Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. When was your baby born?
  5. Any young mums wanna chat?

Any young mums wanna chat? Rss

hey karli,
My name is Laura n im 20 n i have a gorgeous lil 17 month old son named Liam.
I know exactly how you feel, i fell pregnant when i was 18....although i looked like i was about 12! i recieved the stares from the older mothers all the way through my pregnancy and still now...it makes me so uncomfortable when i go out with my bub,that people think young mums just do it for the money....i even had the ladies at bubs daycare centre say to me that "the money isnt worth it is it darl?" i nearly died! i would not take back my liam for the world...he is my all and everything!

single mum of one!

good on you, im sure your a fantastic mum, age really has no impact on how good of a mother you are. im 24 and i get looks!! so I can't imagine being you. I live in Bibra Lake, Perth so if you wanna chat bout kids or your uselee men, even though I don't have one,
margarethomeservices@yahoo.com.au
Hi, my name is Kylie, i'm not exactly a young mum... i'm 27 and have just had my first in june.

I just want to say that i think young mum's are wonderful! and i sure hope the young mums who catch me looking dont think its because i'm judging, it's because i'm jealous! i wish i could have been a young mum, i never used contraception in the hope i would be. in the end, IVF had to be bought in, and 4yrs later we were pregnant.

I actually do know a young mum who fell preg to keep her bf, she doesnt look after her baby boy, and didnt even go with him when he was transfered to NICU, she stayed home and didnt see him for 2 days! i know she is a horrible example of a young mum, i only hope few people hear about her.

Young mums are the most under appreciated, they face not only the battle of a new baby, but the loss of support from some friends and some family, and do it much tougher. Congratulations on your families, enjoy them, you have heaps of time for all the other things that society seems to think are so important.. maybe one day society as a whole will realise that family is the most important thing.

Kylie

Hey Karli,

Im also 21 and my lil princess is also 7mths old trust me i know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to dirty looks when i was pregnant i went to work until the day that i went into labour and because i had to catch the train into the city everyday i would see all the older ladies everyday...i used to come home and burst into tears because of the dirty looks. But lucky that my partner is there to console me though. Although now i have 2 babies because he is now on compo. Here is to having men that arent really all that good except for making our lil bundles of joy aye! lol. The only thing that i suggest is to walk right past them and turn your nose up to them! O and my msn is angela_sapeleiupu@hotmail.com
Hi Karli,
Hunny don't ever care about other people. They have no ideia who and what you're all about.
I'm 23 and have a 3 month old and can't wait to have baby number 2. I'm really keen on having my family young...I used to get so annoyed when old mum's looked at me like GEEZZZ she's too young. But one day it just hit me. I know i'm not too young, and i totally know who i am. So next time you feel pressured becaused an older mum is looking at you, just smile and be confident. That'll make them confused.

Mum to Ezekiel born 23rd May 2007.

If you need to chat....let me know!!!
Im 20 and have a 2 months old boy, and i get the looks especially when im not with my partner i feel so uncomfortable to go to the antenatal clinic without him.. they give us looks but at aleast we will still be alive to see our great-grand children..

I'm 21 and my partner and i have a beautiful 4 month old daughter. I never cared what people thought as my life has nothing to do with them or what they think. All we think about is the wonderful and the best life we are going to give our daughter and the many more to come!!!I know for a fact that there are people out there that don't deserve kids, so for all the people out there that judge us young mums, why don't you judge them and make them feel like s***! I totally agree that atleast we'll be alive to see our great grandchildren! Cant't wait! smile
hi
My name is Kylie im 22yrs old and i have a 16month old daughter.. when i found out i was preganant i was 20 and when i started to get a belly thats when i noticed the unwanted stares at me.. me and my partner would walk throuogh the shops and it would be mostly the older people that would stare at me and i didnt like it at all... i agree that just because we are younger it doesnt mean that we arent capable of bringing up a child. i had been with my partner for 4 yrs before we found out our little surprise. i have a dream baby she is so good and i wouldnt change my life for anything else in the whole world... i love being a mummy smile i dont think as much ppl stare now but u get the occasional look here and there!!! i dont take any notice anymore because i know that i am a great mum smile smile

luv my 2 gals =D

my name is Trisha i have an 8 Month old DD... she is my life... im still wit her daddy...i have had many older women tell me i should keep my legs closed...i just dont listen... i love being a mum if any one wants to chat PM for my email addy
hi all,
i'm kristy and i'm 22, my baby girl is almost 4 months old and i'm already 3 months pregnant again. i get the same thing you girls do, the dirty evil looks and the fact that their father is not here, he is away working and has been for some time now and wont be back till end of november. i have been going to a mother's group but they all still look at me weird because they are all in their 30's.
if anyone wants to talk email is kristy_still@yahoo.com.au
keep ya chins up girls, you's are all great mums.
hey to all of u great young mums!
Im 20 yrs old and have twins! 2 baby girls who are 8 months old and im expecting again! yeah when i ws pregnant with the twins i got alot of looks, and alot of people asking "how will you cope? your so young and having twins!" i just said, "easily, i cant wait!" And i couldnt! i still get alot of looks, but i think its mainly because i have twins and im pregnant again, so soon. i know that me and my fiancee can do it! we are so excited about having another one! im due early next year, and im only have having one this time
kate, and Kalisha and alannah
hey to all of u great young mums!
Im 20 yrs old and have twins! 2 baby girls who are 8 months old and im expecting again! yeah when i ws pregnant with the twins i got alot of looks, and alot of people asking "how will you cope? your so young and having twins!" i just said, "easily, i cant wait!" And i couldnt! i still get alot of looks, but i think its mainly because i have twins and im pregnant again, so soon. i know that me and my fiancee can do it! we are so excited about having another one! im due early next year, and im only have having one this time
kate, and Kalisha and alannah
Sign in to follow this topic