Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Blended Families
  5. Advice Needed Re Child Support Agency

Advice Needed Re Child Support Agency Rss

Hi sorry i can't really help only empathize as the same is happening with us. Maybe if you went in and booked an apointment to speak to them rather than over the phone. It should be more informative that way instead of speaking to a lot of different people.
Sorry I can't help either but also empathise with you... The whole Child Support system is so unfair and I believe does not take into account blended families. It needs an overhaul! I often wonder who I need to write to try to change legislation about it... With agencies like that it is a matter of keep ringing til you find someone to help you.. We have always found when my husband calls, noone wants to help him..
Unfortunately the news is not good. You will find that the CSA has a culture of 'interpreting' their legistlation to suit themselves. It is rare to find two CSA Officers that will give you the same information.

They also have a tendency to favour the payee when it comes to decisions. We are a blended family and there has never been any consideration of my children when it comes to assessing income, outgoings etc.

Changing the legislation is an uphill battle. We have asked for one on one appointments which have been refused. We have written to the Prime Minister and the Minister to no avail. They just pass the letters back to the CSA for response by senior executives who have no first hand knowledge of your specific case and don't like admitting when the CSA has made a mistake.

Don't want to freak you out, however my partners youngest is now 19 and they are still harrassing us with unsubstantiated claims of money owing from 13 years ago which they apparently have only just reconciled!! So far we have been able to prove them wrong to the tune of almost $13,000.

Good luck.
Unfortunately the news is not good. You will find that the CSA has a culture of 'interpreting' their legistlation to suit themselves. It is rare to find two CSA Officers that will give you the same information.

They also have a tendency to favour the payee when it comes to decisions. We are a blended family and there has never been any consideration of my children when it comes to assessing income, outgoings etc.

Changing the legislation is an uphill battle. We have asked for one on one appointments which have been refused. We have written to the Prime Minister and the Minister to no avail. They just pass the letters back to the CSA for response by senior executives who have no first hand knowledge of your specific case and don't like admitting when the CSA has made a mistake.

Don't want to freak you out, however my partners youngest is now 19 and they are still harrassing us with unsubstantiated claims of money owing from 13 years ago which they apparently have only just reconciled!! So far we have been able to prove them wrong to the tune of almost $13,000.

Good luck.
Sign in to follow this topic