Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Being a Mum
  5. I'm horrible and someone shook their head

I'm horrible and someone shook their head Rss

I feel for you Inflected - everyone has had that 1 second brain freze, and you never forget it.

My DD has fallen off the lounge (onto a basket of washing thankfully), as soon as she could roll over changing her on the change table was a nightmare so we change her on the floor.

As long as your little boy is OK is the main thing, however I do have to tell you's that my friends older sister (who is now 32) has perment brain damage and the IQ of a 5 year old from being droped by her 10 year old cousin. The baby at the time was a happy healthy 8 month old when her 10yr cousin took her from her cot and tried to carried the baby outside, she triped on the slider for the glass sliding door and dropped the baby which landed on her head on the metal runner.

I know this is a completly different situation but the outcome could have almost been the same.

I hope you learnt a very important lesson and good luck with your son.

Mummy to Ayla-Jain and Makennah!

thank you to the few people who realised he wasnt unattended ..~rolls eyes~ the first post was a bit rushed because I didn't want my laptop battery to go flat, so i missed a few of the minor details.. ~shrugs~ but whatever.. im not here to try n prove im the greatest mother in the world (or the worst for that matter, lol tongue) i just felt like telling someone.. if you dont like it... tough..move on.. no ones making you read this...and i dont care whether you agree or not to how i move on and make myself feel a little bit better.. i could sit here and play the stupid guilty depressed mum forever.. but i have a son to enjoy and a life to live and im NOT going to let you guys beat me up over it more than i beat myself up..so fuck you to the people that cant accept it and move on.. ~lol, half of huggies hate me now tongue~

and more on vins health - if he had been acting different or cried for longer or was sleepy he wouldve been at the drs quicker than the time it took for him to fall off the table. Regardless of their stupid waiting times (its hard to get in there at the best of times..i thought i was in labour and it still took them an hour to look at me, and its a 2 hour drive to the nearest hospital that delivers) .. and the only reason vin cried as long as he did for was because he was tired.. hes a clutz.. hes always falling over and splitting his lip, he had a bruise on the corner of his eye the other day from falling over and landing on the shelf of the entertainment unit.. there you go..another one to prosecute me for.. bring it on..
anyway.. he is by no means affected by what happened on thrusday morning, there is absolutely NO difference in his moods, eating habits, nappy presents or anything.. hes still the same bub and hes in very good health..so thats all i have left to say on the subject.. i dont think theres anything more..

i DO appreciate the cricism to an extent, but it woulda been better with more taste... just think of me sitting on ur shoulder abusing you next time you fuck up royal... smile

thanks to everyone else.. now im off to see if he bounces off of the roof of the house.. lets see how many people bitch at me when i tell you about his broken neck! ~dances excitedly~ lol... ~waves bye~ cya
well I have to say when I read your first post, I also thought it was pretty irresponsible of you. I bet your friend will never wipe her child's face again when she's watching two of them.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my "bad mother" experiences. Both just happened to happen at separate times at Ngala.
The first time DS was about 12 weeks and he was on the change table and I reached down to grab the wipes and I don't know what he did but I ended up grabbing his leg to stop him falling to the ground - there was a camera in that room.
The second time, he was 7 months and at home I always strap him into the high chair. Well this was the one and only time I didn't and the only reason why I didn't was because I was sitting right in front of him and there was no way he'd get past me and fall. Well the nurse saw us like that and showed me how to put him in and strap him in - like I didn't know. I'm sure she was trying be helpful, but that made me feel bad again.
I can understand ur attatude when your defending yourself but dont you think you are taking it a little far? Your just giving them sh!t to pick at you for and i personally dont find your son breaking his neack a joke.

I have been following this whole thred and at first it didnt bother me what happened we all do things like that. But to go on about it and now joke about your sone hurting himself is just childish.

So please just leave it at what you have said as this really is a stupid topic! and really out of hand.

PS: and dont go off at me i dont think your a bad mum. I just think your being very silly in the way you are responding to people. Thats all.
i worked in child care and i used to look after a little boy who was born perfectly healthy and then at about 18 months of age, pulled a table cloth that was hanging off a table and a portable television crashed down on top of him.

he is now brain damaged.

i dont think making jokes about children ending up with brain damage and broken necks is entirely necessary even if you are being light hearted.

i think you should just move along and leave others to post what they like. dont take the bait with a response if thats the only way you feel you can make light of the situation.

Hi TO ALL.. I am new at this i justed logged on.. and i have a 10 month old boy called sean he is crawling and running a muck.. well FIRST.. i would like to say WHY the hell would you leave ur baby on a TABLE to put rubbish in the BIN.. hello what the hell were u thinking... BABY or RUBBISH.. well i think i would choose MY CHILD.. and as for saying about the ppl looking at you well HELLO i wouldnt care who was looking at you i would care that ur child just fell off a table..

[Edited on 21/10/2007]
I trust your babe is fine after the fall, sucks that it happened, even your friend was close but just not close enough to catch the baby or table before it was too late.

To those who posted harshly - did you really have to say it? Me thinks she knows it, and has experienced the disgust you showed. Did ya HAVE to say it again?
Remember, infants have really soft skulls so the amount of bone damage is minor compared to a grown child/teen/adult and the softer skull can actually cushion the brain from major damage (I have family who work in hospitals and have studied PSYC etc).

Personally - I dropped my younger cousin onto a wooden floor - BY ACCIDENT - i was standing up and had my arms under his bum holding him close to me, as I went to put an arm around his shoulders, he turned to look at his sister and fell out of my arms (I was about 8 and he was about 2) - I STILL feel like shit for it (nearly 15 years on). But he is fine now - plays rugby (which is more dangerous).

Not all humans are perfect and its even harder when you are a solo mum or DH or your parents are out of the house and you have to leave your child on the bed/change table/whatever for a split second while you turn your back to get an article of clothing, bottle, towel, whatever.
Posted by: katerenee
Hi TO ALL.. I am new at this i justed logged on.. and i have a 10 month old boy called sean he is crawling and running a muck.. well FIRST.. i would like to say WHY the hell would you leave ur baby on a TABLE to put rubbish in the BIN.. hello what the hell were u thinking... BABY or RUBBISH.. well i think i would choose MY CHILD.. and as for saying about the ppl looking at you well HELLO i would to (edited)

Gee that was so called for, NOT!!

All bravado, because you are behind a computer screen!!
[Edited on 21/10/2007 by Alison]
Your story should remind others about what happens when you become complacent. Im sure you learnt a valuable lesson the hard way and now others that read your story will think twice before doing the same thing. Im glad your bubs is ok
Post deleted by administrator.
I agree with Benmar, obviously a stirrer that opened a new acct - YET AGAIN!!

Anyway, I hope your baby is ok and we have all made mistakes and thank god nothing bad happened to your little man and as mars said, thats something you wont ever do again.

Posted by: katerenee
Hi TO ALL.. I am new at this i justed logged on.. and i have a 10 month old boy called sean he is crawling and running a muck.. well FIRST.. i would like to say WHY the hell would you leave ur baby on a TABLE to put rubbish in the BIN.. hello what the hell were u thinking... BABY or RUBBISH.. well i think i would choose MY CHILD.. and as for saying about the ppl looking at you well HELLO i would to (edited)

New at this, I don't think so....
[Edited on 21/10/2007 by Alison]

Sign in to follow this topic