Huggies Forum

Blended Families

Mel_P_85

Step Mother support group

Hi Everyone Are there any support groups for step-parents in Sydney? Or are there any step-pare...

26 replies

Ok. I will have to suss it out when I am home. Thank you for your help

Mel_P_85

Step Mother support group

Hi Everyone Are there any support groups for step-parents in Sydney? Or are there any step-pare...

10 replies

Hi, I'm a new step parent to a 6 year old girl. Is there anyone still looking for coffee catch ups every now and then? I'...

Nomes75

Ex wife problems

Hi there I'm new to this page and it's great to see a support network existing for St...

2 replies

Nomes75 we welcome you to this forum. Happy to see you over here. Best answers will guide you in the right direction. OH, that’s so ...

JR207

Stepdaughter issues. Please help!!

Hi there, I have a 9 yearold stepdaughter, a 2 yearold daughter & a baby. The issue I have is...

1 reply

Can I just reassure you that this is not a stepdaughter/ my children thing. This is typical 8/9 year old behaviour. I have one in th...

Mummyof2_1708

After some advice

Hi all, Just after some advice sorry it's long I have two kids, dd 11 ds 6. And my partne...

1 reply

Hi, thanks for sharing your story. Firstly, please don't think you're being silly or too sensitive. You always want the b...

coops26

stepmum to two teenagers mum to 1 of my own and wanting another one but hubby doesnt

hi there, not sure if this is the right place or not but thought i would start here. my husband a...

2 replies

thanks Leighanne911, i never actually thought about the fact that he may still be grieving, my god how selfish is that of me. thanks...

Mum6215

Meet Stepmums in Melbourne

Hi there, I'm 30 & stepmum to a 7yrold girl. I'm married to her father & we ha...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Fancypawsragdolls

Blended family PLUS 1

Hi Everyone, Iam curious to hear from Mummies of Blended families. My partner and I have been tog...

4 replies

Congratulations. My Step sons aged 12 15 and 16 love their baby sister, she's 8months old oh and she loves her brothers very m...

Marie_k

Is it too soon?

Hello, my ex and I separated mid November after 8 years and it was quite a messy end.. He has no...

1 reply

I don't think you have any reason to panic. Although I completely understand that it may not feel comfortable for you right now...

Alexandramaryharvey

Mother-in-law living with us....help!

Hi there, really needing to get some advice. My partners mother and her husband have retired and ...

Rhiann0n19

Please help need advice!

Hey everyone, Sorry if i haven't posted this in the right section was not sure where to put ...

5 replies

Thank you all so much!

Fish_1986

Stuck in a Hard Place-Help!

A little background first. I have a 7 year old daughter, my partner has a 6 year old daughter, we...

4 replies

We currently have her only for a few hours at a time when her father is home and he is in charge of monitoring her closely as I have...

Stephanie_Hauser15

Soon to be new mum AND full time step mother.. HELP!!

My partner and I have been together for 3 years. I am 21 and my partner is 28. My partners son is...

1 reply

He had been through too much this is to be expected. I would advice that your ss to get help from a councillor. When he is behaving ...

am i being unfair

Has he been diagnosed with any developmental delays? Did this behaviour start before you fell pre...

1 reply

I flatted with a mate whos daughter was 8, she couldnt tell the time, tie her laces and ate with her fingers. Her mum had 3 other ki...

Button23

Help! Living with my partner and his mother

Hi all I need some advice on a situation. My partner and I have a beautiful little girl togethe...

2 replies

I'm not in the same sop but similar. My partner works away three weeks and then back for one, we have his daughter for that wee...

Mumsboy08

Please help me!

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and have a son that is 6 DH doesn't have any other children and...

Crazy_Baby

Is it too late to introduce a teenage step-sibling to our young family?

Seems like a strange questions, huh? My DP has been estranged from his family & now teenage s...

2 replies

Thanks Ladies! Appreciate your comments. I just want to clarify that it's not about me not wanting to welcome him, he was defin...

mum ma

Saying Dad

Hope this falls into the right place.... I have a four year old from a past relationship, am now ...

3 replies

DD1 went through a phase where she'd call DH by his first name. For her it was because that's what she heard me saying mo...

:( left out SD3's name

It is sad if she thought she shouldn't put her name on there and thinks she shouldn't t...

1 reply

PS. You confuse me with new names & profile pics!

stepmumof2

Step Mum's and Step Dad's (sydney)

Hi everyone, I am posting to reach out to step mums mainly, as I am finding it very difficult to...

Mummyofbeautifulboy

Step children trouble !!!!!!

