Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

December 2011 babies Rss

Well, thought we should get this topic started. A little late, but better than never.
Hoping that people from the Due December thread will come and join in, but please don't be shy if you didn't find that thread.

My DS was born 14th December and is doing well after an initial scare with a heart problem - pulmonary stenosis. Had a procedure called a pulmonary valvuloplasty to fix that up and will need to have another look at his heart in a few weeks to see how he has responded.
I have a 3yo DD who is loving being a big sister but at times acting more like another mother "My baby is crying mummy, he needs a feed". Still have DH home though so that might be helping.

Breastfeeding settling in OK so far but hoping he will sleep a little better tonight - 2nd hourly feeds overnight was not so much fun last night, but did mean I was awake at midnight for what that was worth!

Hope you are all settling in with your new additions too!
A&A
Bub was due 23rd Dec... Still waiting though.

Well, thought we should get this topic started. A little late, but better than never.
Hoping that people from the Due December thread will come and join in, but please don't be shy if you didn't find that thread.

My DS was born 14th December and is doing well after an initial scare with a heart problem - pulmonary stenosis. Had a procedure called a pulmonary valvuloplasty to fix that up and will need to have another look at his heart in a few weeks to see how he has responded.
I have a 3yo DD who is loving being a big sister but at times acting more like another mother "My baby is crying mummy, he needs a feed". Still have DH home though so that might be helping.

Breastfeeding settling in OK so far but hoping he will sleep a little better tonight - 2nd hourly feeds overnight was not so much fun last night, but did mean I was awake at midnight for what that was worth!

Hope you are all settling in with your new additions too!
A&A

Found it smile

I hope the breast feeding settles down a little for you.
I'm not breast feeding this time, had 2 failed attempts and 3 operations on breast last time due to abcesses, I didn't want to even attempt to do it again.... all in all, Cohan is a happy little man and happy mummy makes a happy baby smile

My little Girls are 4 and 3 yrs, and they are both little mothers to him, telling me he needs a feed or nappy change - bath etc... cute, but can get a little over the top.

Daycare back up into full swing next week, So it will be nice to get into more of a routine - at the moment DH has been off since Cohan was born and going back to work on the 9th, also with DD's home - it's been FULL ON....

Hope all is well with all new little bundles x

Bub was due 23rd Dec... Still waiting though.

Do you have an induction date yet??? you must be a little over it ha! Wishing you all the best though, not long now smile
I'm getting my waters broken at 7 tomorrow morning. Then if I go into labour good, if I don't, they'll give me a few hours then will be a drip. Will be 11 days over.
Have a 21 month old DS. He was induced at 10 over. He gives my belly hugs, kisses and toys to play with but don't think he actually understands.
Hi
Little Amelia Jane was born Chistmas eve. She was our little surprise with DS aged 11 and DD aged 8. She really is our little angel smile
DS and DD are both doting on her, though DS won't touch the nappies!
I struggled to breast feed DS and DD so bottle feeding. This is great for DS and DD as they can help out with this.
Hubby has gone back to work today, good to start getting into a routine, but he is really going to miss not being with her. Will be strange when DS and DD go back to school, not looking forward to that....
A&A glad that heart problem is sorted. Must have been scary at the time x
Lunaticity as I am writing this your waters will have been broken....all the best smile
Oh, lunaticity! Thinking of you and hoping you have your baby in your arms as I type. I went 4 days over and was heartily sick of it! And I remember the start of your pregnancy (and well into it from memory!) was pretty tough. Will look forward to hearing your exciting news!

Congratulations 3rd time round! So were you in hossy for Christmas? I guess at least the other kids are old enough to kind of understand why, even if they didn't like it too much!

Ange - Sounds like breastfeeding was a bit of a nightmare for you! My Dd is the same. Glad she is caring about her new brother but being told every 30 seconds that the baby is crying (just in case I didn't hear!) gets old pretty quickly!

Hoping the day/night reversal improves soon! So far he is having his longer sleeps during the day. Doesn't seem so bad this time though, probably just knowing it really doesn't last forever and his sleep pattern WILL settle. Some time!
Had my boy yesterday afternoon. We named him Sawyer. Perfect health.
hi everyone,

I had my ds on the 28th of december, and he is a dream baby......YAY!!!! He normally sleeps all day, and is awake all night, but he is just looking around, he doesn't really cry that much. But, he spent the whole morning up, so he might be adjusting to the real world. smile

however....... my other two toddlers are having more problems adapting to the new situation, especially my 2 year old son. I guess it's just a learning process for all of us.

well, I hope you all have lovely days with your brand new babies, because as most of us know, they don't stay little for long.

xx
Congratulations Lunaticity and 97nc!
Yay!

Lunaticity - just read your birth story and sounds like it went like a dream really. Glad it was pretty straightforward for you, would have been nice to not need the drip but though!

97nc - what are your other 2 getting up to? I have noticed my DD (3 and a bit) is a bit more whingy than usual which really gets on my nerves when I am a bit tired, and tends to ask for things when I have just settled down to feed bub. Most frustrating! But, has been giving him lots of kisses and is very gentle with him so all in all has been pretty good. Will see how things go when DH goes back to work next week!

Oh, saw the shild health nurse today and bub is now 4.2kg. Was down to 3.5kg before we left hossy on the 19th so he is packing it on!
A&A
Yeh, I'm so happy. Couldn't really have asked for a better labour (if you tried telling me that mid contraction, I would have probably bopped you in the nose) besides the drip, it went exactly as I'd have asked. No drugs, no forceps or vacuum. No distress to kiddo. Pretty lucky.

Couldn't really have asked for a better labour (if you tried telling me that mid contraction, I would have probably bopped you in the nose)

He he!! Yeah, How you look at things is definately different after! I think I spent contraction time moaning and groaning and the other times telling DH I was OK. Or asking for water. Or sleeping, actually between pushes - the midwife said that is the hormones, very odd!
Sign in to follow this topic