Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Are there any Bulk Billing Dr's (for kids) Nth Gold Coast?

Are there any Bulk Billing Dr's (for kids) Nth Gold Coast? Lock Rss

Hello

my little girl is fairly healthy but we are trying for a 2nd child and my Dr does not bulk bill kids. Each Dr visit for DD in the past has been very expensive with both Dr fees and medicines. I am having real trouble finding a Dr on the Northern Gold Coast that does bulk bill kids. Anyone know of a good bulk billing Dr? unsure
I have noticed latly that alot of doc dont advertise if they bulk bill or not. I have found a really good Doc at the easy T cetre at robina, if your willing to go for a drive. They bulk bill. I cant remember his name though he is the owner of the med centre and the one in Robina town centre (cha ching!)...the girls at the desk would be able to tell you who he is. Very through...and a lovely bedside manner. I will only go to him from now on with the kids.
Sorry, his name escapes me...though if I find a business card I will post it.
The Primary Medical Centre on Southport Nerang Road. The only problem is they don't take appointments - you just show up and check in and wait. I love my regular doctor so usually wait an hour to see her, but if you are in a hurry and don't want to see any particular doctor you can ask to see the 'next available' and the waiting time is much shorter.
Thanks PipPop, however Robina is too far for us to travel for a Dr. AB79 thanks for that info, will keep that in mind.
Hi, Healthfirst Arundel bulk bill for all kids under the age of 16 and they also sometimes bulk bill for adults if you have a healthcare card (depends on the doctor and the appointment) they are located in Arundel Plaza Shopping Centre on Napper Road.
Hi 3 beans, thanks for that, we are in Runaway Bay so that's not too far for us to travel. It seems that bulk billing Dr's are pretty elusive! I have only found one in my area that advertises that they do bulk bill children.
Dr Islam at Oxenford Medical Centre on Michigan Drive bulk bills children - not sure if he takes new patients but you can always ask. There are other doctors there who I am sure would also bulk bill.
If in doubt Primary Medical Centre as mentioned above is a sure winner. My advice with no appointments is to turn up in the afternoon as all the oldies who come all the time seem to be there in the morning and are usually gone in the afternoon making the wait shorter.

Thanks PipPop, however Robina is too far for us to travel for a Dr. AB79 thanks for that info, will keep that in mind.

Hi Im also looking for a good Dr for my 4 month old daughter as Im new to the goldy the Robina dr's sounds good! do you by any chance remember his name?? thanks
I thought all doctors bulk billed children. Maybe just call a few centres near you and ask around.
Hi JF1
Have you tried www.bulkbillingnetwork.com.au they have a large list of doctors
Sign in to follow this topic