Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

***DECEMBER 2009 BUBS*** Lock Rss

-
Well, I've got to say I had a good night sleep last night. Bethany fed at 2 and then 6ish, which is a great run for her! Then she went back down at 8ish until 11, so I got a bit of a nap as well. So I've had more energy today than I've had in ages. I don't sleep too well though, I sleep lightly waiting for her to wake up.

My DH sleeps through her cries and noises... gives me the willies. But I let him sleep in so he can take the afternoon shift and let me sleep. That's not happening though. I'm lucky, DH works from home, so he's here whenever I need a break. Bethany likes to be held during the day a lot.

I don't feel anything for milk let down. I wish I did as then I'd know if my milk is coming in.

Nope, no sex drive here. I'm still quite tender where my stiches are. I thought I'd be over it by now, but I'm not.

Yep, Bethany is starting to fit into 000 now. Does anyone find that the sizing is different from different shops? I've got some 0000 that are big, and 000 that are small. It's a pain. I s'pose it's like all clothing.

Well, I've got to say I had a good night sleep last night. Bethany fed at 2 and then 6ish, which is a great run for her! Then she went back down at 8ish until 11, so I got a bit of a nap as well. So I've had more energy today than I've had in ages. I don't sleep too well though, I sleep lightly waiting for her to wake up.

My DH sleeps through her cries and noises... gives me the willies. But I let him sleep in so he can take the afternoon shift and let me sleep. That's not happening though. I'm lucky, DH works from home, so he's here whenever I need a break. Bethany likes to be held during the day a lot.

I don't feel anything for milk let down. I wish I did as then I'd know if my milk is coming in.

Nope, no sex drive here. I'm still quite tender where my stiches are. I thought I'd be over it by now, but I'm not.

Yep, Bethany is starting to fit into 000 now. Does anyone find that the sizing is different from different shops? I've got some 0000 that are big, and 000 that are small. It's a pain. I s'pose it's like all clothing.

Well today was a rotten day here.. temperature was 47 degrees and it's still over 40 now at 8pm.. I am so thankful that we got air con put in just before we went away or i'd never have survived the day with 3 young children.
Morgan has been whingy due to the heat, has been wanting to constantly feed all day, have had to give him heaps of expressed milk too as he was just wanting the boob for hours at a time... He has refused to sleep all day, and has spent about 5 hours today breastfeeding.. It's been a LOOOONG day! But thankgoodness he is asleep now and hopefully with all that milk in his tummy he'll sleep for a little longer.

I don't feel anything for milk let down, but i know i have milk as when i do let down he can't hold it all and he ends up with it all over his face and all down my shirt. LOL..

Morgan is in 0000 but they are pretty baggy on him as he is very long and skinny.. but anything smaller is just way to short. He definately takes after his dad who is tall and as skinny as a rake! LOL..

Hey lovelies,

how are you all?

3_busy_rugrats - that certainly does sound like a long day, hope today is a bit more relaxing for you.

Hunter is still in 0000 here but his length is starting to get a bit small so i think within another week or so i can start moving him up to 000. He still looks very skinny, but all my boys did. DF is very tall and skinny as well.

Sex drive - well mine is slowly coming back, and i'm scared about the thought of contraception as that usually lowers my libido just like pregnancy did.

Well today is DF first day back at work after a lovely 5 weeks off. It's going to be weird without him and i've been often thinking how am I going to cope with 3 under 3 but I'm sure we'll manage. Just means no computer lol between those house and also I have to be super organised so am thinking about putting a slow cooker meal on to make dinner time easier.

Not sure if I covered everything but I will check in tomorrow hopefully. Have a good day.

