Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Being a Mum
  5. SLEEP???How many hours do you get?

SLEEP???How many hours do you get? Rss

Last night I got two hours but not in one nice satisfying chunk, oh no that would be too much to ask. grump grump. Of course he's asleep now because I'm not. grump grump.

Unfortunatly I stay up late, with lunches,cleaning,and washing for 5,plus all the cloth nappies it's about 11-12 before i get to bed, yes sleeping in...oh that sounds nice!!!

I'm the same. I only have two but it's at night that I get the washing and dishes done, plus a little me time to play on the Internet or watch some TV. I don't usually get to sleep until 11 and then at least one of the kids is awake around 5, if not both so I'm lucky to get 6 hours.
Hello, I have 2 boys. 3and a half and 6 months. We had trouble sleeping with my first son. Just couldnt get him to sleep. A friend had been to sleep school and saw we were struggling, and so suggested we go. I was really nervous and scared about it..but it changed our lives. After my 2nd son was born i called the sleep school to get tips for a newborn and we have had no troubles with him at all. He has always been put into bed happy and awake(after showing first tired signs). He is 6 months. We all sleep through the night, and have done since he was 2 months old. I never would have believed it if I hadnt done it. I cant thank Mitcham private sleep school enough. There are many others around. Tweddle-they offer for older chidren and QEC are Melbourne ones. There is help out there.
I am in bed for about 6 hours but i wake up either half hourly or hourly as i get a lot of pain during the night every night. and it can take me a long time to fall asleep again so i average about 4-5 hrs a night.
Im 6 months pregnant and have had broken sleeps every night since being pregnant. Insomnia being a huge issue.Ususally awake twice a nite for hours at a time.Preparing me for what's to come i guess
It's so different between our three children. Our oldest (now 7) doesn't need much more than an adult.

Much more interesting are the younger two. They're quite close in age - 2 and a half, and only just 4 - but we actually put the 4 year old to bed first! That's partly because they share a room and that's how they best settle, but she's much happier having an hour more a night than her younger sister!

I've found a page a read a couple of years ago when I was looking into this. The site looks different now, but I'm pretty sure it's the same page.

How Much Does Your Child Need To Sleep

Cheers. Sean.
Seriously though, with 4 kids there is always someone up and about and I am a light sleeper so even one of them turning over in bed wakes me let alone having them thump around to go to the toilet
I prefer to sleep 7-8 hours, but also right after the sleep to take my time in a hot tub, because it can give you some relaxation either raise your inner strength up. I don't even know all hot tub health benefits, but I definitely know that it can make your skin more soft and delicate, especially if you add some oils in hot tub before using it.
Sturgette wrote:
Unfortunatly I stay up late, with lunches,cleaning,and washing for 5,plus all the cloth nappies it's about 11-12 before i get to bed, yes sleeping in...oh that sounds nice!!!

I'm the same. I only have two but it's at night that I get the washing and dishes done, plus a little me time to play on the Internet or watch some TV. I don't usually get to sleep until 11 and then at least one of the kids is awake around 5, if not both so I'm lucky to get 6 hours.

Oh my God! Do you really give so much time for cleaning and cooking? But what about time for yourself? No, I definitely didn't want my wife to be so tired so we have a washing machine and dishwasher, as well as cooking gadgets. We both can use them, it doesn't take much time.
You're right, modern gadgets remove most of the everyday problems. I would add an automatic robot vacuum cleaner to this list too. After buying it, for the first time I stopped worrying about the cleanliness of the floor) This is a very important point because I have an extremely mobile kid. You can choose a vacuum cleaner with the function of dry and wet cleaning. In order not to explain for a long time just look at the more features on the site. I think this is a great thing for a young family.
Mostly due to insomnia, 2-4 hours. I think the best night was 6!
Sign in to follow this topic