Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Your Newborn's Health

Your Newborn's Health

K_Gubb

Losec/colic/constipation

My 8 week old has just been put on losec (9 days ago) he doesn't seem to be much different, has s...

9 replies

On this page you can read my interests, write something special. Vertigo and Dizziness Program

KellieV

Laryngomalacia

I was told at DD's 6 week checkup (now 7 weeks) that she has laryngomalacia (underdeveloped laryn...

8 replies

Find the best essays on is my friend's profile page. convert bmp to jpg

jessica1983

Is is ok to take my 3 week old baby into a hospital with swin flu around?

Hi everyone my grandmother is in the brisbane mater hospital and not doing to good and might not ...

6 replies

This is exciting, nevertheless it is vital for you to visit this specific url: 10 Minute Awakening

lilpig01

Baby Acne

Hi I have a three week old boy (Caiden) I am breastfeeding and have been watching what I eat and...

7 replies

Take your eating regimen appropriately and abstain from utilizing the bites and another such sort of things to eat so as to keep up ...

Jhaine028

Blocked Nose

I have a 3 week old baby and these past few days he has blocked nose. Is this really normal due t...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
MGD627

My 8 week old has a condition known as Renal Tubular Acidosis......

I've done alot of research and liaise with paed doctors but wonder whether anyone has knowledge o...

2 replies

Hello I'm writing because I've been living with RENAL TUBULAR ACIDOSIS TYPE 1 all my life. You need a renal kidney special...

Amy123

Baby Powder??

Hi, I heard that using baby powder can cause cancer. What's the go should I use it or not?? Thanks

2 replies

No, I would not use talc-based powder, but there are talc-free powders and I use one by MADE OF. It is great and works just as well...

stace84

Baby Powder ????

I have read in books that you shouldnt use baby powder on new borns ,,,, My DD is 3 months old do...

20 replies

Talc-based powders are not a good choice from everything I have read. However, I found a great talc-free, organic powder by MADE OF...

Sistarva

wind/reflux infants friend

does anyone know if you can buy infants friend in nz??

LittleEmz

Smelly Infant Hands?

Wondering if anyone else's little ones have stinky hands? I wipe them down daily with baby w...

damara123

newborn pimples/ milk rash

Help! My 7 week old daughter is suffering from bad newborn acne. Her face/neck and head are cover...

12 replies

Yes this is true, but I am wondering if what her newborn is experiencing is baby acne. Melindastone13-546 wrote: Baby acne may be ...

Emleigh

FOOD INTOLERANCE OR COLIC? Help Please

I’m having issues with my 5 week old daughter. She seems to have constant wind pain and will bare...

J0c3y

BEST COLIC AND WIND TREATMENT

Hi All. I thought I would share some success ive had with a wind mixture I recently bought. My ba...

1 reply

Thanks for ur feedback! I just posted on here about issues I’m having with my 5wk old DD. She has extreme wind pain and can’t settle...

Emleigh

Allergies reflux and colic - is neocate the only relief?

Hi DD is 5 weeks old and has been diagnosed with reflux and cows milk/soy protein intolerance. S...

rhysladdi

nappy rash prevetion and treatment on newborns

im after a good way to prevent and treat nappy rash in newborn girls, is it ok to put baby powder...

8 replies

don't use talcum powder, it may irritates your baby's skin. Try a nappy rashes cream, it's best for your baby. But be...

Kreactiveanimation

stay fit and smart

Hello guys here are the few tips to shape your body. 1) Keep tabs on your development. At the...

smallpotatoes

Ear Buddies

has anyone ever heard of or used 'ear buddies' to correct baby's prominent or stick out ears?? wo...

9 replies

Hello guys My bub is almost 7 months old and I'm thinking about ordering ear buddies but am just worried it's too late for...

Kristy_182

Recommendation for Hypospadias Surgeons in Sydney???

Hello, our 5 week old son has Hypospadias. We live in Newcastle and I am looking to get a second ...

14 replies

Hi Ashah, Although we did a lot of research and were preferring to go to a doctor in Sydney but we went for another Doctor in India...

Mumufaray28

Introducing myself

Hello, I am new and I would like to know more about this forum and also I would like to make new ...

~Tarryn+K&T~

Any mums here with an iugr bub?? new bubs or older

Well my darling little girl was born at 35 weeks but due to iugr (intrauterine growth restriction...

22 replies

Novikovakat

Please recommend osteopath for babies Sydney!!!!!

Hi all Please recommend osteopath i can trust in Sydney for babies. My 3mo is not sleeping well....

Mama moo

Hypospadias

Hi, My two week old son was born with a hypospadias. I am not really worried yet, we see the pea...

