Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

PCOS Lock Rss

Hey everyone! I hope that you all are doing great. I'm here to ask some questions about PCOS. My sister just got diagnosed with this. I'm so worried about her. The doctor says that, if not treated, it can even cause problems with her fertility. I've heard people doing surgeries to treat this. But many of them have told us not to go for it. I'm really confused that what should I do to help her out. She's really worried and depressed. She feels ashamed for this, like it's her fault. I don't even know why. She was also ttc. But now her doc says that maybe she won't be able to do it. So what actually is PCOS? I want to know about the causes and treatment. Anyone of you with some similar cases? It would be great if you guys help in this regard. Looking forward to some good positive replies. Thank-you!
I am sorry for your sister loss. I don't know much about PCOS. But i am sure this can be treated. Consult your doctor on regular basis. Just take care of her, this can cause infertility problems in future. Ask her to keep trying. I am facing infertility issues. I am trying to conceive for almost 7 years and yet not conceived. So the point is to never loose hope. Just be with her and support her, Tell her there is nothing to feel ashamed of because it's part of life. And it's natural.
Hey there. I am good. I hope you're doing good as well. It must have been a very difficult time for you and your sister.PCOS basically disturbs your hormones level might lead to fluctuations in ones FSH and AMH levels. Your menstrual cycle also gets disturbed. However, tell her to not lose hope. Women with PCOS have a lot of treatments and options available to get pregnant and have a healthy baby. Also, the doctor is right she should get herself treated quickly if she wants to be fertile by the time she TTC. You may also let her know that due to technological improvements you could also go for IVF IUI and surrogacy to conceive. Research on these treatments. Discuss with your doctor. I hope she recovers quickly. All my prayers are with her. Best of luck and hoping for the best.
Hey there. I hope that you're doing good. I'm really sorry about your sister's PCOS. It is actually polycystic ovarian syndrome. Ovaries develop cysts in this condition. In such condition pregnancy, chances are decreased. They may even lead to infertility. Causes are the mainly unhealthy environment and lifestyles. If It's light then medications and a healthy diet can treat it. Otherwise, your sister should def go for a surgery. After it's removal, pregnancy usually happens after some time. So tell your sister not to take much stress. Try keeping herself busy. It would be good for her. Take care. Best of luck to your sis. Much love.
Hey. I wouldn't suggest her to go for any kind of surgery either. A lot of people live with PCOS. It might make one infertile, but in some cases, they still can get pregnant. PCOS is a hormonal disorder. A woman who has this disorder might experience the following symptoms; she might get irregular periods or no periods at all. some women gain weight with this. Skin breakouts are also normal in this disorder. This disorder is usually caused due to heredity. Doctors usually prescribe medicines that encourage ovulation in such women. One can suppress its effects by eating healthy and staying fit with exercise. Hope this comment was helpful for you. Be there for your sister. This is a common disorder and it could happen to anyone. I hope she feels better.
Hey there! Hmm.. PCOS interferes with your chances of getting pregnant for sure. But there are treatments. PCOS has various symptoms and there are many medicines to treat all of them. Although low, there is still a chance of getting pregnant naturally. I know this because my sister went through the same. So, I know what you mean. Don't worry. Give her some hope and help her look for some solutions.
Hi, I hope you and your sister are doing good. Really sorry to hear about her problem. She must have been going through a lot. I would suggest to keep visiting the doctor on a regular basis. In Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) women usually produce more male hormones than normal. This condition imbalances the menstrual cycle. It makes it very hard to get pregnant. androgen and estrogenic hormones are produced in excessive amounts. There might not be a cure for it now but you can reduce it. The doctor can prescribe medicine to control breakouts, disturbed period cycles etc. A lot of care is required for it. There are many other ways of having a child surrogacy is on of them. You and your sister should research for it. Your sister should also consult her doctor about it. I hope this helps. Good Luck
I don't think surgery is a good idea here dear. PCOS, to my knowledge, is treated well with medications only. So you should not go for surgery. Consult some doctors. Get a second opinion. I am sure your sister will find a better way. Good luck dear. Much love.
I am sorry for your sister loss. I don't know much about PCOS. But i am sure this can be treated. Consult your doctor on regular basis. Just take care of her, this can cause infertility problems in future. Ask her to keep trying. I am facing infertility issues. I am trying to conceive for almost 7 years and yet not conceived. So the point is to never loose hope. Just be with her and support her, Tell her there is nothing to feel ashamed of because it's part of life. And it's natural.
Sign in to follow this topic