Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Being a Mum
  5. I'm horrible and someone shook their head

I'm horrible and someone shook their head Rss

We've all made mistakes as a parent as well as me and i've had more then a few. But in saying that, it's a huge learning curve being a new parent as well being so tired! We all learn from our mistakes

I have to admit, i would of been very shocked seeing that happen but i wouldnt of just stood there shaking my head and gasbagging about it.

Anyway im glad your baby is okay. It's very scary seeing these things happen!
Posted by: katerenee
Hi TO ALL.. I am new at this i justed logged on.. and i have a 10 month old boy called sean he is crawling and running a muck.. well FIRST.. i would like to say WHY the hell would you leave ur baby on a TABLE to put rubbish in the BIN.. hello what the hell were u thinking... BABY or RUBBISH.. well i think i would choose MY CHILD.. and as for saying about the ppl looking at you well HELLO i would to (edited)

Are you also new at using the keyboard too?
[Edited on 21/10/2007 by Alison]
Posted by: *Loving It*
lol u want me to support sum1 that left their baby on a table whilst they put sumthing in the bin? oh woohoo 10 points 4 keeping australia beautiful!

You know loving it I just wanted to respond to this post even though it was made a little while ago.
You know loving it no-one is asking you to give this mother "10 points 4 keeping australia beautiful", I really do not see how this comment is helpful in any way, this comment is run purely on sarcasm.
I agree with you that this is an open forum and you have the right to express your opinion, but do you need to do it with so much venom.
You can say the same thing in a much more non-confrontaional way, and I am sure that if you read this and you do not like it then you are going to be sarcastic to me as well, you already have been!!
If you have never amde a mistake one day you will, it is just pat of being human.
Your baby is still quite young but the older your baby gets the more unpredictable the child will become!!
You have said that in all honesty you have never left your
child unattended , I congarulate you on being able to do that not many maothers have that luxury where the baby is being attended to every minute of the day!
That was not a sarcastic comment I wish that I could get on with my day knowing that my daughter faces no unceartinty throughout the day!
Right now she is sitting in the computer room with me playing while I do this so she is being watched right now by me!
Would you want people tp repond to you in the same way as you have if one day you made a silly mistake. if one day your judgement is slightly out or would you want people tp give you their hanest opoinon without makeing you feel like a failure!
I do wish you all the luck in the world with your child because I know that you have your baby's best interset in mind!
Just treat others the way that you wolud like to be treated,
inn't that the saying!!!
hello ok from what i have read i know i will be attacked for this but it still very much effects my way of life and i would like to share it with you all. i am 24 and a mummy of 2 little boys i have jackson who is now 3 and ryan who is now 19 months now. ryan was always a very colicy baby and he used to thrash around wildly in pain from his colic as i know some mums will know that feeling. now when ryan was just 7 weeeks old to the day it was 9 am and i was at a friends house waiting for her to come and get ryan so i could take jackson to his swimming lessons as ryan was to young as my dh was at work. so just as she unlocked her front door to come a get him i was holding jacksons hand as he walked beside me and i had my precious baby ryan in my arms fast asleep and once she opened the door it squeeked and woke ryan with a fright and he arched his back and threw his head back and fell right over my arms directly onto her concrete driveway. he screamed right away i panicked and fell to the ground scooped him up and sat rocking him sobbing while screaming to call an ambulance. jackson who was just 2 at the time was screaming also so my friend picked him up while talking to 000 operater. it took 20 mins for the ambos to get thereand by this time he was falling back to sleep again and had a huge lump already on his head we rished him to hospital while my friend took jackson for the day once we got to hospital they called my hubby at work and he came right away i was a total mess sobbing uncontrolably and rocking him as well the doctors came and checked him he had a 2 cm raised lump by this time they sent us for a ct scan that reveled a small brain bleed i was so very devestated i couldnt stop shaking so they lightly sedated me. we were checked every 20 mins after this and then we were told he was being sent by chopper to the matter childrens in brisbane! again i was so devestated i couldnt stop crying even though i was still lightly sedated. it was soon after we learnt this news that my friend brought jackson up and i remember i sat holding him to tight sobbing that they has to take himaway as i was scaring him. he was also very scared at all that had happened as he has always been very close to his baby brother so finally at 5 pm the chopper came to collect ryan and we were told that he was unstable and we couldnt fly with him so we watched as they wheeled him away and loaded him in the chopper and they took off with my new orn baby son and us not knowing what we would find when we got down to him later that night. so we left our hospital just me dh and jackson went home packed some clothes a porta cot and esentials for jackson and we left right away driving the 2 hours from home to brisbane to see the fate of our baby once we got there. i dont remember much of the drive but i was cring jackson was crying him self to sleep and scott was driving us as fast but as safely as he could down there. i must have rung the hospital 50 times on the way and once we got there after what seemed like forever he was fast asleep sucking on a dummy as he was still not allowed to be fed at all from 8 am that morning was his last feed before it all happened and he wasnt fed at all till 6 pm the next day! we were told that as we had another child we couldnt stay with ryan at the hospital so we said our goodbyes to him not knowing what we would find in the morning and we searced a huge city for a vacent motel we finally found one at 11 pm at night and we booked in rang the hospital again and got an update all seemed fine and we got to bed we got up at 6 am the next morning got jackson ready and rushed to the hospital again to find our beautiful with a 7 cm raied lump on his head and a x ray saying he had a scull fractor! he was seen by the nuero surgen and was declared very lucky as the bleed had gone totally and he would be alrtight they kept him in for another 3 days in total while we all stayed at the great ronald mcdonald house accross the road. he came out of icu on the second day and was moved to a ward and we could touch and feed him again like normal and finally he was allowed out to stay with us for the night at the ronald mcdonald house on the forth day and that was very stresfull for us as i kept checking on him every 10 mins day and night to make sure he was alright before we went home the next day. we left brisbane and drove home as a family again and that was the scaryest but happiest time of my life to know my son was alright. to this day now 16 months later the images and feelings still haunt me day and night and any little thing will trigger it and being alone during the day while my prefect boys are sleeping is the worst for me as it all comes flooding back to me. i am very doubtfull of my parenting abilities now and of my self i am very depressed and easily upset. but most important is both my baby boys are just fine now with no ill effects but it haunts me that even though every one says it was an accident and i know it was obviously but it hurts to know it could have killed or harmed my baby. even to this day the slightest little bump its off to the hospital no matter what and i worry daily. i always push ryan in his pram everywhere at 19 months old because i am just not confidant enough to carry him for any long time at all! thanks for sharing my story this is very very hard for me to wright here but i had to share it with you all and would like your feedback. from felecia

