Huggies Forum

Scared Dad? Lock Rss

My partner for 4 years found out he was going to be a dad not to long ago. Even though i'm 27 weeks i only found out a 25 weeks. Late i know but it hasn't really given him time to get use to the idea and well he keeps telling me he isn't ready but then he tells me he is. Is there anything i can do to help him get ready and is he just scared? Please help unsure
I feel not ready all the time! When I have freak outs my partner reassures me by telling me I will be a great mum, that he loves me, that he is going to do all he can to support us etc. Reassurance helps HEAPS maybe you could try that?

Must have been a bit of a shock for you guys! Maybe he just needs a bit more time to get his head around the idea?
when bubs is born, it'll be the most amazing, surreal feeling for him. He won't know himself.
Just wait. You'll see.

when bubs is born, it'll be the most amazing, surreal feeling for him. He won't know himself.
Just wait. You'll see.

Agree, he and you are both probably still in shock - fancy finding out so far along!! He probably just needs a bit more time to take it in and is having a little freak out.
Dh and i found out at 18 weeks that we were pregnant with bubs no.3. I am now 27 weeks and he and i are still in shock and its not even our first. Give him some time and reassurance that you are both in this together, and that you learn as you go and try to get into some ante natal classes as these might help with the nerves. The moment he sees his baby it will all change. Good luck smile
Congratulations on the upcoming arrival.

Reassure DP that its a perfectly normal feeling, everyone wants to be the best parents for their children and the nerves kick in.

Print out a list of baby accessories you will need and plan a day to go baby shopping. You might surprise yourself and witness a very different side of him. May even be telling YOU what to buy (and not the other way around).

You've been together long enough, he'll embrace the situation as your belly gets bigger, the house/room slowly changes to baby things and if you are still worried, get him to hold a friend's baby.

Hope everything goes well during the pregnancy:)
It the nature of humans to run away from reality…..when I tell him about our first he has mixed feelings but after I show him how the baby adds meaning to your lives he feels proud and happy
realy omg
Print out a list of baby accessories you will need and plan a day to go baby shopping. You might surprise yourself and witness a very different side of him. May even be telling YOU what to buy (and not the other way around).
Sign in to follow this topic