264 replies

In the repair surgery they use the foreskin so it gets automatically circumcised

Kateee_eee

Hairy Testicles 3 months old

I am seeing my gp next week however wondering if anyone has expierenced this and what the outcome...

HuggiesModerator

Is your little one suffering from reflux?

https://www.huggies.com.au/baby-care/health/reflux

jenlu

Different colour eyes??

Hi Does anyones baby have (or did have) different colour eyes? My 3 month old has one blue eye w...

6 replies

Heterochromia... I read abou It... is often observed amongst cats, but seldom among people

bellagata

Hidden/Buried Penis

Our son was born with a congenital condition known as hidden penis also known as a buried or conc...

5 replies

Hi Bellagata and M4atty, Just wondering how your bubs are after the surgery for correcting a buried penis. My 7mo is due for surgery...

Bridgetbutterfly

How to clean my baby's ear

I've noticed a build up of ear wax in my bulbs ears lately and using baby cotton buds just p...

5 replies

Yes, Q-tips (the one those meant for babies) that have a big cotton ball and then just a tiny tip called a safety Q-tip. With this Q...

Bridgetbutterfly

Possible shingles contact HELP ASAP PLEASE

Today I received a call from my mum letting me know that she has shingles. As little as 5 days ag...

2 replies

A newborn or a person with a weakened immune system has the highest risk of catching the varicella-zoster virus from a person with s...

Ajilla

Birth by vacuum suctio

Dear mums, I had my son 2 days ago and he was delivered with vacuum suction. Since he was born, ...

3 replies

My son needed vacuum assistance (he was a big baby). He had a sore head with a big bump as well as a sore neck & shoulders (he w...

Whooping cough vaccine for family/close friends

I asked my mum and sister as I will be with them both a lot in first few weeks. They r happy to g...

14 replies

For everyone who was saying stop being a germaphobe, the person asking is specifically talking about Whooping Cough... the outcomes ...

SouthCoastChick

4 week old seems distressed while trying to poo and push wind out.. Help! Lock

My 4 week old seems very distressed while trying to poo and fart, I hate seeing him in pain, I&#x...

10 replies

Are you sure he doesn't have cramps? Try warming his tummy and see if that helps.

SouthCoastChick

Desperately need advice.. 6 week old extremely upset after his first immunisations.

My boy is usually the happiest lil boy, he had his 6 week jabs today and he is in terrible pain (...

3 replies

Thanks for your replies, he was very upset most of the night last night even with regular Panadol but today he seems a lot happier, ...

Ledimallare

Reflux and ostheopathic treatment

Has anyone here tried ostheopathic treatment for their babies with reflux? I have a 6week old dau...

4 replies

Hi, sorry about the late reply. We have just gone through 4 months of reflux (my only baby with reflux) and Chiropractic care was am...

Binkyz_23

Osteopath in wellington/lower hutt

hi, can anyone recommend a good osteopath in the wellington/lower hutt area? my 9 week old has ...

BernieBaini

Jaundice - newborn, breastmilk or blood group incompatibility?

Hi mums, I'm a first time mum & would love some advice about jaundice? My son is now 8 d...

3 replies

Thanks ddon and love_my_munchkin. Im releived the midwives think its not blood incompatibility. They said if that was the case he w...

An Angels Gift <3

Whooping cough - freaking out

I have a 3 week old newborn, a 20 month old nd 3 yr old. I have found out from daycare which the ...

2 replies

Yes I had her the 8th of sep. She is such a little doll and a well behaved baby so far I ended up taking him to the doctors today,...

acruz

Tongue Tie

Has anyone had a baby with tongue tie? If so what did you do? Did you find it hard to breastfeed?...

26 replies

5 of my children have had this and i decided to leave it. all were breastfed tilat least 9 months and no out of the ordinary speech ...

Millie_Reilly

iPhones and iPads

I am 33 weeks pregnant, and I use my iPhone and ipad very regularly. And I've just noticed t...

1 reply

No because the wireless is all around the room. My husband is an electrician and people ask him this all the time. If and only if wi...

Zinkles

NZ mums - a little help

DD has a rash that has spread all over her face and head. I saw my midwife yesterday who said it ...

5 replies

I've only ever just filled out their details the first time I went with them and gone from there. So while waiting to see the d...

casley931

Craniosynostosis. Can anyone help me?

Hi. My newborn son has been diagnosed with craniosynostosis (or fused skull bones). I'm begging...

3 replies

Hi, I was wondering how you got on? My wee boy was diagnosed at birth with sagittal, he is 4 weeks now and we are facing surgery in ...