Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Your Relationships
  5. i knew i was setting myself up to be hurt

i knew i was setting myself up to be hurt Lock Rss

heya, how r u?
Diago was sleeping in his bed really well for about 3 nights. The first night he fell asleep with me then I put him in his own bed and he didnt wake up till 4am which is reeeeeeeally good for him as he usually wakes before midnight and comes in bed with me. i got him back to sleep at 4am and he slept in his bed till about 6am when i let him come in with me till morning. second night he slept through until 2.15am then i got him back to sleep put him in his own bed and he stayed there until 6am when he hopped into bed with me until morning again. third night he slept through until about 4am then hopped in bed with me and i was too tired to put him back in his own bed lol. but the last few nights he has been sneaking into my bed and I havn't even woken up! i just wake up and hes next to me lol then i put him back to his bed and i wake up a couple of hours later and hes back in bed with me! cheeky little bugger. your situation sounds pretty similar to mine with your sons dad except Diagos dad wasn't at his birth or anything, we broke up when i was only a couple of months pregnant and I didn't hear from him my whole pregnancy and then when Diago was 1 week old he showed up at the door at 9 'o' clock at night with 2 of his mates!!! man was i pissed off i just told mum to tell him to go away! honestly he didn't ring me, txt me, anything just showed up all casual with his FRIENDS! i had just had a baby for gods sake! anyway he txtd me after that and we organised a time and he came around and saw Diago but he just had no idea aye. he wanted to take Diago out by himself when he was 1 mnth old!! i was still bloody breastfeeding. and then he got mad because he thought i wasnt letting him see diago enough, well as a mum you know how hard it is when you've got a newborn whos feeding all the time and you're sooo over tired all the time etc etc well he didn't understand ANY of that thought everything should go as HE wanted it too. so he was sending me abusive txts calling me a "fatty" (come on I'd JUST had a baby!) telling me i was never gunna getta bf and that i was gunna end up like my friend a single mum forever (shes getting married next week). so i said screw it take me to court. Anyway didn't hear from him until Diago was 6mnths old and he shows up on my doorstep again. I had lost alot of weight by then and he couldnt believe it he was like "omg you look so good blah blah blah" and i was thinking well the last time you saw me I'd just had a baby lol males can be so dumb. and yeah i wont bore you with the rest of the story but basically he's not in Diagos life now, he lives up north but he is supposed to be moving back down at the end of this year i pray to god that doesnt happen but i guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I can understand what you mean you don't want guys coming in and out of your sons life. I've only had one boyfriend whos been around Diago lots and we were together for a few months but then that didn't work out, I don't feel like Diago was emotinally attached to him though. Since we were around at my friends quite alot he did see the guy i was sleeping with but he would've just seen him as my mate, he was actually pretty cool with Diago he'd always be like "hey d, how are ya?" and play with him and that, he's still friendly towards me and Diago when we see him and thats cool, I don't have any feelings for him anymore so I'm fine with it. It sounds to me like that guy just made a mistake and he's not going to do it again. but i can DEFINITLY understand you not wanting to be with someone whos into hard drugs and especially not have your son around something like that. my older brother used to be into p in a big way but he got clean, his good friend and also a close family friend committed suicide and he had just come off drugs I think it really woke my brother up and made him realise aye. His funeral was actually on the day Diago was born so I didn't get to go but they played that song "forever young" so incredibly sad, he was only 21. My brother has actually said to me he thought he was his best friend and then for him to just go and do that and my brother had no idea. but anywaaaay onto a more happier subject well maybe not so happy lol but hows your study going?? I've been getting a bit done I think I have something like 8 level 2 credits and I need 60 by the end of the year to pass! Diago is awesome I love it when hes at daycare having that time to myself but I love hanging out with him too. He cracks me up, he's learning new stuff everyday. He has two dolls that used to be mine when I was little and he brushes there teeth with his toothbrush and gives them drinks and puts them to bed lol its so funny and cute. well i better be off smile
take care
heyaso where did that other post go ? the one from some other person..hrmm odd. oh well.haah i know what you mean about waking up n they r in ur bed !!! tyler does that all the time now ! sometimes i hear his little feet running into my room and climbing into my bed n then other times i wake up and turn over n there tyler is lying there sucking his thumb staring at me haha. cheeky monkey ! quite cute tho ! so diago is liking his new sponge bob bed aye ? thats great ! tyler's sleep routine is fantastic now......he goes to bed at 730 n takes on average 10 mins to get to sleep. then he sleeps thru the night until he wakes up around 6 and climbs into my bed n sleep thru ( or lays there while i sleep) til about 8ish :)i can't believe men ! and how silly is ur ex for rocking up at 9 at night of all times !! and with his mates ! so dumb. my ex isn't much better with the abusive messages...but thankfully i don't hear from him anymore, haven't from him for well over 2 years. there has been a few times over that time that ive called him but that was mainly because i felt so lost, like confused why he acted the way he did, almost like i need closure and i don't have that. but now i just don't care and i accept that i don't have closure but life goes on and its not worth contacting him.study study study.....mine is going great now ! im half way thru the semester, about 6 weeks til exams. and have 4 more assignments to do before then but its all coming together finally. still don't no how i will go in exam but oh well all u can do is try i guess smile hows is urs coming along ?and how is ur tonsitilitis now ? im guessing it would've all cleared up by now !! yeh ive forgiven the guy...talked to him about it and he kept apologising and asked me to let him make it up to me for the hundred thousand yearss ! so i get the idea he isn't going anyway huh. lol. see what happens.any romance on the horizon for you ? or you steering clear for now.
daycare is fantastic aye !! tyler used to go all the time when i was a director of daycare centre but ive quit since then so he stays at home with me all the time. i want to put him bak into a daycare 2 days a week or sumfn but everytime i talk to tyler about it he says "no i don't want to go" . he wants to stay here with me. so im not too sure yet. my folks have been taking tyler one night a week for the last 3 weeks so that has been great !!!!! tho ive been spending the time studying and house work...but ive been having a sleep in bigggg time hahaha but haven't been going out partying or anything.
sorry to hear about your brother and the loss of his friend. life is very strange sometimes isn't it. doesn't always make sence.
well thats all from me. im going to do some ironing (havn't done any for about 2months hahah)
hope all is well ur way.
ciaoooo

