Huggies Forum

hes sleeping in the lounge room Lock Rss

Its the second night in a row dp has slept in the lounge room,he says its because ds keeps him awake at night i think he just doesnt wanna be around me well thats what it feels like anyway sad

Its the second night in a row dp has slept in the lounge room,he says its because ds keeps him awake at night i think he just doesnt wanna be around me well thats what it feels like anyway sad

Sleep deprivation is bad... but you should lay your feelings on the line and tell him how it makes you feel. If he's just doing it to get a good nights sleep then that's ok for a night here and there - but he does also have to accept that you also need sleep and that you are in this together, bet you arent getting much sleep!
im getting about 2-3 hours a night today iv been up since 2am just got into bed and ds woke up partner thinks hes tired cause he works least he gets to sleep
Most men don't like their sleep being broken. My hubby said one might express some milk & i will feed him and you can sleep threw one of his feeds. So i did and guess what when i woke hubby up to feed little master he wouldn't get up. He will get up only if i can't get one of them back to sleep. He has gotten up but after 3 hours of me trying and he gets the baby back to sleep within 20 minutes.

Tell him on the weekend it's his turn to get up & you get some much need sleep.

Plus talk to him tell him how you feeling & how he feeling.

my partner can get ds to sleep no problem im tryin to get the little man to sleep now so i can sleep its just not happening hes had a bottle and now on the boob otherwise if it doesnt work dp is getting up to help
I think you're over thinking his wanting to sleep in another room too much. My DF loathes having his sleep interrupted. I used to wake up and find DF fast asleep on the couch because apparently I took up all the bed or would have half my body lying across him. I used to find it quite offensive but since being pregnant I totally understand where he's coming from.

As much as we find it unfair, we have to accept that some males are useless when it comes to helping in the middle of the night. My DF and my brother are two such males. My brother sleeps with earmuffs on so he doesn't have to hear his son cry in the middle of the night. My DF has said that the same will go for him otherwise he will be sleeping in another room.

Make some changes to how you go about your day. When your partner gets home from work and you are exhausted, arrange for him to take DS off your hands for a few hours so you can get an uninterrupted sleep in.
Jess*91 wrote:

I very much Doubt its because he doesnt want to be around you unfortuantly us females always think this way its a horrible feeling i no ive been there so many times but have figured out recently that we are awesome lol and who wouldnt want us, your husband loves you more than you think and i believe he is being honest when he says its because you little one keeps him up. Try to think positive your awesome dont forget that ever we are made from awesomness smile
Sign in to follow this topic