Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Extremely bad wind pains! Constantly crying all day in pain!

Extremely bad wind pains! Constantly crying all day in pain! Rss

My 8 week old boy has had bad wind pains since he was born, it has only gotten worse as each week goes by. I have tried everything there is to try and nothing has helped! I have burped him constantly, fed up right, done winding exercises, eliminated dairy from diet, infacol, infants friend, brewers coloc relief, amber beads, having him in a carrier and everything else there is to try!
It is constantly screaming and crying throughout the day with only short breaks if we apply pressure to his stomach area/upper chest.
He tosses and turns in his sleep and will wake up screaming in pain often. We have been to the doctors to get some help but its always passed off as "colic". He gets so bad that he will stop breathing from crying so hard and I just feel so helpless and im at my wits end trying to help my poor suffering baby!

Apparently he doesnt have reflux (silent) either.... yet he has a few similar symptoms but doctor thinks it isnt because hes not vomiting heaps projectile like. ?

He is 3 weeks premature so we are hoping that it will go away in 7 weeks otherwise I may have a mental breakdown if I havent already by then.

I can feel the wind in his chest and his body is very tight all the time when he has crying episodes..

Any advice would be really appreciated as I feel so helpless dealing with this.
I have heard that some have had similar issues resulting from antibiotics used at birth, esp if antibiotics were given to the baby. Dosing baby with infant probiotics, and mother, if breastfeeding, with some as well supposedly fixes it.
Hope this helps.
I would go see another doctor. I'm not sure what you mean by eliminating dairy from his diet? No more milk? That sounds a bit scary. Has he done a poo recently? Could it just be constipation? Poor bubba. I hope he feels better soon.

try to feed your baby with bottle and also consult with another doctor about the issue..

www.creativegarden.nz
www.creativegarden.nz/about-us
www.creativegarden.nz/locate-a-centre

I am sure you're extremely stressed. I hope your baby boy recovers quickly. I think you should definitely try visiting another qualified doctor. A lot of GP are unable to identify the problem therefore it is important you try a different doctor. Also, don't feel stressed! As more stressed and worried you're the more unhappy will be the child. It is extremely important that you as the mother stay strong!
Colic is such a big problem in newborn babies. It starts few days after birth and stays till around 5 months. There is no particular medicine to help the poor soul. It is very disturbing for parents. Medically a baby is referred as Colic if he cries nonstop for three hrs. And this continues for 3 days or more. There are certain tricks and tips that you can use to calm your baby. Try to make him suck on a pacifier, put a warm water bottle on his tummy or give him a warm bath. Some other tricks may include making him lay on his back or swaddle him. I hope some of these tricks work for you.
Relax. Sometimes it happens. you should prepare yourself for these kinds of situations. It's important for you to take care of a baby. When we were in initial stages after our pregnancy. We used to suffer a lot like you are but after some time we decided it was our desire to have a baby. Then why we are thinking bad about this situation. It's just a matter of time.
Gas pain is common in babies in the first three months of life while their intestines are maturing. it's also common between ages 6 and 12 months when they are trying lots of different foods for the first time. Gas pain in a breastfed baby may be caused by intolerance to a protein in your diet. There are some workouts you can do with your baby. Gently massage your baby, pumping her legs back and forth (like riding a bike) while he is on his back, or give him tummy time ( watch her while she lies on his stomach). A warm bath can also help her get rid of extra gas. Anything that causes a baby to take in too much air may result in a gassy baby (what goes in must come out). Babies swallow air when they are crying, so crying is more likely to be the cause of gas, rather than the result of gas. Respond to baby's feeding cues promptly.
Hi there. Is he still in pain? What is his age? Was his diet poor before? I heard that swallowed air moves from the stomach into the intestine. Was he suffering from irritable bowel syndrome or constipation? I heard that they usually initiate wind pain. How many children do you have? Don't worry your son will be fine soon. Btw have you consulted any doctor? What did they say? I wish you all the best. Take care of your son. You and your husband are his support system. Take care of your diet and health.
Hey, there dear. So sorry to hear about your baby's condition. I am really worried after listening to this problem. Well, I don't think what is this but I must recommend you that you should go to some good doctor and take help. That could be more helpful for you.
A colic problem in newborn babies is quite common. There has been no reason identified with it, and unfortunately, there is no specific medication for it either. In almost most case it goes away it’s self by the age of 3-4 months. I know the struggle is very hard and you feel so helpless to see your little one crying bitterly. Patience and time is the only remedy for it. You asked about using some antibiotics, I am unaware of this association between colic pain and antibiotics usage.
Gas torment is basic in babies in the initial three months of life while their digestion tracts are developing. it's likewise normal between ages 6 and a year when they are attempting bunches of various sustenances out of the blue. Gas torment in a breastfed child might be caused by bigotry to a protein in your eating routine. There are a few exercises you can do with your infant. Tenderly back rub your infant, directing her legs forward and backward (like riding a bicycle) while he is on his back, or give him tummy time ( watch her while she lies on his stomach). A steaming shower can likewise enable her to dispose of additional gas. Anything that makes the child take in an excess of air may bring about a gassy infant (what goes in must turn out). Infants swallow air when they are crying, so crying will probably be the reason for gas, as opposed to the aftereffect of gas. React to child's sustaining signs expeditiously.
Sign in to follow this topic