Danni, WA,

hey

i have no idea where that other persons post went i didnt even get to read it! not that i particularly wanna read something if im just getting abused lol. aw I'm so jelous that you have him in such a good routine lol i wish i could have that with Diago. I hope it all gets easier when we move out and he has his own room. my friend unfortunately isn't pregnant she txtd me yesterday saying she got her period, bummer! Diago does like his spongebob bed but he prefers to sleep with mummy sad yes well I guess we'll never understand what goes on in mens heads lol. I don't know what Diagos dad was thinkin but oh well its in the past. obviously he has NO idea what so ever what its like to care for a newborn baby! and visitors (especailly him and his mates) are not what you feel like at 9pm! thats so good that your studies going well you sound real positive about it which is good! mines going ok i guess, I'm enrolled in 5 subjects; english, maths, legal studies, job seekers and home and life science. I've sent in a few legal studies and english booklets this year but i havn't sent in any of the other booklets, i am working on maths but i find it kinda hard and the home and life science one I have to do food preservation so I've got to make a jam and havn't really had the time to do that yet so anyway my teacher wrote me a letter saying remember to send in booklets in ALL of your subjects. oh well I'll get there i just find it alot easier to do the ones i enjoy which is english and legal studies. i have a headache its really annoying!! but my tonsilitis is all cleared up now yay heres hoping i dont get it again! no romance on the horizon for me sad lol nah its alright I'm quite happy being single steering well clear of men lol. Me and my friend went up and had drinks at this guys house the other day and he's the singer in a rock band so he looks sorta rough lol but then i got talking to him and he was actually pretty cool and intelligent he's a chef but wants to do a councelling and social work course next year cos he wants to help troubled youth n that i thought that was rather sweet. But I think he's a racist so that fully put me off him i hate people like that. but he wanted my number and stuff and apparently he was asking if I was seeing anyone argh lol. I'm just so over males atm unless the absoloutly perfect one came along ?(veeeeery unlikely) I love daycare its fantastic, I get everything done, housework, study etc. I like having that little break. that must be tough having Tyler with you all the time especailly when you're trying to get your study done! What do you guys do all day? I find it hard to entertain Diago all day ! Sleep ins wow don't tease me lol. even when mum does have Diago, because shes right upstairs I get him back first thing in the morning and thats anywhere between 6-8am. Well I suppose I better be off, get home and look after my son, mum was taking him out to the playground cos its her day off.
cya
heya
i replied to this yesterday but tyler decided to sit next to me and then he started hitting the buttons next thing i new my laptop went all fuzzy and buggered up. so lets try this again....haha
u will get diago into good routine. it took me 2 and a half years but i got there. it does get easier. i made it hard for myself by giving in and at my old house i was always worried what the neighbours thought when tyler was screaming at night etc. he has a good set of lungs on him thats for sure. now he is in his own bed im really consistent with not letting him sleep in mine unless its the morning. i think that was the biggest hurdle to break the bad habits...n for the first night it took til 4 in the morning but i didn't give up n kept going n thankgoodness it paid off. he is still going to sleep pretty cruisy.
so ur mum lives upstairs? in another unit or...? that must have its positives n negatives...that really sux that he still comes homes between 6-8 !! nice sleep in for ya huh lol. that was how it was for me when i lived at home (few years ago) whenever id go out (not often) id still get woken up first thing in the morning ! i soo love it now that when tyler has a sleep over at nana n pops i dont have to hurry over. its great. makes such a difference but i still dont go out much. realllyyy need to have a night out !
Who's this guy ? he sounds cool that he has a bit of 'depth' n wants to do youth work etc. if he calls are you going to go see him ? ohhh la la. haha. dam men.
yep im a lil more positive about my studies. finished another assignment tonight but dam ink ran out in printer. thankfully its not due for another week so i have time to get some more ink cartridges. i am starting to worry about exams tho n how ill go at that ! but i am not going to even think about that right now ! u have to make jam ? and send it in ? can't u just buy a bottle n claim that its urs ? haha. when are you supposed to have time to make bloody jam?? lol. u have a lot of subjects ! hard to juggle it all aye.
having tyler all the time is great, i love it, but yes it does have its days when it gets hard. like today he has had one tantrum after the other contineously. just ruined the wholee dayyy. am so emotionally drained today but oh well. we do the usual day to day things...washing, cooking, cleaning, shopping. then we do paintings, drawings, collages, go to the park, swimming, picnics etc. that type of thing. today we did the weekly shop n it took us over an hour just to get vege's n milk because tyler was picking out each n EVERY vege to put in the bag. then after we took them home we went to different shops to buy some new paints n we ended up riding the escalator til i was dizzy ! lol. i can't wait til uni break so that when my folks take tyler for a night i can truly just sit bak and relax and actually appreciate the time to myself instead of running frantically to get everything done. oh n study happens at night once tyler is in bed and the house is cleaned bak up for the day etc. its hectic but worth it. i love my lil boy soo much.
well im off to bed. woo going to bed before midnight. yay ! smile
take care n chat again soon.

