Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Families With Special Needs Children (inc learning difficulties, disabilities etc)
  5. Carers payment for Auditory processing disorder, Dyslexia and Global sensory disorder.

Carers payment for Auditory processing disorder, Dyslexia and Global sensory disorder. Rss

Hi everyone.

My 8 yo dd has recently been diagnosed with APD, Dyslexia and Global sensory disorder.

She is quite behind at school (Approx 2 years) and also struggles with day to day life. The audiologist who did the APD testing and diagnosis said she was quite severe. She used the 8 year old testing and she is a month shy of turning 9 and failed 5 of the 6 tests.

What I was wondering is, has anyone successfully received carers allowance for these conditions?

TIA smile
I dont know if this will help but I get carers allowance for my ds who has a severe speech delay. Ctrlink told me more than likely I would not get it. But surprise surprise I did. So I would go for it. Whats the worst that can happen, they say no.

i had to call them today inregards to careers payment etc, We will be getting inregards to my neice, but i know there is a form that needs to be filled out and signed by a doctor, i can keep you posted once I receive our form and let you know if you like

Sign in to follow this topic