Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Child father Rss

Just need some advise I have a two year old daughter who the father had nothing to do with my child, i had inform him when she was born but he only came to see once and that was it..anyway never contacted him at for last two years, tried to give my child the best that i can to raise her like any other child, she is lovely and does not give me any issues anyway when she was born, the father was not added on to birth certificate as he refuse to sign the documents, tried to register her in South Africa they also requires fathers signature etc,and rules have been changed in last 5yrs not sure what do as my child does not have a passport at the moment/residency/citizenship even though I am a resident and immigration is telling me they will deport her, which i found it very funny that the NZ government will do, but she is born here, whereas she is not even registered in my country..tried contacting father again he has changed his number or blocked my phone, move out of his place and don't have any contacts..any advise would be welcome..don't know what to do.. and stressing me.
you poor thing, shocking situation! i would call the NZ version of centerlink and speak to a social worker. they may be able to get your daughter a residency until the situation has resolved. you may also be able to get a birth certificate without the fathers details on it. im in Australia so not sure of the numbers but an NZ muma will know.
hope everything sorts for you soon smile
x
Contact a migration agent. If her father is a citizen then you can request a paternity test and have him put on the birth certificate that way. Get some legal advice anyway.

Contact a migration agent. If her father is a citizen then you can request a paternity test and have him put on the birth certificate that way. Get some legal advice anyway.
Thank you all for your responses and advise,I was trying to avoid the legal way and just try and sort out things, but maybe I should go the law way, and hope good will come out of this.thanks again, much appreciated.
Sign in to follow this topic