Huggies Forum

Biological clock ticking Rss

Hi, I am just putting this post out there more to air my feelings. I have a 17yr old girl and a 3yr old boy with a severe speech disorder. I am 44 in March and suffer chronic daily migraines and ibs and sinus/allergy problems.

My hubbie and I rent and to put it bluntly we have no money. My hubbie works full time with our local council. We have just lost our money for my daughter from centrelink because of her age. She basically works full time but is never home hardly. She is always at work, her boyfriends, her grandparents or out with friends.

I have had for the last 3yrs feelings that my son needs a playmate. I know what you are all thinking and I am thinking it as well. That is why I have had no more. Most days I struggle badly to look after my son because of my migraines. Next month he is starting special school a few days a week on top of kindy which is 2 days a week and speech therapy every 2nd week. All this running around is a huge strain on me with my migraines.

My hubbie doesn't want any more because of our money situation and my health plus he was a single child. My son gets so bored at home. He has lots of toys and things to do but he struggles to do all this on his own. He always needs someone to play with him and I cannot do this all day long. He does have behavioural problems and social interation problems because of his speech delay.

I to be blunt don't want to put my body through pregnancy and birth again. My migraines and back pain blew out with my last pregnancy. I am too sick all the time to take him out to a park or the shops. I don't do mothers groups. I am a very private type person. The thought of sitting with a group of mums and their noisy kids with my migraines is not appealing. No offence. His special school is only for about 2 hours each day. I don't have any friends where I live. Alot of people would not want a friend who has health issues like me. I do miss having friends.

Anyway I have put it out there. Thanks for reading my post.

GarfieldRules wrote:
Hi, I am just putting this post out there more to air my feelings. I have a 17yr old girl and a 3yr old boy with a severe speech disorder. I am 44 in March and suffer chronic daily migraines and ibs and sinus/allergy problems.

I'm sure you've tried loads of things and had many well meaning people make all kinds of suggestions to help with your migraines and IBS. Well, add me to the list as I have a couple you may or may not have considered! smile

There is a book called The IBS Low Starch Diet by Carol Sinclair or the other good one is Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall (The Specific Carbohydrate Diet). These diets are very similar and extremely effective in sorting out IBS. I know of many many people who have had great success using one or the other.

Also I recently saw a show with a guy with daily severe migraines. They got rid of them but having him completely come off caffeine which is a known trigger (yes sorry that means chocolate too) and also helping him with his sleep as tiredness is often a trigger. So he was given melatonin and also magnesium to help improve his sleep.

Perhaps these are some things you could look into if you haven't already?

Thankyou all so much for your posts. You have all certainly given me some food for thought. It truly brings a tear to the eye to know there other people out there who are willing to listen to my problems and supply feedback in order to help me. Thanks again. xx

Sign in to follow this topic