Danni, WA,

hey

I hope I get him into a good routine I'm sorta waiting till we move out cos atm I just do not have the motivation at all! my best friend came up the other day the one whos trying to get pregnant I miss her soo much we have such a good time together I'm just like "HURRY UP AND GET PREGNANT LOL!" I just can't wait ay and shes really excited aswell, it just needs to happen i am going to be sooo happy! my mum has a house upstairs and I live in the flat underneath except its really small downstairs its all sorta in one room like my lounge is my bedroom and dining room aswell lol so I have my bed, Diagos bed, 1 dresser, 2 sets of drawers, 2 bookshelves and a wardrobe and a tv all in the same room, wow it sounds crapmed but its not THAT bad i suppose. And then I have my kitchen, and in the other room my bathroom and washing machine. It is getting too small for us though so yeah its just a matter of time and waiting. That guy hasn't txt me or rung me or anything but I wouldn't go out with him anyway. not really interested if you knw what i mean. I know lol I'll have to make the jam one morning when Diagos at daycare or otherwise I'll just take a photo of one of my nanas jam and say I made it lol. Thats cool that you're feeling good about your studies I'm sure you'll do fine with your exams( fingers crossed ay! ) Ohk its a bit hard finding things to do with Diago cos hes younger but we genreally find things to do. I always do my groceries when Diagos at daycare lol otherwise it is just too stressful! That'll be good for you to have a break when you get a break from uni ae! geez sounds tiring lol I can't even do the dishes once Diagos asleep cos i'm scared I'll wake him, last night I started them at 8 and he woke up and took over an hour and a half to get him back to sleep (in my bed) and by then I was so tired I just went to sleep and did them in the morning. well I better go anyway talk again soon
hey
i know what you mean about waking them after up after they gone to bed. my biggest tip to you is when you do move out break that habbit aye ! and keep the tv up load etc so he gets used to noise. i did that exact thing and it drove me nuts because he would wake up to any noise...my own fault. when i moved into the place i am now, i have 2 other adults live here (my bro n his gf) but they work away. but when they are home they make so much noise (obviously they are NOT parents!and have noooo idea) but i made it that when me n tyler moved in here i wouldn't tip toe around...thankgoodness i did that !
yep when tyler was younger n at daycare i would do my shoppn then. so much easier. its not too bad now that he is a lil older. i bribe him with if he is good while we do the shopping then he can go on the car ride. and i involve him in the shoppn anyway, he writes out the list everyweek n "reads" it to me at the shop lol n picks out the vege's.
thankfully i never really run out of idea's to do with him. also having worked and been a director of a childcare centre i have files upon files of play experiences n all silly sorts of resources.
haha yeh i would just take a photo of any jam n send it in aye. thats craZy. i think i had something along the lines of that when i did correspondance school, i bought a empty jar and then a jar of jam and swapped it into a diff style jar n took a picture. done ! smile for the cost of say $3 buks. easy.
do you have many friends with chidren ? its great that you will be soo excited and a great support for your friend when she is pregnant ! i'll be great. anddd someone that will truly understand what your talking about when you talk about parenting and being a mum etc..woah does your life change ! and urself as a person too !
how fast are these weeks flying ? i can hardly believe its what april ! thats craZyyyy.
suprised that guy hasn't called ya. ahh well stuff him. sounds like you are just wanting to focus on you and your little man for now aye, good choice. men take too much energy...and most the time its not the good energy wink
anyhooo i am about to make tyler some roast vege's and don't no what else yet but better get to it. hi 5 won't keep his attention much longer.
take it easy.

