimi_x

Vomitting like a fountain - Help?

Hi, my baby girl is almost 10 weeks old however she was born 6 weeks pre-term. She has always vom...

5 replies

Oh I've heard about that! Glad you got to the bottom of it

Sarahclaire88

Baby acne

Hi ladies, I was hoping someone could give me some advice. My 8 & 1/2 week son had some baby acne...

3 replies

hello my little one had the same nurse said not to worry it will go away just put some cream on there to help get rid of it!! or vi...

Matthew-743

1 week old has congestion - safe to use Euky Bear Vaporiser

Hi, Our new girl has a pretty severe stuffy nose (we think it is bad!), we purchased a Euky Bear...

2 replies

Hey, u can use the vaporizer but just water the oils etc will actually irritate them more being so young. But that and saline up the...

melissadu

Pimples on head and face

My 3 week old baby has had red like pimples on his head and face since birth but it has gradually...

2 replies

As far as I'm aware, that is all your hormones coming out of baby. But don't quote me on that. I wouldn't be worried... unless your...

mummymeg

Anyone used cranial osteopath for babys reflux/upset tummy

Morning Has anyone used a cranial osteopath to help with reflux and upset tummys with a newborn?...

2 replies

Took our son to an osteopath a few times. Each time the osteopath would say "he might be a bit unsettled for a day or 2, but that's ...

mummymeg

Reflux/Neocate/Allergy/Not Sleeping advice appreciated

Good Monday morning. My DS is now 4 weeks old. He hasnt been sleeping well last couple of weeks ...

2 replies

Hello, My DD was the same as your DS since we got home from hospital. She would breastfeed for hours at a time then cry hystericall...

Mama_2_be

Milk Spots/baby acne

My son is 4 weeks old and is mainly BF and has some nasty milk spots. they are mainly on his chin...

3 replies

I agree with pp,Breastmilk is the best for anything like that.

mylilmiss

reflux? milk intolerance? colic?

I am at wits end not knowing what to do anymore. My 9 week old girl has never been happy or not f...

10 replies

Thanks for all your replies! I already use a dummy and yes it's a life saver...she loves her dummy. Ive decided to can everything......

mum2taylor

having to help 2 week old poo every time

Can anyone offer me any advice. My son is 2 weeks old and is formula fed. He passed the green tar...

9 replies

With bf babies, they don't poo everyday. They can go for 2 weeks without pooing. It isn't a problem, there just isn't much waste. I ...

s_heagney

Is this a latex allergy

I bought some latex dummies for my 4 week old yesterday, and today she has about 5-6 red pimple l...

1 reply

congrats on the new bub hard to tell without seeing a piccie, but it could just be milk pimples

Replynowdammit

Hemifacial Microsomia

I have searched the forum for this but can only find things a few years old. Wondering if anyone ...

Tracey Marshall

Poos

Hi. My 10 week old breastfed baby is only using his bowels every 7 days. Today his poo was a ye...

3 replies

My BF little girl is now 15 weeks and was previously only pooing once a week, sometimes with the colour and texture you describe, no...

gypsy kylz

is this normal...

hey ladies, my little boy is almost 7 weeks old but hasnt done a poo for almost 2 weeks!! ive be...

4 replies

thanks for the reassureance (sp.? sorry lol) well we have pooage lol LOTS of pooage on day 15 thankfully we were at home at the tim...

nospringchicken!!!!!

So worried about my 3 week old niece!!!!

Just need to talk to someone as I am so worried about my sister and her 3 week old daughter!!! Be...

7 replies

Thanks to everyone for their lovely messages and support!!! It has helped me be a little more calm and get through the day!!!! I hav...

Holly&Bryce

Circumsision

After talking about it with family, friends and my partner (who is circusised) i want to look at ...

7 replies

Hey thanks, my partner did not get a chance to even see any of this, he just decided no. I have talked to lots of family and friends...

Neeny98

Babies with Sensitive Skin and Rashes!

Hi everyone, Did you know that children who suffer from rashes, Eczema, Dermatitis or have sensi...

jessi-j

Nappy rash

So DD Has nappy rash due to diarrhea wich the doctor said was just caused by teething. I have tri...

6 replies

I have only been using it for a day so hopefully it will work

RachieBoomba

Can anyone recommend a good GP for when bub comes. (Northside Brissy)

My bub is due in Sept and just wondered if anyone could recommend a good GP around the Murrumba D...

2 replies

We go to Lakelands medical centre which is in North Lakes. They used to be in Kallangur and are really good. We see Dr Catherine McG...

Tifmara

Experiences with full cranial vault surgery

My son will be 9 months old when he undergoes full cranial vault remodelling. Does anyone have a...

1 reply

Hi, sorry I have not seen your post before now, maybe you have more info now and are feeling somewhat better? My son is nearly 17 mo...

TaliMay

Pulmonary valve stenosis

Hi my little 9 week old Ebony has Pulmonary valve stenosis. This is a severe heart condition. She...

2 replies

Ok so I know this is an old link but my son has just been diagnosed with PVS and RCH Melbourne are wanting to do a valvulopasty...I'...

tash07

laryngomalacia... Anyone's baby had this?

At birth my DS2 was diagnosed with a floppy larynx, or stridor by his paed, and now he is almost ...

1 reply

My niece, now 11, had this condition - but much milder than your DS. Her little 'squeak' was kinda cute - you knew she was still br...

RachieBoomba

So hard!!

Hi i feel i just need to vent before i go insane ;-( I have a beautiful 3 week old baby boy who i...

4 replies

hopefully zantac will work. it can take a week or so and may take dose assessment as he grows. if zantac doesn't help do ask about l...

Jade&CailsMummy

newborn weight gain

My DD was born 3.9kg lost 200g at birth. Now she weighs 4.9kg at 4 weeks at that a normal weight ...

6 replies

Sounds fantastic - you can relax and enjoy your baby! DS was 400g lighter than birth at 4 weeks but by 6 weeks had gained 1.7kg - an...