Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Soy/Goats Formula? Lock Rss

Hello

I have a 4 month old who has "power chucked" and had extreme diarroeah the past couple of days. I took her to the dr who suggested to try soy milk as she may be lactose intolerant. (she also refused s26 gold).
I have tried the s26 soy but she only drinks about 40ml and won't drink anymore.
I have heard that goats formula tastes sweeter but I'm not sure of any brands.
Has anyone had any luck with getting a baby to drink soy or knows of goats formula?
Suggestions will be appreciated smile
Hi, its happened to my DD when she was 5/6 months same as u describe. I gave her karicare soy, u can find it in pharmacy, but again, the taste not sweet i guess.. a bit green taste:) Good luck.
Hi Chindy,

Has your bubba always been lactose intolerant?
My DS had diarrhea for 2 weeks as a result of lactose intolerance, and I was suggested by the paed to either continue with the normal gold formula and just wait until the body adapts to lactose or to change the lactose-free one, which could be costly in the long run. The paed also mentioned that if I changed the formula, then the stool would also change, it could mean constipation or more diarrhea. So I stick to the same formula and wait until he got used to it. It worked.

Soy based formula doesnt contain any sucrose / sugar. It's not sweet and probably tastes yucky. But it's lactose-free.

Goat milk contains lactose but it's easier to digest than cow's milk. I think the consistency is more like BM.

I'd personally go for goat milk if it wasnt too pricey. Anyway, if you want, you can always ring them and ask for a sample before buying the whole tin:)
Sign in to follow this topic