Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Anyone else have insomnia or sleep issues. Lock Rss

Hi,
I was diagnosed with PND 2 weeks ago...my 3rd child was born 6 weeks ago and I am having a real hard time.
She's a great baby, and sleep well. The past 2 weeks I have been on Zoloft for the OND and have been taking Oxazepam to help me sleep.
The Oxazepam helps to get me to sleep and I get a few good hours in some nights before I constantly wake, and sometimes I lie awake for hours. When I do return to sleep it's only Light REM sleep and not the deep sleep that I need. So by lunchtime I'm a mess and I try to have a sleep when the kids nap but just can't seem to sleep.

Anyone have the same issues, or know what I can do??
Thanks Mel.

Mel, SA, Jayden 10/02, Harley 08/04, Zoe 09/06

Hi Mel i too suffered PND last yr with my first baby girl. I had huge problems with my sleep for the first 4 to 5 weeks i only had total a days sleep alltogether i was totally out of it and terribly anxious, i could barely function let alone look after a newborn (thanks god for my mum and dh) I even got to the point wheer i was afraid to fall asleep cos i hadnt for so long ... i know sounds weird huh!
Anyway i was on Zoloft which took a good couple of months to begin working for me but i also was on a homeopathic remedy which i belive is what eventually got me sleeping properly.
Maybe you should try one of these remedies too..... i dont know what that other medicine is ive never taken it although many years ago i had taken Tomazopam (a safe non addictive sleeping pill) but not ongoing it helped then.
I hope that you are ok do you have a partner or hubby?
take care and feel free to chat whenever

Tania, Sydney, 22 mth baby girl

Sign in to follow this topic