Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Families With Special Needs Children (inc learning difficulties, disabilities etc)

Families With Special Needs Children (inc learning difficulties, disabilities etc)

*Fruchoc*

Any Mum's with Downs Syndrome children?

i have no advice but was wondering if they had the NT scan? i wish them all the best with thier ...

8 replies

Hi, My name is Shona I havent been on huggies site for quite a while now so have only just found your post. My little girl Ashlee is...

kimmy 81

Primary Ciliary dyskensia

Just wondering if any other parents have a child diagnosed with PCD or immotile cilia. My son 20m...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
kiwigal01

Does anyone know much about carn-aware supplements

www.carn-aware.com I am hoping someone will know much about them and where it is made.

mumof4boys1girl

Hirschsprung's Disease

I had a perfect pregnancy and was induced at 39 weeks on the 4th July with my twin boys, Joseph a...

9 replies

Thanks MummyChef My 6 week old DD has been diagnosed with an anal stenosis (narrowing of the anal canal) and is being tested for Hi...

Plastering

Hey there, my friends little one who's nearly 5 has Spastic Displegia CP and her legs are affecte...

2 replies

Hi, how are things going? Congrats that she was standing on her own. I live in Victoria and we take our son to Monash Medical Centre...

2 Beautiful Girls!

Toilet timing and training for Austism...

Hi everyone, I have just been told the day before yesterday that my gorgeous little girl could be...

1 reply

Hey There, Have PM'd you Jx

KellynDarcy

Renal Failure

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has a bub born with renal failure. Our lil man ha...

vanessa2

Can anyone help if this has happened to them

Hi i have a 35 month old boy he goes to speech therapy as he gets to excited when he talks and ru...

3 replies

Hi there, My son was born with a severe tongue tie. I was always concerned about this as being a teacher, I am well aware of the ch...

ME6C6

my child has full thickness burns to both palms and some fingers/thumbs and I need to talk

My girl has just turned 1, and we are in the 7th week from her horrific accident that Im still st...

2 replies

Oh gosh,everyday must be a nightmare/frustration for you. So is he a little underweight? My mum had troubles with my brother-he was ...

Jilly

Glutan and Casein Free Diet

My DD is in the middle of assessments with Speech therapy and a developmental ped to try and com...

15 replies

My 5 and a half year old son has mild ASD and on a gluten free diet well 80% off the time.His nana was making him gluten free bread ...

*Strawberry*

FREE movie event for children with special needs (SA only)

Hi all, I work for Arthritis SA and I run a project called "KIDSFLIX". Kidsflix is a FREE char...

2Princesses&2Princes

Trying to find...

A dash walker (small) and/or a small standing frame. My DD has global development delay and the...

3 replies

No problem, let me know how you get on. haha i got invited to that also, the one in bris. im not going though. goodluck, hope somet...

belle2boys1girl

centrelink

I was just wondering if anyone has been succesful in applying for the carer adjustment payment. ...

10 replies

Hi All, Just thought id let you know, i was just granted the carers payment, yey, finally!! we got a secondary diagnosis of severe a...

Moniquesmum

Epilepsy

Hi Girls, Was wondering if there are any other mums out there who have children with Epilepsy tha...

18 replies

Bump

*Yummy-Mummy-3*

Single Umbilical Artery

A normal umbilical cord consists of one umbilical vein, which later becomes the ligamentum teres,...

11 replies

Hello sue, When bubs was born there was no problems relating to the SUA. He did have the cord wrapped around his lil neck tho.

mrs prissy

developmental delay

when my younest son was 9 mths old we become concerned as he was not rolling siting up or clawlin...

33 replies

hey louise, that sux that they wont do another MRI for you, things change, and something important may show up now. I have a friend ...

Amber-87

How did you feel???

As of yesterday my beautiful little girl was diagnosed with special needs. She's so adorable and ...

6 replies

Anytime Amber, im glad to be able to talk to someone who shares my feelings also, i think alot of people pretend not too, or feel t...

**pink~elephants**

hirschprung's disease

just wondering if there is any one else out there whos child has this? History and Description ...

1 reply

Hi Tanya. One of my 9 week old boy twins has HD. He too had pull thru and had 10cm removed. He has only JUST started pooing on his o...

Deonne

Autistic children and toliet training

Hi ladies, I have a 2 1/2 year old that i am now looking at toliet training and am not sure what ...

ECHOLALIA

Does any body's child suffer from this? I just have a few questions for you.

anakurtmac

Another boy,one already with autism.