Danni, WA,

heya

yeah he is good when he first goes to sleep cos he goes into a deep sleep so I have about 45mins and I can make as much noise as I want seriously like I've put the blender on and it doesn't wake him but after about 45mins when hes changing sleep cycles he will wake up really easily cos he's only in a light sleep. Diago is really at an age that he wants to get into EVERYTHING and he wants to do it HIS way so shopping isn't the easiest lol he also always tries to run away from me. I think thats what I'm going to do for the jam i just hope the teacher doesn't ring me and ask me about it lol. I thought I'd just take one of my nanas jam and swap the top cos your supposed to use one of those cellophane tops and best part its free lol. I have a friend with a kid one week older than Diago but she moved away about a year ago so I don't see her very often now only when she comes up. And I have another friend with a boy whos about to turn 1 but I don't see her too often and I have a friend who lives about 2hrs away and her bub is 5wks younger than Diago but we don't see them really ever, we txt quite alot and send letters and photos and stuf. her little girl is gorgeous they stayed on new years eve me and my friend went out then new years day the kids played it was nice smile Thats probably about it most of my friends don't have kids. what about you? everything does change when you have a child but I've gotta say I wouldn't change a thing Diago is the best thing that could've happened to me he's such an awesome little guy and I couldnt imagine life without him now. yup men definitly can't be bothered atm lol. hows things going with that guy you were "seeing" ? good i hope smile I think I'm gunna make sweet and sour chicken for dinner tonight yummy smile
take care
hey
that guy i am seeing im not soo sure wot is happening...he went to work bak up north and left his phone down this way so i haven't heard from him. he let me no he left his phone down here, n that he would ring/text me soon...yet to hear from him. so not too sure. see what happens.
i agree having my lil man has changed my life for the better. and i don't even want to imagine my life wihtout him it. he is absolutely my sole motivation for doing all the hard work i do. he makes every lil thing in my life great ! being a mummy is the best aye !!
i would so do that with the jar ! if ur teacher rings get the question out of her she wants to ask and then say u will have to get bak to her as u are busy with your son. lol then u have time to figure the answer out hahaha.
ohh im soo frustrated ! my mum has got tyler tonite ! so i can study and get my assignment done. i have worked so hard all day that i have done 2 assignments ! and im ready to party ! lol. well not party but i got the night off and im up to date with study so i really want to do something. but not a lot to do.
yeh one of my mates has a son who is 4 weeks younger then tyler. having worked in chidlcare i know heaps of parents with children but i don't realy have the time to catch up with them. so a few of my mates have children but our lives are so different that its hard to catch up.
yeh i remmeber when tyler was at that age of getting into everythinggg. at the moment he is not listening. even when i take his toys away for not listening, no matter how many times i repeat myself....he pretends to ignore me and not listen. very very frustrating !!!!! just another phaseeee lol.
anyhoo im off, hope that jam goes well !

