Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health

Your Newborn's Health

cooksie

baby with smelly ear

hi there i noticed the other night my 14wk old girl has a smelly ear. i try to keep her ears cl...

9 replies

Hi there I have a 5 month old daughter, and I have noticed that her right ear has a funny smell. There's no sign of an ear infe...

Findbrendonandebony

Got the Farts!!

My month old wee girl has the major farts. And stinky ones!! She sure can clear a room. She farts...

5 replies

My baby boy was exclusively breast fed & did the loudest, longest farts ever! It used to have my husband & I in fits of laug...

Zinkles

Skubala, Supermummy, kittkatt and any other health professionals :)

Had my midwife appointment today and she asked about vitamin k. She has given me a little pamphle...

6 replies

I haven't heard anything bad about it through work, and I know all the nurses and doctors etc at my (old) work would have got i...

lilzekesmum

pcos ttc and all the meds

hi all im heidi im 22 yo and been ttc for 2.5 yrs now with bub no.2. in jan 2010 was diognosed wi...

7 replies

Hi I have been taking diabex xr for the last 3 months, and only wanted to know what food to eat when on diabex is there side effect...

Beaker or any nurses/pharmacists etc.

LM I've been trying to search for that post chalys put up after her ds was done to see what ...

6 replies

Little Miss' wrote: It's still saying I'm following you, I didn't un follow lol. My Pms were playing up before w...

Miss_Felicity

tummy time

Hi all So my son is two weeks today and I havent really officially done "tummy time" y...

6 replies

Rosie Mumma wrote: I wouldn't worry at 2 weeks. He'll be getting incidental tummy time by lifting his head off your chest ...

wolfbaby

shrunken soft spot?HELP!!!!

HOW DO u know if the fontanel is shrunken a bit? I try not to touch it so Im not sure if its sunk...

1 reply

If she has normal wet nappies then I wouldn't worry. That's the best indicator of whether she is getting enough. That team...

gypsy kylz

tongue tie... not sure what to do

my 10 day old has a tongue tie and we're not sure if we should get it snipped now or leave i...

5 replies

thanks for all the replies. sorry I have taken so long to respond. it sounds like it must not be a very severe tie as I have no pain...

2 week old temperature. Any nurses around?

the normal temp for a baby is between 35-37 if that helps

4 replies

I bet that's relieving! I'm glad he's all better Little Miss'

Riley&Sienna

14 weeks old and 4.65 kilos. Low weigh gains. Exclusively breastfed.

Would love to hear from mums who had bubs with low weight gains. My little girl only puts on 70-1...

7 replies

Personally i would stop worrying. Both my boys were long as skinny and low weight gainers. DS2 is 18.5 weeks and was weighed yesterd...

Narave

heat rash

Good morning all beautiful parents, we have a 5 week old who is sufferring from heat rash at the ...

1 reply

what happened now with the heat rash of your baby? Avoid ointments or other lotions because they can irritate the skin.Keep the slee...

Jac*star*Zak

mucus and stringy blood in poo and pea sticking out of belly button

my new baby is formula feed and does a hard poo every second day usually. Today there was mucus a...

11 replies

Causes of Bloody Mucus in Stool and how to solve problems and disease prevention a Bloody Mucus in Stool. Signs of disease Bloody Mu...

Me+3littlies

Managing Laryngomalacia/Stridor

After almost 2 months of breathing issues, choking episodes & reflux-like symptoms my 10wk DD...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
jotti

taking baby's tempreture

Hi, Just wondering where the best place is to take a baby's tempreture?

8 replies

The Braun Thermoscan is definitely one of the best and a lot of nurses use it

does anyone have an omron ear thermometer??

I lost the manual and now cant work out how to use it. I remember the first time i tried it would...

2 replies

Hello, I do have one and I have to say I'm delighted with it... Other option could be Bremed http://www.medicalexpo.com/prod/b...

9wk Old b/fed baby girl Weighing 6.4kg - what does your baby weigh?

Hi, Just wondering what everyone elses baby weighs. My little girl has just turned 9 weeks old a...

30 replies

??Hi all, my healthy LO was born weighing 10lb 10oz, no complications natural birth, Ihave been joked at that he" came out with...

cammo17

drixine - anyone know about this please help

my baby is 17days old - has been in hospital for all but 4hrs..... she is on drixine cos her nos...

4 replies

havent used anything similar, Just throwing in my bit as you asked how long is too long? All I know is if you use decongestant nasal...

Bocconcini

Long time between bowel action

Hi my six week old baby girl is pooing only about once every four days, sometimes five. Her bowel...

4 replies

Thank you so much for your replies - there's lots of good advice in there and things for me to try - I really appreciate your h...

Is my baby big?

Hi girls, my little one is 6 weeks old and is bottle fed. He was weighed and measured today and h...