Hi,just wondering if anyone has any advice ,I am 29 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child,2nd boy. Ou...

4 replies

I too am 30 weeks,and we know this one is a boy.really woried about that(9 out of 10 people that have autism are male. My son is als...

snuffy

ADHD help & advice please, im so beyond stress'd

hey guys, my son is 3 in 2 weeks and from the day he has been born has been crying screaming and ...

13 replies

ohh i forgot to add that liam,s the same with his siblings tries to hurt them or get them in trouble all the time and has done since...

Jilly

Diagnosis of Autism

Just wondering how long did it take to have your child diagnosed and how old were they? Also do y...

16 replies

Hi Jilly I just wanted to say that you can get a diagnosis of autism around 2. My son was diagnosed when he had just turned 2 (and ...

monkeyandme

Cystic Fibrosis

Hi I posted this in a different section and later found this spot. Last Thursday we were told th...

4 replies

Hi Amy Im so glad that i found someone else going through the same thing as us.We have no family or freinds with CF and the people ...

mumma08

ADHD

hi, my daugter age four just got dignosed with ADHA, i have tryed everything before i got to the ...

2 replies

im from melbourne , and you?

MummyChef

Multiple Issues. UPDATE!

Hi everyone! My middle DD is a "Heartkid" meaning she was born with Congenital Heart Disease. She...

18 replies

Hi Freckles! Thanks for the message, it's funny how excited you get over the tiniest things. (Well, that's because for our kids it i...

Amber-87

decided to take out the post [Edited on 24/07/2008]

N 06 * I 09

Language Delay - what can I do?

I am wondering what home exercises I can do with Noah, he has a slight language delay, by that I ...

45 replies

Hi My DD2 is very delayed in her speech. she has had 2 lots of surgery on her heart so she is delayed in most things. Her speech is ...

aliceespo

Hirschsprung's Disease

Hi Kristin, Our daughter has hirschprung's disease. She is now 5 months and had 10cms removed at...

Juddsmum

Oprah - autism - scary stuff

Anyone else got Oprah on? It's about Autism. It's very scary to see that there were healthy 2yr ...

49 replies

JHsmum. Its not that i expect so little of my son, far from it, and re-reading over my post i have no clue where you got the idea t...

Kids with Speech Disabilities.

Hi All, My 5yo son has a severe speech and language diability. While he has improved greatly he ...

18 replies

hi thank you moo and bubbles mummy i will go see my peaditration on monday and see what he thinks and mean while i will take notes o...

my-2-princess''''s

does anyone know?

At my DD's special needs group last week one of the workers there said that when you are on carer...

12 replies

We have some links here as well which you might find helpful - Government Departments Cheers [Edited on 11/06/2008]

Anyone with a CP child

That has had the operation for Spastic Displegia to have the nerve in their lower back split whic...

6 replies

My nephew ( he is almost 9) has CP but his op was to cut the achilles and the hamstring. He has had that twice and then followed by ...

snuffy

oppostional defiant disorder (ODD) anyone?

anyones child have this? my almost 3 year old has it and im really struggling with it, i need som...

4 replies

ODD may occur with other psychiatric conditions, such as anxiety, mood disorders (e.g., depression or bi-polar) or attention deficit...

Families with a child that has CP

Just thought I would start a thread for us families that have a child with CP. Somewhere where we...

4 replies

my sister has a son with cp and is blind in one eye.He is doing good and go's to school.She also an older dd that was a prem too and...

my-2-princess''''s

neurologist?

Hi there everyone! Well as some of you may know Tash has GDD. A few weeks ago we went and saw o...

1 reply

Hi there, I'm not quite sure what the difference is between an MRI & a CT scan, but my little girl had an MRI when she was 2 days o...

Deonne

autistic expo (St Marys Band Club)

Hi everyone I know that this month is all about Autism, However I know that for people who live i...

Thomas the Tank Engine and Children with Autism

check this out - I had read this research a while ago, and it is very interesting

7 replies

A Friend Like Henry is a true story written by the mother of 2 children with Autism. Her son was diagnosed and then they got a dog, ...

angela1968

hydrocephalus

Hi. Would love to talk to anyone with a child suffering hydrocephalus. My son is now 15 months an...

sarah_71

Tube Feeding?

Hi, Just wondering if anyone else out there has a child with an NG tube of PEG/Button. My son 5y...

17 replies

Hi Cheryl, Public hospital a shambles, never heard of such a thing The waiting time is a nightmare, but we have gotten used to it....