Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

to circumcise or not Rss

I have a 3 year old son with Autism,do I get him circumcised or not?It's been on my mind lately,I'm not sure if he will understand on cleaning under his foreskin when he's older and I suppose I want to spare him from that.what does everyone think??
I think you should talk to your health professionals smile
I don't know if this helps at all, but we had to have my 2 year old circumcised due to his foreskin not retracting at all, and let me tell you - it was a pretty huge ordeal in itself. The pain he went through for days afterwards, lots of drama, not wanting to wee, nightmares etc and now is frightened of hospitals. It is just something to think about, doing it now to stop pain in the future may not necessarily be the easy way out. Having said that - I definitely get why you are thinking about it, it is just such a sensitive age.
My oldest is autistic, and I wondered the same thing. I spoke to his paed who said that it's not a problem now, and by the time it does become essential for him to retract his foreskin when bathing he will probably be able to do it.

Speak to your son's paed/therapists and see what they suggest.
personally I wouldn't, there is no need to put him through that with no actual need. at this stage they don't need to worry about fore skin retracting and it only starts retracting a little at an older age. looking into research about it and ask some questions, there are some good pages on facebook, saving our sons, the whole network , and many more that would be able to help you find answers to your questions,

foreskin doesn't actually start retracting until older than people think and then they will do it themselves, its not uncommon for a boy 7-8 not retracting yet and then he can learn to so some of these things or with help? I am not sure how capable he is sorry,
Sign in to follow this topic