Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Children's Medical Research Institute (Closed Forum)

Children's Medical Research Institute (Closed Forum)

Lauraine

This forum is now closed!

We would like to thank Dr Jane Fleming from the Children's medical research institute for taking ...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Lauraine

What is this forum all about?

This forum has been set up for our members to ask questions relating to the work performed by the...

racheal.ela-rose

tetralogy of fallot

jane could you tell me how close they are to finding the causes of tetralogy of fallot, if there ...

2 replies

I just found out at 31 weeks my little girl has tetralogy of fallot along with a right aortic arch I can't really help but just...

BeePitman

Oral Thrush or Ulcers

When my daughter was 2 she had a bad case of Oral thrush. She had previously had Oral thrush when...

AndreaQ

Middle toes under others

My little girl was born with the middle toe on each foot tucked under the others. They seriously ...

1 reply

Hi my little miss has her toes crossed too! The toe next to her big toe always sits below the 3rd toe on both feet. My aunty is a mi...

wintbella

influneza a virus

hi, this flu is alarming, what do i look out for and is there vaccine?

Turned eye.

My son has a turned eye. He has had two lots of surgery. One at 18 months and one at 3 years. He...

RCD5B8

spina bifida

my son was born with a lump on his bum and we were told he has a mild form of spina bifida can i ...

2_Sweetpeas

Is it Autism?

My beautiful 11 month old daughter has recently stoppped saying "mum" and "dad" (which she starte...

1 reply

Social skills * Fails to respond to his or her name * Has poor eye contact * Appears not to hear you at times * Resists cuddling an...

LT56CD

Should I be worried if my 5month old son pulls his hair out when hes upset from the back of his head?

When he gets upset or frustrated my 5mnth old boy puts his hands on the back of his head and pull...

The Horto''''''''s

Baby thrush

I have 5 wk old twin girls. I have taken them to the doctor who said they have thrush on their pr...

AS0075

Dislocated Hips

Hi, Was wondering if you can help me. I have a 9 weeks old baby girl who has got hip displacia an...

CD23B9

Vascular birth marks

Hi I am also interested in vascular birth mark info. My daughter (11 weeks) has one on her face a...

4sofar

vascular malfomation

would like some info related to vascular malfomation,in the vaginal area and leg area, any help w...

RaisingBoys!

Baby Needle

Hi, my two month old recently got his needles and for the past 3 weeks still has a small ball lik...

MHC428

Prader-willi Syndrome

My daughter has PWS with adeletion of the 15th Chromosone. What are the standards in Australia in...

Genetics? Or just a childhood chest bone?

Hi there, I have a question.. My daughter is almost four. Ever since she was a baby she has had ...

3 replies

I have the round chest bone, and sorry to say I'm 24 now and it still hasn't gone away! I had tests and xrays when I was a kid I do...

What determines height of your child

I was told yesterday that to work out how tall your child will be as an adult, you take the heigh...

1 reply

Height is determined by both genes and the environment; it is therefore described as multifactorial. The genes involved are not kno...

sweet pea

should i get my kids tested for ADD?

hi my question is how do u if you should get your child tested for ADD and is it genitic? The r...

1 reply

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. <b>Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Di...

Brenda4

ocular albinism

I have ocular albinism which means I have pretty poor vision. We were pretty sure my husband isn...

1 reply

Dear Brenda Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. Albinism is a genetic condition caused by changes in a number of g...

JungleGal

Aspergers

Hello we have seen a child psychologists who feels our son may have aspergers. I have been searc...

3 replies

Dear Caleb’s Mum Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. Asperger syndrome is a complex condition and part of a group ...

3greatkids

Kidney Failure

Our Daughter is now 16 months old and has Kidney failure. Drs here in NZ can not come up with a ...

1 reply

Dear Kyla’s Mum I am sorry to hear that your daughter has kidney failure. The causes of kidney failure are many and varied so witho...

riccoby3

Type 1 Diabetes

Hello... Im wanting to know a couple of things. We are currently trying to get pregnant again wi...

1 reply

Dear Jayne The Australian Diabetes in Pregnancy Society consensus guidelines for the management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes in rel...

fluxmum

Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux

I have heard a gene has been identified that may be responsible for Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux in ...

