Huggies Forum

Do I need a Double Pram?? Rss

About to have another baby and have an active 2year old son... Do I need a double pram, already my son walks alot and doesn't love to be in the stroller, sometimes I do make him stay in the stroller when out shopping etc.

Am really wondering if it is worth buying a double pram and will I use the toddler seat enough?? Or should I just keep my original pram.

Am looking at a Classic Phil& Ted's pram with double kit.

Thanks
Hi I also thought I wouldnt get use out of a double pram I had a 21 month age gap. i had a ergo carrier and a single pram and i thought that would be fine-boy was i wrong!!! The toddler really needs to be restrained when out (IMO) because i got into trouble a few times when my dd did a runner and with a baby you are just not fast enough. I ended up buying a phil and teds and it was the best purchase! i also got a 'lead' you can get backpack style ones and that also comes in handy when my dd wants to walk and im pushing the pram.

Apologies for my replies, hope they make sense. I am usually typing one handed or interrupted halfway through wink

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm the same situation, bub on the way with an active two year old. But most of the double prams are too big for my car. It has a tiny boot, the groceries hardly fit in there. I think I'm either going to have to carry bub in a carrier or look for a small, single pram that either child can go in.

Unless others know of a good, lightweight, compact, double pram...

Hi I also thought I wouldnt get use out of a double pram I had a 21 month age gap. i had a ergo carrier and a single pram and i thought that would be fine-boy was i wrong!!! The toddler really needs to be restrained when out (IMO) because i got into trouble a few times when my dd did a runner and with a baby you are just not fast enough. I ended up buying a phil and teds and it was the best purchase! i also got a 'lead' you can get backpack style ones and that also comes in handy when my dd wants to walk and im pushing the pram.

Hmm, ok thanks heaps for that... I had thought of that cos when they run they can be so quick... I just didn't want to spend the money when I have a perfectly good pram already... But maybe you are right....

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm the same situation, bub on the way with an active two year old. But most of the double prams are too big for my car. It has a tiny boot, the groceries hardly fit in there. I think I'm either going to have to carry bub in a carrier or look for a small, single pram that either child can go in.

This is the one I have been looking at:
http://philandteds.com/products/push/classic#_accessorise
have you looked on ebay because you can get them sometimes quite cheap. i picked up mine for $350 including toddler attachment.
i would just sell your other pram and get a phil and teds. esp if you are planning on walking to loose the flab after bubs is born!!

Apologies for my replies, hope they make sense. I am usually typing one handed or interrupted halfway through wink

DS1 is 3 in July and I still use the toddler seat heaps. He walks sometimes now if I go shopping but when DS2 was born he was only just 2 and he would still take off on me also I walk alot for exercise so I wouldn't be without it.

have you looked on ebay because you can get them sometimes quite cheap. i picked up mine for $350 including toddler attachment.
i would just sell your other pram and get a phil and teds. esp if you are planning on walking to loose the flab after bubs is born!!

LOL! Sounds like the best idea...

What about a double stroller??dont know if they are good for newborns or not and i have never used a stroller so it might not work but maybe an option?

If i were you i would be getting a really good comfy sling and using your pram and getting a 'lead' (doenst a lead just sound like some kind of torture device!!)

Toys R us sell really cute backpack leads-really handy and my DD knows now that she goes no where without 'giraffee' (the backpack is a giraffe)

I wanted to get a strider plus this time.
DS2 is a nightmare to take shopping always running off etc, so i'm getting my old pram off a friend. I had a standard tandem pram with DS1 and DS2. DH wouldnt let me pay over $400 for a pram lol
I am not buying a double pram, DS will be about 2 when bub is born, for months now I have been working on him walking with me, even when I have full arms and he is pretty good. ATM he is learning to climb into the car himself (we have a 4wd so its not an easy thing for him). I will always have a sling for bub with me, so if DS is getting to tired to walk, or is just being naughty, he can go in the pram and I can carry bub

DS2 will be 2 yrs and 3 months old when DS3 is born in 3 weeks time, I have a steelcraft duo twin stroller, its a side by side one, I will use this when im out and about with both of them, it can be used from birth.

I also have just bought a backpack harness to use for DS2, hes only worn it once but id like to use it more before bub comes so he gets used to it. DS2 is also a 'runner' so I dont want to have to chase him while pushing the new bub in the pram, so I'll either use the twin stroller or have the harness on him if we are just popping in the shop and he doesnt have to walk far.

Sign in to follow this topic