Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Families With Special Needs Children (inc learning difficulties, disabilities etc)

Families With Special Needs Children (inc learning difficulties, disabilities etc)

Mumy-bear

ADHD

What are the early signs of ADHD? And from what age can you expect to see these signs? Thanks

13 replies

my mum has ADHD, she was only dignosed at 40!!!! while she was kid, her parents just thought she was a brat. I've heard a bit o...

Teresap001

Feeling a bit sad over DS1

DS1 started school last year (kindy in NSW). Straight away we were told by his teachers that he w...

17 replies

Oh, and we have a new bub, 8 week old boy that we are watching closely for any issues. So far so good. He seems to be meeting all av...

tara124

Epilepsy in Babies and Young Children

Please visit Epilepsy in Babies (New Zealand) Facebook page.

New no replies Be the first to reply »

Any parents of children with epilepsy, or other causes of seizures?

Hello, I am new to this forum and have joined in search of shared experiences. I have a wonderfu...

3 replies

Hi there My daughter is now 8 months old and has been diagnosed with epilepsy. She had her first seizure (or the first noticable one...

Ebby2

Finally a diagnosis now what?

Hi there well its been a long road for us and we finally have a diagnosis for our 6 year old turn...

3 replies

If you don't mind me asking, how did they diagnose that? Is it a blood test? Our two year old has Developmental Delay, but no diagno...

binker

Parents of School Aged Kids with Additional Needs, Illawarra

Hi. I'm Jane and I'm a parent of kids with additional needs who are attending school in the NSW p...

stephblakeandtrin

Anyone have info on FEVR

I am looking for any advice on Familial Exudative Vitreo-retinopathy and what it means for my bab...

pixieinoz

ADHD children

hi i was wondering if there was any mums on here that kids hav ADHD,ADD,ODD etc my DS11 has it an...

137 replies

hi my son has just been diagnoised with ADHD and i am after any and all info and expirences anyone can share with me. jackson is 6 t...

mummy2 boys

ADHD

hi my son has just been diagnoised with ADHD and i am after any and all info and expirences anyon...

Creative_Ness

Anyone with children who suffer

Just wondering if your children display violent or angry outbursts and how do you deal with them?...

9 replies

OMG thank you all soo much ? I did write out a HUGE reply last night but of course it was midnight and the forum went down like usu...

Anyone with a child in a wheelchair??

Hi My step-son is 11 and is in a wheelchair... Our family is growing and we need to get a bigg...

4 replies

My son has a wheelchair but sorry I cant help you. We have a suburu but we only have 3 kids and the wheelchair (pediatric wheelchair...

faithbaby

Aspergers and toitet training HELP!

Hi, Our nearly 3 yr old DS is currently going through the diagnosis treadmill for ASD - aspergers...

2 replies

Thanks so much for the reply. There seems to be so many topic views but only one reply. Just using the toilet might be a good idea....

Mommabear2

Special Needs family needs your vote today! We could win a kitchen which we DESPERATELY need!

Hi.We are a struggling family with 4 kids and a 3 year old who has special needs and on-going med...

2 replies

Hi.We are a struggling family with 4 kids and a 3 year old who has special needs and on-going medical issues (open heart surgery, c...

Kiwikylie79

How to night time train

HI all I have a 8 yr old autistic son and I can not seem to get him to get out of nappies of a ni...

Jilly

Autism

Just wondering how everyone is going if they have an ASD child??? Thought maybe we could chat in ...

18 replies

Hello ladies My niece is 7 years old and ASD. She's pretty highly functioning, although diagnosed as severe. You can really tell wh...

MR52C4

Developmental Assessment

Hi there. I have noticed that my dd, now 3.5 has always been "different" to other kids as i use ...

3 replies

Hi, My son has a similar sounding set of "complaints" (for lack of anything else to call them). He will be 4 in November. I was re...

Autism in our 15 month old DS

Hi, Just wondering whats the youngest age they can tell if your child has Autism?? Our son is 14...

16 replies

My son was diagnosed with it when he was 22 months old he is 7 and a half. He could have been diagnosed a lot earlier. He does have...

mummy 2 4+1

Strattera

Hi all, My sons has been changed to Strattera today, He wont start taking it until I have read e...

MR52C4

ASD/Anxiety

Hi there We are going through the process of getting an ASD diagnosis for our dd (41/2) the whole...

6 replies

Hi Chelles Thanks for your reply. Its great you have a diagnosis from your psychologist. Unfortunately in Qld we can only have a pa...

shellyrei

Asperger's Syndrome

Hi Shellyrei I don't know alot about this - but my sisters little girl seems to have this too. ...

10 replies

Hi, My 3 year old son has just been diognosed with Aspergers. he is seeing a clinical psychologist and now has to start seeing a pae...

mummy 2 4+1

Child constantly bullied! Ive had ENOUGH!

My son has ADHD and is currently being poked, prodded and tested for his fine motor problems (he ...

