Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Your Relationships
  5. i knew i was setting myself up to be hurt

i knew i was setting myself up to be hurt Lock Rss

when i started sleeping with one of my closest friends flat mates but it doesnt make this any easier. I should have kept my hands off him but i couldnt. I was already starting to like him but i KNEW it was strictly "casual" and that we were strictly only "friends". i KNEW he was sleeping with other girls. im stupid i know but it doesnt make the hurt go away and it doesnt make my pain any less real. i was out in town with my friend this morning and we went back to her house afterwards, ds was with us too. and this guy who i wont name was home in his bedroom with the door shut with another girl. i just wanted to break down then and there the truth was finally right in front of my face. i was so naive to think MAYBE we could have something. as soon as i left i just burst into tears and drove home crying even as i write this i am trying not to cry, ds is sleeping. i always pretend to this guy that i dont care and i only like him as a friend. why do i do this to myself i dont know. and i even think i am going to invite him to the gym this afternoon what is wrong with my why cant i stay away from him. and i cant talk to my friend about this because she has just broken up with her boyfriend of one year who lives with the guy who i like so i need to be here for her and keep my feelings locked up besides my problems are pathetic compared to hers. sorry for rambling please dont reply if your only going to critisise me cos i already feel shit enough
oh you poor thing, that has to hurt.
Hope you are ok, you do deserve better
(( hugs))
Kym
Hun you are deserve more than a 'casual' bed buddy relationship. He is not worth your tears or your emotions. Forget him and move on- free yourself up from this guy who is essentially using you for se x and leave yourelf open to meeting your Mr Right. This guy is not him- at least not at this point in his life.

You are worth more than a booty call. Believe it and act like it. Expect more from a relationship and you will get more. Good luck with finding someone to share a loving relationship with. Please try to distance yourself (at least sexually) from this guy. Tell him you are not prepared to be someones s ex on tap- you deserve more and want more.
unfortunately we cant control who we develop feelings for.

it sounds like its best just to leave him be (as hard as that is, trust me i know ive been there before) you will eventualy get over him.

we are all here to listen.
thanks for that it makes me feel better although i have started crying again im so pathetic i know. i cant not see him because i hang out with my friend nearly everyday and he is quite often there and this guy is sooo smooth it is hard to say no i need to be strong i know but it is sooo hard my head is telling me hes not worth it but i always give in
thanks mummytocuties i know i will get over him eventually because i have been through it before aswell but at the time it feels like the end of the world iykwim
You are not pathetic- you are human!!! It is easy to fall into a relationship like this especially if you are lonely and looking for company, a cuddle, someone to make you feel wanted.

The thing is though this guy only wants you on his terms- that is not good enough for you or your DS. There are wonderful men out their- they are just mixed in whith a lot of crappy ones!!!! Be strong and think about what you want for yourself and your DS in the future- this guy isn't it. Maybe hang out with your friend in other places for a while until you get this guy out of your head a little more.
Hey there hon, hold your head up high and be the woman you want to be, and that is not someones fun. It is hard as you have already been told we can not help our feelings and affections but you need to think about you now, think about the wonderful children you have and wonderful person you are. I know about the hurt and the loneliness but honest you deserve more and you need expect more for yourself. Go to the gym, have a good work out and release all those emotions, don't be afraid to cry, it is better out then in. Stay strong and true to what you want and need from a man and the day will come when you have a loving and respectful partner. Big hugs x

Leigha''s little men smile

Posted by:dees*3*divas
You are not pathetic- you are human!!! It is easy to fall into a relationship like this especially if you are lonely and looking for company, a cuddle, someone to make you feel wanted.

The thing is though this guy only wants you on his terms- that is not good enough for you or your DS. There are wonderful men out their- they are just mixed in whith a lot of crappy ones!!!! Be strong and think about what you want for yourself and your DS in the future- this guy isn't it. Maybe hang out with your friend in other places for a while until you get this guy out of your head a little more.

Exactly!!!! I couldn't have put it better myself!
You are definately not pathetic! Don't you dare think of yourself that way!

You are a woman, a mother. You deserve so much more than what this man gives you and you are worth more!
[Edited on 31/01/2008]

thanks it feels good to have someone to talk to about this because i havnt told ANYONE how i feel about him i just act like i dont care but inside its tearing me up and he is always on my mind. i kept telling myself to stop because i knew this was how it would end but i still couldnt help it and couldnt control myself when i was around him. and to make it worse his ex who he was with for 4yrs and they only recently broke up is coming up(she lives 6hrs away) to stay with him tonight for the weekend now im just going to be thinking about them together but i am definitly NOT goin round there while shes there it will just hurt too bad. all men around me right now just seem to be wankers where are the good ones!!!
The good ones turn up at unexpected times and in unexpected places- I know I found mine when I was well and truely not looking!!!!!

dee is so right.

I hated all men and told them so - then DH came along.

this guy is a turd.

just do not lower yourself to go back again - he'll always be a player.

Sign in to follow this topic