Danni, WA,

hey wow its been a long time since we talked so how have you been??
Me and Diago are good, he really is such a good kid and I feel very lucky to have him, he now goes to daycare 3 mornings a week and 2 full days a week so I can get my study done. Now the time I do have to spend with him I appreciate and love it! we went and fed the ducks yesterday Diago erally loved it he was cracking up laughing cos the ducks were taking the bread out of his hands lol. His new words are "wow, cool" and "train" He says quite alot of words now probably about 50 along with little sentences like "all gone" and "oh dear". Hows your boy doing? and hows things with that guy? No men in my life really although I do kind of like someone. This guy who I slept with years ago when I was only 15 and it wasn't long before I fell pregnant and anyway Diagos dad gave him a hiding for sleeping with me(even though we weren't together at them time) and we've started txting again. I always sort of had a thing for him since years ago. He's a real cutie and he's single. But a bit of a player if you know what I mean, they always seem to be the ones I go for sad unfrotunately. But it would only be a fling anyway hes moving to Spain(very random I know) but god hes gorgeous hehe. And I think he wants me. man I'm so weak lol oh well. I like secret relationships I love the thrill of it. I got quite drunk last night we had a dinner party at my nanas house it was kinda boring so I just drank to make it more fun lol, always works smile I didn't go out in the weekend, havn't done for a few weeks I prefer to spend them with Diago, hangovers aren't worth it! hows your study coming along? mines going okay, getting there slooowly but surely. well I hope to hear from ya soon smile
hey
yeh long time no chat. been so flat out lately. its crazy.
im not seeing that guy anymore...he apologised to me for not ringin but the way i saw it it doesn't take much effort to pick up a phone and ring even if he was out bush ! lol. he still had a chance to ring me n let me no he'd be outa range for a few weeks or what not. so bye bye to him haha. wonder what next idiot will walk into my life lol.
i no what u mean about going for the wrong men. i must have a sign on my head aye.
soo who's this guy of urs ? haha the secret relationship aye ! haha yes the thrill is fun,haven't had one of those in years. but hey if he is moving to spain well you mose well have a lil fun....sounds like u got some unfinished buisness haha.
study is gettn there. have done all the assignments done now. passed all with high distinctions and am just waiting for one more assignment result thats worth 20 % !!. then i have exams in 3-4weeks time ! so trying to study and learn a thing or two but just want to relax !
how was ur mother's day ??
i haven't been going out for awhile now ! too much with uni n study. tyler is great ! he is growing so fast. he just went thru a growths spurt n just about ate me out of the house ! it was crazy. itsw been cold n rainy here the last few weeks on n off so we haven't gotten out much except for the shops etc.
well i gota run, keep me updated on this guy won't ya lol. have funnn tongue

danni

Danni, WA,

hey,
its always good to be busy ae well I reckon anyway. and thats a bummer about that guy but oh well plenty more fish in the sea haha! Well I met up with that guy the other night, It was kinda awkward but yeah... I've deleted his number and if he txts me he txts me. I just don't wana get drunk and then txt him lol thats why I deleted his number. I've been doing a bit of work for my dad lately. He's a photographer so I've been his assistant. He's been doing some school photos, its really draining we work all day from 9 till 3 with NO break! cos we do family photos at lunch time and usually do the staff photo or something at morning tea. But its all good, its money smile Now I've got a weekend with my little man smile yay. not too sure what we gunna do yet though. I just bought Diago some wiggles pjs off trademe. he is obsessed with the wiggles lol. my mothers day was good, Diago(well mum) got me a mug which says "worlds greatest mum" lol. well i better go diagos so grumpy he hasn't had a sleep today so hopefully he goes down for the night soon. talk soon kk
hey
sooo what happened when you caught up with that guy ? were u a good gal ? hahaha. yep u gota hate that when u get drunk n get on ya mobile sending texts lol. bad habit of mine sometimes.
deffinetly good to get some extra money. sounds exhausting but worth it ! i love keping busy, id rather a day where i have lots to get done instead of sitting around home watching the clock kinda thing...tho those days are good once in awhile.
got my last assignment back today...passed ! woohooo !!! so now just gota study for exams...n write sum cheat notes into my books haha...they r in about 3 weeks. 11th n 13th june or something. craZy. can't wait til they are over.
i went shoppn today ! i shouldn't have. i dont have money to blow. but i went and got 2 pairs of boots, one pair grey, one pair brown. both suede material. killer black jacket,,,,heaps warm. and some cool little singlety lacey tops i can wear under the jacket. umm got other stuff too but i can't remembmer. got home at 5 this arvo n was rush rush gettn tyler ready for bed. he goes to bed at 6 these days. iss greattttt. love haven that bita time to myself before i fall into bed too.
yep bummer about that guy of mine, he msg'd me again sayin sorry...but i just can't be stuffed with it. just don't think of him the same way anymore. might have someone new thoooo....my mate who is married, she is tryin to set me up with one of her mates. haven't met him yet tho. been busy. but he sounds okay, been msgn him n he seems ok guy.
well i gota run. soo much to do...gota try these boots on hahahahha.
chat again soon.
Danni

Danni, WA,

Sign in to follow this topic