HappyHead wrote: Its a tough situation, both for you, your partner... but most of all his 7 year ...

4 replies

It's up to ur man to start disciplining him Properly while he's in his care at the moment all he's doing is called gu...

stepmum

Differences in parenting opnions

Hi, Been thinking on this as it drives me crazy at times and I want to know does anyone else hav...

8 replies

Having rules is not going to make you the bad guys, it is not a negative thing to have boundaries. In fact it makes kids feel more s...

Could be stressing over nothing..

If your DH's son is in the care of his grandparents is it through a private arrangement or are th...

1 reply

Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote: I can't offer any advice as I have never been in this situation just want to give you a GBH. smile Me to, bi...

How to handle partners x's

wow hun good on you for taking on another child while you have so much on your plate! cant say as...

JR207

support for stepmothers

im also a 26 year old stepmother, pregnant with my first. are you interested in keeping this post...

6 replies

gosh that sounds like our house hold to a T. ive tried explaining to my partner that letting her continue to behave like that will n...

Gift idea part 2 - for SD3 from DS

I always giggle at you calling bubs alien! Cute! Like the gift idea too. Maybe ds could paint them.

Kat + 3 Kittens

When is it OK?

This is probably going to be a long one, so you might wanna grab a coffee and get comfy... It's ...

5 replies

Just a little thought I wanted share. I think you get away with a few home truths far more now, when you are heavily pregnant and fu...

SSFE0E

Dont think i can do this anymore :(

ok so mainly venting but ive been with my partner 2 1/2 years he has his kids 24 / 7 (no mother c...

8 replies

Hi, I so know your problem, I have been going through the same thing with my stepson for the last 7 1/2 years. I seen my doc and sh...

Clin

Help with Easter and stepson with ADHA please.

Hi all, I know I've left it very late for easter but was wondering if anyone can help at all. I...

1 reply

Normal chocolate does not necessarciraly (sp?? sorry its late for me) have an advert affect on children with ADHD, however some tim...

Boggaduck

having trouble coping HELP!!!!

Im mainly deventing so here goes i have been with my new partner now just on 11 months and am at ...

1 reply

Thanx for the support it means a lot it was the hardest thing i have ever done but did the right thing for the kids and myself it wa...

Simone24

Changing a child's surname SA

Hi everyone.. So it has always been on the cards for DH and I to change DS's name "officially" ...

1 reply

Hi Simone24, I have just Changed my DS surname through the courts. I contacted Births , Deaths and Marriages in Adelaide got all th...

mummee24

Step Parent Support 'Group' North Shore, Auckland

I would like to meet other step mums on the North Shore who find it hard work and would like to g...

1 reply

Hi mummee24 I just came across your post - did you get any responses? I'm a step mother to an 18 year old and am struggling ! Wou...

*Tiggy*

Blended families is SOOOO hard!

I am not going to ramble on at all I just need some advice... DP is going through hell trying to...

3 replies

Thanks Girls... Yes he has a solicitor and like it said its dragging and just so draining both emotionally and financially. As for ...

lulu13

Stepdaughter

Hi There I need some advice on my 8 1/2 year old stepdaughter for my sake and her dads my hubby....

5 replies

Yes possibly the news of a new arrival is affecting her more than we know. She already has some issues that she shouldn't have to de...

Complicated Living Situation

Me and my 2 year old son are living with my partner and his parents (he is not the father of my s...

6 replies

At first i thought it was amazing bcoz i didnt grow up with a very good family so moving into a family where both parents are still ...

Taylor8

Relocating state with step child

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has relocated states with a step child. My partner is currently in ...

SSFE0E

jelousy....

help ... my partner gets jelous of my kids(5 & 8) going to there dads or nannys and when they tak...

2 replies

I also have a step daughter who's mother does see her but is always breaking her promises (and court orders) and just really doesn't...

Sarah_Ashton

Xmas presents?

Im not sure whether or not to buy my daughters half sister and young uncles presents for xmas. It...

1 reply

i say dont buy its the fathers job if he wants the kids to give each other gifts ... maybe get her to write the kids a card ... draw...

scoobydoo296

Advice

Would like some advice no judging please as this is difficult for me. My husband & I are going o...

1 reply

I agree with the PP, is there any way she could watch your DS during the day for a few hours just to see how she copes? But in say...

DH's ex wants custody..

DH & I have known each other since high school. Before we became a couple he had been in a relati...

4 replies

I think if i were that kid i would prefer to stay with you. And thats my point the courts will ask her, shes old enough to be asked....