Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Your Relationships
  5. i knew i was setting myself up to be hurt

i knew i was setting myself up to be hurt Lock Rss

woohooo you go gal !
you sound a lot stronger in your last post.
thats great that you won't be going to the house anymore and regarding the gym why dn't you try go at different times so you don't have to see him there of all places !
i think its great that you are focusing more on a house and your little son.
its really hard to have 'sex with no strings' cuz sometimes us gals aren't so good at keeping our emotions out of it..especially when the simple act of a hug n snuggle can mean so much more to us. hope you stay strong and keep away from him.
yep my life is much better since he has moved out.i missed him quite a bit in the first week or so and had my sad times but then i got over it and refused to get upset over it. i guess it makes it easier when i don't have time to get upset over it anyway because my son takes up my time 24/7 wich i love of course ! smile
anywaz keep in touch. glad we got something in common can relate too. lets hope the next men that come into our lives aren't such players !!
danni

Danni, WA,

I thought i was getting stronger but todays been a really bad day i got my new car and everything was going great then i decided to txt him to see if he wanted to come to the gym, he didnt even txt me back which just made me think hes probably with the other girl hes sleeping with, i dont know why i cant get him out of my head i feel so depressed
hey hun
thats great about getting a new car ! luky thing !
of course sometimes he is going to pop into your head, and the temptation to msg him is sometimes too hard to resist...i know that feeling ! but when he doesn't reply and you think he is with another chik its probably best to leave it.
what are you looking for in this guy ? it sounds like you deff want more than a friendship...but he is not up for that. and he doens't even know the way you feel ?
i suppose you have two choices. leave him alone or tell him how you feel. have a think about it and decide what your going to do..you shouldn't get down and depressed over it tho...thats not good for you or your son.
hope the rest of your day gets a lil better. cheers up. and put your head up high gal !!

Danni, WA,

I hardly ever msg him and if he doesnt txt back i leave it at the that i dont keep txtn him or anything. In a way I dont want a relationship because i do find it hard to have a bf and keeping a man and my son happy and in the end of course my son is the most important person in my world. I just want to keep what we have, friends with benefits but i just wish he wasnt sleeping wiht other girls. I'm trying not to get down about but it is sooo hard.
Its great to have friends with benefits, but not when they are also getting "benefits" elsewhere. You are being used, you deserve way better than that. I know you're not looking for someone else to come into your life but even so, sometimes you have to let go of the old to let the new come in. Maybe keep him as a mate if you really like him but you need to stop sleeping with him. I dont wanna sound like your mum but you dont know who else he is sleeping with and where they have been, whether he is using protection with them etc.
What is it about him that you like so much, maybe you should have a think about it and if you really do have feelings for him then let him know how you feel and see how it goes from there.

hey
how'd the rest of your day go ? better i hope.
maybe you need to talk him about what is bothering you. ask him if he is sleeping with anyone else or if its just you ? if he tells you its just you and you know thats not the truth then maybe you should cut your losses and move on. i wouldnt' like to have a friend with benefits and know he has other friends with benefits or whatver. that would make me feel used or horrible and taken advantage of.
don't settle for than hun.
everyone here supports you and tells you that you deserve better but its time for you to believe that to. a friend with benefits shouldn't be this hard or cause you so much sadness.
have a chat with him and get things out in the open and see what happens....if you don't nothing is going to change. put it out on the table darl.
aww men ! they can be such pains in the ass sometimes !! ....SORRY to the men out there that are decent but i have yet to find one..hence being a single mum haha.

