Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Your Relationships
  5. anyone got pregnant whilst breastfeeding

anyone got pregnant whilst breastfeeding Rss

Has anyone out there fallen pregges whilst breastfeeding?
My baby is 9 months and i am still breastfeeding him...i am not on the pill but i have heard that you cant get pregnant while still breastfeeding, but the other day i came across someone who was telling a story that her friend did....maybe i should just get on that pill...
Hi - yes you can. I was breastfeeding and became pregnant when my son was 7 months. I was still feeding him 5 times a day.

prince 12/10/05 Prince 15/1/07 Princess 25/10/08

Hi - yes you can. I was breastfeeding and became pregnant when my son was 7 months. I was still feeding him 5 times a day.

Oh geez...I'm getting on that pill right away! I love being a mum, but i dont feel ready for another one right now!

Did you get your period at all before you became pregnant?
Yep if you dont want to get PG you need to protect yourself as BFing isnt a foolproof contraceptive......

Yep you can get PG before you even see the return of AF, as you ovulate before AF.......
sorry about the double post.... No i didn't have my period at all. As you could imagine i was very suprised to find out i was going to be the mother of 2 under 2

You can use breastfeeding as a form of contraception, but you have to be like an army mum and feed them like every 4 hours without fail or something. Even then its not foolproof! I didn't get my period back until I stopped breastfeeding with both my kids, but I still didn' take the chance. If you want to go back on the pill when you are still breastfeeding though, you have to take a mini pill as the normal ones are too strong for bubs. But I'm sure your doctor will advise you on this.

As with 2littlemen I got pregnant while feeding my son at 7 months. I didn't get my AF at all so didn't even think I was ovulating! I didn't know I was pregnant till I was 8 weeks because I had no illness or anything. I put the sore boobs down to my first son's new teeth coming through! I only took the test cause my husband said I was behaving a little strange! I told him that I bloody knew what it felt like to be pregnant and I definitely wasn't so just took it to shut him up! Lo and Behold he was right! I thought I was covered while feeding too!! Don't take the chance if your not ready! I didn't think I was ready for number 2, but it only took me a day to come around to the idea of having two under 17 months!
i got preg with daughter whilst bf my eldest son and then got preg with my youngest whilst still bf my daughter

Arrghhhh! Your all scaring me! I have been using protection but I havn't been s carfeul as I should be. I'm so not ready to have another baby. I love my son so much but if I fall pregnant again so soon I'll have to sell my business. Thanks for putting up this post it has been a wake up call.
you sure can!!!

I was breastfeeding # 2 (he was 1 yr) and fell pregnant with # 3.

when I was breastfeeding # 3 (he was 9 months) I fell pregnant with # 4.

Amy

Sign in to follow this topic