Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health
  5. Whooping cough - freaking out

Whooping cough - freaking out Rss

I have a 3 week old newborn, a 20 month old nd 3 yr old. I have found out from daycare which the 2 eldest go to that there was someone there 3 weeks ago that had been diagnosed with whooping cough. I was stressed out when u found out but now I'm dreaming out. My middle child has started with flu like symptoms, a barky cough & high temp.

I'm seriously praying that this isn't the start of whooping cough, what happens now with our newborn. Do I take our middle son to the doctors to get him tested so they can get it early & hopefully get it early enough for antibiotic or do I just look like a crazy mum that's overreacting?

Has anyone had a newborn get whooping cough and will she recover
Firstly, congratulations on your new baby smile I was thinking the other day that you must be due soon!

I would probably take him to the doctors and mention your kids were around someone with whooping cough so you would like to make sure this isn't it.

Hope no one else catches it. Let us know how you get on smile

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Yes I had her the 8th of sep. She is such a little doll and a well behaved baby so far smile

I ended up taking him to the doctors today, they r saying he has mild case of pneumonia. So weird coz he really hasn't had a cold or anything lately to cause it. But I guess its good to hear it's not whooping cough. They said if he had whooping cough he wouldn't have the cold symptoms he has with fever, runny nose, etc which I found a little strange coz on the net they said that's how it starts??
We have an X-ray in Monday & follow up appointment on tues to see how the antibiotics are going.
Sign in to follow this topic