Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Transition from breast feeding to formula

Transition from breast feeding to formula Lock Rss

I am trying to wean my almost 4 week old baby onto formula. I have struggled with feeding and do not enjoy it, I don't think I was producing enough milk for her. I have been supplementing her with formula and have started replacing 2 entire feeds with formula in a 24 hour period. Does anyone have any advice as to how to wean completely? Time frame etc. I don't want to end up in to much pain with engorged breasts!
My son is 5 weeks old now. I am also trying to give formula once in a day .
I talked to my midwife and she said just stop breast feeding, wear a tight bra and for 3 or 4 days I will be uncomfortable but should sort itself out after that. She didn't recommend a transition as such, she said if I've made the decision to go bottle just do it.
Never used formula. I just found my bubs slowly weaned and my milk slowly went down when they started eating. There really is no secret.
I haven't weaned my baby yet, however have you considered pumping your breast milk and then topping it up with formula? I believe cabbage leaves can dry up a milk supply quickly
Just slowly decrease your breastfeeding feeds each day and replace with formula. I transitioned to full formula in 1week. Don't just stop breastfeeding you will get really engorged and you could get mastitis.
Sign in to follow this topic