Danni, WA,

hey i feel like im doing ok i even deleted his number. he txtd me the other morning saying to give him a txt if im going to the gym so i did but he said he couldnt come and txt him tomorow. i txtd him yesterday when i was going he didnt txt back again so i thought screw him and deleted his number. it only really hurts when i think about being with him not just sex but cuddles and kisses and some things he said to me and the way he looked at me and i think omg ill never be with him again and that makes me feel like shit because i do miss it. but im trying to be strong and just focus on me and Diago. i have such a beautiful little boy and thats what I've got to remember now. I'm going to try really hard to focus on my study and actually get it done because eveything thats been going on lately i just havnt been motivated enough to do it but its time to do something fo me. what i really feel like doing is going and buying some new clothes and sexy underwear and getting my hair cut to make myself feel better but i cant really afford that atm lol. thankyou so much for listening and talking to me its really helped me to talk about it and realise that he isnt worth it.
heya
man we had a windy night last night and i couldn't get my home phone or internet working ! completely sucked lol.
i think your doing the right thing aye, and i think you know you are too...tho it may not make it any easier. those special moments you had with him..the cuddles,kisses, lil chats...he has probably had those moments with other chiks too so don't let yourself get upset over it.........im so sorry if that hurts to hear, just that that is how i thought of it when my housemate stuffed me over and it helped.
yeh i would so love to go get a haircut. shopping and sexy underwear ! but mostly a haircut ! it needs a trim bad, im tempted to do it myself lol.
your lil man is sooo adorable !! he is a spunky lil monkey. its funny how they can cheer us up with a little smile or cuddle..thats the most important thing in life.
hope your still going strong.

Danni, WA,

hey aw no that sucks. I know I am doing the right thing and i know your trying to help by saying he probably did that with other chicks too but it just makes it hurt more so i try not to think about it at all. any time i think about him i get upset so i just try not to think about him! I'm just trying to tell myself it will get better with time because i know that it will and i will eventually get over him. I did manage to buy myself some new denim short shorts and a new top which was nice but i really need a haircut too lol. Diago has just learnt to kiss and its so gorgeous when he gives me a big kiss because he doesnt do it often. just melts my heart every time i love him so much. i am doing good have my good moments and bad when i just cry my eyes out but it'll get better and I know that now smile btw how old is your son if you dont mind me asking?
hey hun
awww sorry if it hurt more to read that...i take it backkkk lol.
gota give yaself time, u'll get there.
aw you went shopping !!!! i so want to. had to go into uni today and pick up some books for me course.....totally freaking out !! this shit looks hard....a lil too hard ! lol.
just jeans/ or jeans west have been having wikid sales at the moment. i got a whole bunch of shorty shorts in denim and all diff styles and colours for like 20buks each.
my lil boy is 2 and a half years old. and can be quite the handful at times haha but i love him soo much. never thought you could love someone so much until i had him. he gets me through anything. aww those first few kisses they give you is so sweet especially as they are rare. how old is your lil bundle of joy?

Danni, WA,

heya
aw thats ok its just easier not to think about the as shole. i try think about the bad things about him lol and I realise now he wont think about me at all so theres no point in wasting my time thinking about him! yeah I just went and did a quick bit of shopping yesterday morning while Diago was at daycare I had to go into town anyway to change over ownership papers for my car and sort out my insurance and i had a little bit of time left over so thought I'd have a quick look and well i cant go into a clothes shop and see something i like and not buy it lol. What are you sutdying at uni? I'm still doing my school work cos i dropped out of high school when i was 15 so im getting that done, very slowly i might add, so i can go onto do something at polytech. Aw terrible twos aye? Diago is 19mnths tomorrow and he is definitly a handful lol he gets into EVERYTHING and he is a climber he climbs on anything and everything. but he can be a sweetheart too. I love him to bits and i love seeing him learn new things. does your sons dad see him much? Diagos dad lives up north and we havnt seen him since october.
hey
im the same, i can't walk into a shop and not buy something or
basically anything lol.tho i am getting better with it.
i think you have the right mind set to stay away from him. you sound stronger already and i think with time you will be fine. its funny how you realise how strong you are.
im doing teaching at uni. ive done a bunch of other study but thought this would extend on it and it would really work well when he is at school.....me working school hours and getting the holidays off etc.
yep he is going through terrible two's, not sleeping at night and lately telling me to shut-up and saying god sake. not my words...i live with my brother and his gf and they always say shutup and my mother (whom i don't live with) always says god sake. hopefully he will learn that they are not nice words and stop using them. he only uses them when he is really angry so hopefully i can help him find better words to use.
i don't see my son's dad at all. he walked out on us after he was born. i have never seen him again, he has made it pretty clear that he wants nothing to do with me or our son. funny thing is we don't live far away from each other. maybe 15minutes drive.
what are you going to do once you finish your studies? thats great that you are finishing your schooling. thats the first step. there is plenty of opportunities for you to get where you want. don't worry. stick with it. you can reach any dreams you want to.

Danni, WA,

Sign in to follow this topic