2 replies

Hi fluxmum I am not sure if you still come to this site but thought I would reply just in case. Both my children had reflux. There...

gilliancarr

psoriatic arthropothy

Hi there Can you tell me if there is a gene/chromosome that could be isolated or tested for the ...

1 reply

Dear Gillian Although, there is no one gene that is linked to psoriasis or psoriatic arthropathy, it is believed that there is a ge...

sue-lisa

Peanut Allergy

Hi there Yesterday, I gave my 9 month old daughter a peanut butter sandwich and she broke out int...

1 reply

Dear Sue-Lisa I do not know of any genetic predisposition to peanut allergy. It would be best to consult your doctor or a dietician ...

mum_to_matt

Babies born with a hole in the heart

Hi, I am almost 30 weeks pregnant and have just been told tonight by the babies father, that ther...

2 replies

Hi All I can say to you is knowledge is power! You know about this now, and you are in a position to have the test done. You and ...

rach24

cleft palate

Hi my name is rachael I have currently had a baby with cleft palate of the soft palate. I find it...

2 replies

Hi Rachael, Not sure if you know but there is an Australian CleftPals Organisation. Contact tracey.law@bigpond.com she is in Victor...

Sarah E

How can I make sury my child is getting enough to eat??

Hi Jane My daughter is 20 months old and was born with Galactosaemia. She has been on the low en...

Happy-Mumma-2-1

does anyone know what renal pelves?

hi im 19yrs old and am 31 wks pregnant and the baby has a dilated renal pelves (kidney) as dr's a...

1 reply

Dear Stacey I think you are asking about renal pelvis dilation (RPD), which can be called mild hydronephrosis. It has been reported...

muddles

kidney reflux

Hi my 19mth old baby girl has just been diagnosed with catagory 3 kidney reflux can you tell me e...

1 reply

Hello Lisa Kidney reflux is a common disorder found in approximately 1-2% of children. It is caused by the reverse flow of urine fr...

mistermurphy

potential allergy?

My 14 month old son has eaten peanut butter before without any problems, however last time, where...

1 reply

It would be best to consult your doctor or a dietician regarding a peanut allergy. I’m sorry that I can’t offer you further guidance...

Dna Testing

Hi, i know that this doesn't sound good but i'm 6 1/2mths pregnant and need to get a dna test on ...

1 reply

Dear Ally I am unsure whether the DNA testing is to test the baby for a genetic condition? If this is the case the testing can be ...

Congenital Heart Defects

Recently our first child died of a cardiac arrest. After an autopsy we were told she had a numbe...

2 replies

hi, i couldnt even imagine what you have been through, i do feel for you, your husband and family. my first child was born with CHD...

congenital motor nustagmus

My 10.5 month old son has a motor nystagmus that was diagnosed at 6 months. He has had a MRI tha...

1 reply

Congenital motor nystagmus is caused by involuntary ocular oscillations (eye movements). It is not yet known whether the problem lie...

Choroid Plexus Cysts

I was wondering if you could help? I'm 22 years old and am having my first baby (25weeks), i just...

2 replies

Hi Just to put your mind at ease, i too had a scan which showed these cysts on baby. I panicked and looked up the internet (bad id...

catherine shell

hydraseal

my 5 month old has fluid in his scrotum the hcn said if its still there by the time hes 12 month...

1 reply

Hydrocele Babies are sometimes born with a hydrocele, which is caused by fluid that has collected in the scrotum. Usually when a te...

mum to two

yeast allergy

My 11 mth old boy has just been told he is allergic to yeast with a non invasive allergy test. Wh...

1 reply

Yeast allergy Food allergies are caused by antibodies to food proteins and it usually involves one of two foods. It affects mainly...

barbados07

lactose intolerance

I have a 9 month old daughter who was recently admitted to hospital and diagnosed with Bronchioli...

1 reply

<b>Lactose intolerance</b> Lactase enzyme is produced in the small intestine and it is responsible for the digestion of...

ang16840

turned eye

when i was about 9mnths my eye turned to the inside i had an operation later which fixed it. but ...

1 reply

Dear Angie At present the cause for most cases of turned eye or strabismus is unknown, but it is known that in some families geneti...