Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Out of interest....how many times a night does your baby wake per night?

Out of interest....how many times a night does your baby wake per night? Lock Rss

I have a 9 mth old who wakes 4-6 times per night.....

just out of interest, how old is your baby, and how many times a night does he/she wake?

I suppose I just need to feel like I'm not alone. I'm so tired!

Your responses would be great.
PS. Can anyone recommend a sleep consultant?
Ds is 6.5 months. He wakes 1-2 times a night once for a feed and the other just to get to sleep. Thats on a good night. He can wake every hour others but thats not that often
Im following a book called The baby whisperer really like the techniques. Have turned my bub from a napper to having longer sleeps in the day in 3 days (knock on wood it stays this way!!) and then going to work on the night.
Hope it gets easier for you soon! good luck
dd is 7 months and wakes between 5-7, could be more i dont bother counting now, its just lots! so you are not alone. she wakes every 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. occasionly she will go 2-3 hours. It has just got worse lately. I do the wrong thing and just put her in my bed so i get some sleep. Also hold her to go to sleep. )i know i shouldnt, but its all that works!) Spoke to CYH today and she told me to stay in there and pat her, dont talk and keep putting her down. It worked for her afternoon nap and when i put her bed tonight. I will see how i go tonight whether im strong or not!! I have a 2 year old, so i dont want to wake her up either. im crossing my fingers that it wont take to many days of fighting.
My DS is 8.5months old & although he has slept right through (7pm-6:30am) he's only done this a few times. Most nights I get up 1-4times! It's hard, but I know one day he won't need me at all, so I try & make the most of those extra quiet cuddles.

Becaltay - why do you think it's bad that you sleep with your DD & rock her to sleep?? I think there is nothing more beautiful than holding your precious baby as he/she drops of to sleep. How nice must it be for them. My DS has been rocked, fed & cuddled to sleep from about 4months & he can absolutely still settle himself when he feels like it. It has done nothing detrimental to us at all & I know many others on here would feel the same. If you want to rock your baby to sleep because it's the easiest way to get her there, then do it. Don't listen to anyone else telling you "you're making a rod for your back" & all the other things they say! It's crap!! And I for one, would much rather have my baby go off to sleep peacefully & feel secure than not!! Just a thought smile

My DD is 7.5 months and she used to sleep right through since 6wks but for about a month now shes been waking about 3-4 times a night

My DS is 5 months old and is waking up 2 times a night at the moment. He is drinking all of his bottles so I am assuming he is hungry and I know this will end at some stage. He is also teething so that probably isn't helping. Very occasionally he wake three times but that is a bad night. I hope it settles down for you soon.
0!!!

if you had asked me the same questions 7 weeks ago the answer would have been 3-6 times.

we had a sleep consultant out who was fantastic. the first night he slept through and has continued ever since. if he wakes he will just babble to himself and then go back to sleep when he is ready.

after 1 week he was back to self settling too, now he only protests at being put to bed occasionally, and it will only be for a couple of minutes.

at bedtime at night he never complains as he knows it is time for his big sleep.

we used the goodnight nurse. www.thegoodnightnurse.com.au if you want a look. i have a testimonial on there.

she is in WA but does packages for eastern states clients.
[Edited on 09/04/2009]

omg i couldnt handle waking up 4-6times a night, i thought twice was bad enough.

my dd is 11weeks and goes to bed by 9.30-10pm with full bottle of 150mls then wakes up sometimes at 3.30am or 4.30am the goes back to sleep for at least 2-3 hrs, when she sick, like now she wakes up 2-3 times, my 2 boys wake up at 6am, they r 2 and 4yrs old.

izacc,ethan and mya

I don't know how you ladies do it!

I feel a bit guilty after reading all your posts as DS (7.5 months) has slept through every night since 8 weeks, fingers crossed. He is BF and started on soilds (3 meals).

I remember what the 1st couple of weeks were like, having him wake 2 or 3 times, don't think I could have survived til now if he had continued. I put our 'sleep' down to following a great routinue from 2 weeks of age, it has been a godsend.

Hope you all get some sleep soon.

From a quilty Mum.
[Edited on 16/04/2009]

MichasMummy, probably the only reason i say its bad is because others say so, but to be honest i dont really care. (thus why i still do it!) i enjoy my cuddles with her at night. it is hard though rocking to sleep when i have my 2 year old who wakes her up (just through playing)or when she wakes up everytime i put her down, and i cant hold her sleeping all the time because i need to spend time with dd1. it is just getting a bit much with her waking so much even when sleeping with me!
I do agree tataly with you in that i would rather her going to sleep peacefully and feeling secure. i am not a controlled crying person, cant do it. also rocked dd1-just finding it more difficult with the 2 of them!
Good on you! I've stopped telling people what I do with my baby coz they just tell me I'm completely spoiling him, which is crap! Hmmmm, I see what you mean about having the 2 kids though. I've only got the one at the moment, so I guess it's easy for me to say keep rocking her! I'm not sure that I could with another one either.......though I'd probably try!! Have you had a look at the Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution?? She has suggestions in there to help with babies waking up when you put them down, etc. Even on waking when co-sleeping. It's really good - I use it for a few issues, but at the moment not the rocking to sleep. I really do enjoy it mostly, though sometimes it gets a little hard! What about a sling?? Not sure if that would be practical for you though? I'll be in the same boat when I have my next one! I'll come back to you & find out what you did!!

My girl is 8 and a half months, and wakes a minimum of 3 times a night, but anywhere up to 6 times.
Sign in to follow this topic