5 replies

Thanks for your replies, I have decided that I am going to the school tomorrow and if they cant give me a good result then I am goin...

sweetcady

Cerebral Palsy Awareness Week 1-7 August

This week, 1-7 August, is Cerebral Palsy Awareness Week. To recognise the week Novita Childrens S...

1 reply

Thats my boy

amy2120

Trying for 2nd child when first has special needs?

Hi There, I just found this section of the forum, it's just what I was looking for! I have a 19...

6 replies

Hi There, I just found this section of the forum, it's just what I was looking for! I have a 19 month old son who has seizures an...

sarah79

Autism?

This post is for people who know of a child with autism. My child as a speech delay. At the spe...

29 replies

It wasn't until after this visit that I started watching my son closely and noticed some of his behaviors weren’t normal. If he line...

duffym

Hip Dysplasia - procedures?

Hi- I have two girls (2 Years and 6 weeks) and both have hip dysplasia (shallow sockets, both hip...

4 replies

Hi there, I read with interest about your children with the hip displasia. I myself was born with it in both hips which wasn't pick...

Aspergers or mild autism

HI guys, just wondering if anyone has dealt with their child being diagnosed with Aspergers or mi...

5 replies

Hi everyone, I'm a single parent & my 5 year old daughter has PDD, which she was diagnosed with at age 3. She goes to preschool 3 d...

B Ucky& Iza

autism and younger siblings

Hi all, i have just been told my oldest DS (nearly 5) has a form of autism spectrum disorder! Wa...

5 replies

I'm glad its "normal" for that sort of thing, although it can become very annoying, I guess it's not such a bad thing. Both DD's ha...

What does an eeg involve?

Hi there, My 3 yr old son seems to have a few problems. We never thought he did until recently -...

1 reply

Hello, my son of the same age had an EEG about a week ago. The most difficult thing was keeping him awake for as long as he needed ...

miniam

Anybody using PECS?

My DS1 is non-verbal and learning to use PECS to communicate. He's doing really well. Does anyone...

6 replies

Yeah they seem to just get it.My DS took to it instantly and yeah it did help with the tantrums. We used it for simple requests that...

MR52C4

ASD assessment - whats involved??

We are having an ASD assessment done for dd1 on monday. Just wondering if anyone else has had th...

3 replies

Its nice to read all about this topic from you 2 girls. Since my little man was 2 i've thought something wasnt quite right.. just t...

locbarb

super long segment hirschsprungs disease

Hi my name is barb. My baby is now two and a half years old and was diagnosed with super long hd ...

1 reply

Hi Im so sorry to hear of your daughters journey with HD, it is a horrible disease that so many people know so little about. My da...

miniam

New diagnosis of Autism

I'm new to this side of parenting. I got told today that my beautiful, perfect son is Autistic. E...

5 replies

I was told a fortnight ago by a paediatrician that my son isdefinately on the spectrum she has sent us to get the assessments done b...

Mamfa

Primary immune deficiancy

Just wondering if any other kids(or adults) have this? My DS has IgA deficiancy. This means that...

2 replies

Hi Chris Its been a while since i posted that. We have had a full work up of Ry's Blood and he has low IgA and non existant IgG4. N...

Anyones child had botox?

Hi. My friends son has botox every 6mths. He has cerebal palsy (spastic diplegia). He is 5 and it...

4 replies

hi there, DD doing ok. botox definately wearing off now. she starting to trip over alot & hand starting to tighten up again too. we...

kylie_24

Whats your opinion?

Hi, I have a 3 and a half yr old son who i just love to bits but sometimes just gets too much. T...

6 replies

Hi Yes sounds like our Son - he has just had his "official Assessement" to which he is autistic. His is all in his communication/Sp...

Natbenjamin

any single parents in Adelaide looking to make a new friend

Hello there my name is natalie 32 years old and I have 2 little girls who are 2 and ther other on...

Tesaandbabies

Hip dysplasia

DD2 has just being diagnosed with clicking in the left hip. At 6 weeks it was only just stable a...

2 replies

Hello, My DD was diagnosised with Hip Dysplasis at 8 weeks. She was in a pavlik harness 24/7 for 6 weeks, then spent another 4 week...

Eosinophilic Oesophagitis, Allergies, Failure to thrive, Etc

Hi everyone, Just wondering if there are any parents with kids with eosinophilic oesophagitis, m...

5 replies

I just dropped by to say: You ladies are the most amazing, inspiring, wonderful parents in the whole entire world!! Thank god for...

tracyann

Could he have Cerebral Palsy

Hi.. Hoping for some info and advise.. Our twin boys where born at 32 weeks, at that time the big...

3 replies

Hi Cady Thank you for taking the time to reply,( sorry i did not get back to you straight away, we have just got home from a week a...

toilet training when unable to walk

from what I remember, though i could be wrong most people who have no use of there legs usually u...

1 reply

hi mum of prem, my son is four and has only been 'walking' for about a year, he has diplegia. we have been trying to toilet train ...