boys 5 and 3 years i love my little men

Well i have just sat here and read all the replies for this post and i can say that i am 2 on both sides of the "argument" that is going on...

It is wrong of any parent to leave their child unattended on anything that is high off of the floor and i DID learn the hard way. When my DS was about 3.5 months old i left him propped up on the couch with the cushions around him while i quickly got his milk from the microwave (maybe 6 steps away), when i got to the milk all i heard was a THUD behind me. I turned to see my boy laying on the floor on his back just laying there still, until i picked him up then he let scream. I dont know who cried more me or him.. i was on the phone to my DH in a second crying to him that our son fallen on the floor from the couch...

Straight of to the doctors for us, were the Dr said that he will be fine... I was sooo ashamed that i had to take my baby to the Drs and tell him that i had left him on the couch and he fell.

I was really upset by a comment that came from 1 of my DHs work ass. "Betta call welfare mate. she neglects your kid". When i heard this i cried more that i did when he had fallen, how can some1 think that i would neglect him.. next day this ass. came to work and apologised to my DH his daughter had hit her face so hard that her mouth was bleeding when he got home. did he call welfare on his mother child?????

well we all make mistakes and i know for sure that i will never leave my children propped up on the couch again (even for the shortest time)... im sure that inflicted.chaos has learnt from what she did just the same as MANY of us have...

[img]http://b1.lilypie.com/NRHmp9/.png[/img][img]h

Hi TO ALL.. I am new at this i justed logged on.. and i have a 10 month old boy called sean he is crawling and running a muck.. well FIRST.. i would like to say WHY the hell would you leave ur baby on a TABLE to put rubbish in the BIN.. hello what the hell were u thinking... BABY or RUBBISH.. well i think i would choose MY CHILD.. and as for saying about the ppl looking at you well HELLO i would to (edited)

Toatally Uncalled for ...
katerenee

Subject : What the hell were you thinking

Katerenee

I know the story you would be referring to may upset people in different ways but I dont come onto this forum to see posts like this.

I hope people would agree with me that everyone makes mistakes and we all learn from them. Yes it is unfortunately a horrible situation and incident but i am sure the mother of that child feels extremely bad as she expressed in her post.

I know you are only new at this forum but us mothers would prefer you to maybe express yourself a little calmly

Maybe think twice or walk away to calm yourself before posting irate comments.

Is this the morals that you want to teach your children I don't like what you did so therefore i am going
"smack you out"

Like someone said a lot of brovado coming from behind a computer screen

This at the end of the day is a civilized forum wheather we agree with each other or not, and your behaviour is far from it!
You are more than likely a really nice person who just amde the wrong choice in what she wrote, so maybe you should think about what you write instead of trying to be tough!!!
Hi ladies,

Ive followed this post for a couple of days now and wasnt going to post anything but cant help myself!!! smile

Yes we all make mistakes, we are only human. I really dont agree with leaving bubs unattended, but honestly do you really think inflicked chaos? thought her son was going to get injured? NO, we all (prob all) (hope all) have left our bubs for a second, whether its to grab a nappy/cream while they on change table, left them on a bed while we go to the loo??? I have done this, amd my bub thankfully has never fallen or been injured and now thanks to this post i wont be leaving mia in these situations again!!!

I dont agree with all the name calling tho and joking about serious incidents, i think thats a bit high school.

Felicia, i can only imagine what you went through, thank god your son is now okay. Please dont doubt your ability to be a good parent, this was an accident and im sure you are the best mother to those boys smile

Michelle

I think she doing a more hell of a job then the mother not that you would call her a mother, who just killed her 2 year old son and put him in a bloody suitcase.her son is loved and cared for and she feels teriable about what happen,the mother that killed her son who was only two locked her son outside late a night hit him repeatly.keep being are great mum cos some people dont deserve the right to call them self a mother.
*sigh* we all know where this is heading (if it hasn't already gotten there). Stop stirring the pot, get over yourselves and learn from the original posters story.

We all see other parents and what they do with their children, whether we agree or not is also how we learn to take care of our own.

ps I do hope that the child is ok.

SJ
[Edited on 21/10/2007]
proud mummy~ if u read the post b4 that u would see sum1 was saying we needed to support her- the only thing i found that would be worthy of support was her putting rubbish in the bin! yes there was sarcasm in it whats ur point ? lol i cant use sarcasm now? ok so thats anutha thing scrubbed

THINGS U CANT DO ON HUGGIES;
give ur opinion if i differs from others
be honest
use sarcasm
talk about other nappies

im really over this post and have almost forgotten what the original post was about lol

Sign in to follow this topic