11 replies

My 6wk old is 7.1kgs & 60cm. He was 3wks early and weighed 4kgs 51cm at birth. The nurse thought I was over feeding, but hes bf ...

Mo0

dribbling newborn with red dry skin on cheeks???

so like the title says my 8wk old is dribbling lots, he also has reddish dry skin on his cheeks, ...

3 replies

I think if he is happy then yea nothing to worry about. Probs just a drool rash

<3Austin's Mummy<3

Newborn always turns head one way

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this. My 3 month old always turns his head to the right. When he...

12 replies

My son is 8 weeks old he has seen a physical therapist since birth he had a stroke at 28 week utero and his PT has been working on t...

anthea b

can newborns get dizzy?

my little one had his 6 week vaccinations yesterday, and he has been pretty good, just a little s...

1 reply

I thought it might have been that, but just seemed a little different

Harris Family

Allergy to Karicare starter formula

Hiya all! I was just wondering if anyone's baby has had an allergic reaction to the Karicare infa...

3 replies

Hi! My baby has exactly the same reaction as yours when using karicare. His face was all red and he's scratching every area he ...

new mum #no idea

Chiro or osteo for a colicky baby (and exhausted mum!)

Just wondering if anyone has taken their baby to a chiro or osteo to help relieve colic and reflu...

3 replies

Any luck finding one? Sorry i can't reccomend any. I tried every other thing out there for Colic except an Osteo though . A Go...

anthea b

Do they still circumcise these days? Lock

Do they still circumcise these days? I hadn't really thought about it, but was on one of the...

19 replies

Hahaha! I love that comment from just_dad!! I've never heard the phrase beef curtains!!!

1cookie2

lengthing breastfeeding time

i had a few issues with my now 3yr old son in the fact that i caould only breast feed for a month...

1 reply

Try expressing between feeds early on to build up your milk supply. my milk took ages to come in properly so the nurses at the hospi...

steph19

Just Gas? - UPDATED

My 3 week old tends to have a fussy period in the evening before bed which lasts about 4 hours. S...

5 replies

Cool hope it helps you. You need to be consistent with it to give it a good try. Fingers crossed x

3at33

Milk rash - anything to help?

My nearly 3 week old has little pimples on face started a few days ago and getting more each day....

3 replies

Thanks everyone. Wish there was something i could do cos they do look uncomfortable. Will try the breast milk. I already use a natur...

Aellis

dry scalp

My 10 week old has got a very dry scalp only recently but I am not to sure if it is cradle cap or...

5 replies

Hi there, My dd had a mild case of cradle cap and has recently had a little lately, both times I have used baby oil (just a really s...

Pen232008

3 week old son with colic from day 1 wont settle tried everything..

I was firstly breast feeding my son and after having a c section decided to change to formula nov...

2 replies

thank u for your reply.. talk about make a person stress nothing worse than hearing your child cry in pain =( going to the doctors t...

leg braces

Good luck...hope all goes well

2 replies

Good luck for today hun. One of my twins Miss L was diagnosed with hip displasia. She was diagnosed at 6 weeks of age, they think it...

Lxlak

Giving Water in hot weather to a 1month old

Hi Everyone, I am after some advice about giving my 1 month old son some water and I am adding so...

Alli-cat

How old...

does bub need to be before I can start using infacol, gripe water, or any of these wind/colic rel...

3 replies

We give our bubby gripe water from about 4 days old. it says newborn on the bottle and my midwife said its fine

An Angels Gift <3

Help - newborn with temperature

Hi, My LO is 2 weeks old and last night was boiling hot. I took his temp and it was 37.9. His fa...

13 replies

Glad he is doing better, it must be so hard watching him be unwell when he is soo little still. Glad he is on the mend, hopefully yo...

Skye_Simon

Infants Friend Dosage?

My lo is 3 weeks old. How many mls should he be getting before his feed?

Tbird007

CCAM - my baby needs an op

Hi My baby was born with CCAM (congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation) - a mass of abnormal t...

21 replies

Hi everyone, we are from Melbourne and our son was diagnosed recently at our 21 week scan, this is our 1st child. His CCAM is on the...

Jess Leonard (Army chick)

Cats and babies

Hi ladies I have two cats, they are going to my parents for four months after the little man is ...

6 replies

Behind a Smile wrote: If it was my other half I would be telling him to go do some reading and come back to meWith hard evidence. Pe...

Chase&Charlie'sMummy

Constipated or not?

Ds2 is 3 1/2 months old and is exclusively breastfed. He hasn't done a poo in 4or 5 day... My mum...

7 replies

I'm getting scared now! :S haha

Basera_Totakil7

Teething

My 5 month old son is already teething, and he is really struggling with it - he cries alot. any...

2 replies

thanks for that!

Constantly squirming with gas pains

is she breastfed or bottle fed?

4 replies

Sparky&Princess wrote: DD has been up for nearly 3 hours now. She's fed a few times and they were big feeds. She's been change...