Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Bottle fed 6weekold feeding too often??

Bottle fed 6weekold feeding too often?? Rss

Hi,

I have decided to bottle feed my 6 week old bubba, im giving him s-26 Gold..He is feeding ever 2-3 hours during the day but usually goes longer at night. He has between 60-100ml every feed. Is this normal as my midwife said a few weeks ago he should be going 4 hours ish. What can i do to get him to go longer? Im worried hes not satisfied. Please Help!
Tiffany21..YummyMummy wrote:
Hi,

I have decided to bottle feed my 6 week old bubba, im giving him s-26 Gold..He is feeding ever 2-3 hours during the day but usually goes longer at night. He has between 60-100ml every feed. Is this normal as my midwife said a few weeks ago he should be going 4 hours ish. What can i do to get him to go longer? Im worried hes not satisfied. Please Help!

My now 6 month old fed every hour when breastfed and now has formula and feeds every 2-3 hours, both my children never fed every four hours and my midwife, doctor and the healthcare nurse said this was fine. All children have different needs and have growth spurts at different stages. Feed when your baby is hungry and don't go so much on the time:) My first born use to have 120ml around 6 weeks old as the 60ml wasn't enough for her.
hey that is perfectly normal, our wee girl goes anywhere between 2-4 hours and drinks between 75-100ml and like the above poster said, it should be demand feeding at this stage similar to breast, so your baby seems to be on the right track xoxo

why is it an issue for him to feed that often I am sure you would drink often I know I do. As a choice to bottle feed the back of the tin is a guide only not set in stone. Feed him when he is hungry
Sign in to follow this topic