Alyce xo

morning all

well jayda passed her repeat hearing test yesterday thank god. thats one worry out the way!

jayda has been in 000 since she was 2 weeks old. shes actually wearing a 0000 today but its from best and less and i find with her, their clothes are always a bit bigger than other brands.

i experimented yesterday and had no caffeine at all (aggghh!!) to see if shell sleep better at night and it worked! she went straight to sleep at 8pm, then woke at 12am, then 4am, then 7am. so all up, i ended up with about 9 hours sleep. soooo much better than the 2 hours i got the night before.

sex drive, well its back but i still want to wait another week, just to be sure my stitches are healed etc.

well have a good day all, ive got to have a shower cos i smell like baby spew as jayda did the biggest spew on me this morning and i can still smell it. ewwww

cindy x

Well done Jayda passing your hearing test.
Sophie is going to be be referred to have her tongue tie snipped!!! It doesn't affect her feeding but im worried will give her a speech impediment later in life, better to deal with in now i guess before she old enough to understand what is happening or let it affect her speech. Im pretty scared i must say.
She is growing well, 8lb13oz now, so just over 4kg which is the size of the average cat!
Sex drive mentally im all keen, my bits are a looooonnnggg way off letting that happen tho, bummer!
Must go still haven't had shower and suprise suprise more ppl are coming to visit today! Does it ever slow down?
Cindy glad you got abit more sleep, muct be so hard not getting sleep and having other kids to deal with too.
Yay for Jayda sleeping and hearing.

I just read Minkie had her baby girl on 4/1.

Cindy - Alyssa , Hayden and Rogen all have the umbilical hernia. Lily missed out. Alyssa and Hayden had to have theres operated on at 2yo so we just have to wait and see if the bear is going to outgrow his or need an op.

Sex drive - What is that. My dh is getting a bit frustrated I think. When I go to bed it is to sleep lol.

Rogen is vomiting all over the place now. Reflux is a horrible thing just waiting til Mond to get a script for his medication.

Oh well girls Coles online has arrived so best go and put it away

Jane

congrats jaiya01 and minkie on your babies! surely thats everyone now isnt it??

jane, oh i hope jayda doesnt need an op for her hernia!! the nurse said hers is a small one and nothing to be worried about. it only pops out when she is crying. was that the same with your kids??

jayda hardly ever vomits. i think she only did it this morning cos she fed on top of wind. oops...

good on sophie and her weight gain keri!! still got a bit to catch my little buddha girl tho haha. how scary about the tongue snip!! im sure she will be fine but im sure you are freaking out...

jane i really need to go grocery shopping but the thought of going with jayda and the 2 boys is daunting!! just looked at coles online to see if they deliver here but they dont sad

anyway, im sure thats all from me today!!

cindy x
[Edited on 07/01/2010]

Morning girls, hope we are all well today..

Im taking my little man to have his hearing test done today, apparently cos he was in special care he has to have the actual test but normally here in vic they would only ask about risk factors at the 2 week check up and if there are none then there is no test..
My dd was born at KEMH, WA and i remember they did it while we were still in hosp, everywhere does things so differently!!

I have no sex drive at all and dont even have the excuse of stitches down there, although im still in a lot of pain with my csar scar so that will be my excuse,... not that i need one, my dh has not even mentioned anything about it, he knows whats good for him heheh

Gotta keep Andy awake and hungry for another two hours so he will sleep for his test, mmm fun
Have a good day everyone
Mel

PS Alyce, good luck for your first day with df!!!!!!!!!!!
Morning everyone,

Haven't been on for a little while, just catching up through the emails.
We still haven't named our daughter, still not agreeing on anything. Neither of us seems to like what the other one comes up with. (Somethings got to jump out at us soon surely!)

My sex drive is definitely back. I'm even dreaming about it but my body is not quite ready yet. DD is two weeks old today. Is two weeks too early to start again?

I was going to wait to tell my birth story until we had named DD but that could take weeks yet, so here goes.

I had been getting contractions about 6 minutes apart from 2 o'clock that afternoon. I texted the MW to let her know something may have been happening then went shopping with DH. (I didn't tell him anything was happening.) We got back to the house at about 5 p.m. and I started to time the contractions. Coming about 4 minutes apart by then so I let MW know.

DH filled up the birth pool (which took about half an hour)and by that time our no. 1 MW had arrived at the house. She checked the heartbeat during contractions for stress then gave the ok to get into the pool. (The pool is complete bliss during labour!!) By then it was 7 p.m.

Things started happening quickly once in the pool. My waters broke at about 7.20 p.m. and after 20 minutes of pushing we had our DD at 7.53 p.m.

I found the water/home birth a lot less traumatic than a hospital birth. I have no tears, abrasions or stitches this time. The first time round I had a severe tear and stitches (sorry if tmi). When the birthing was over and bub was sleeping we all sat around the table and had a cup of tea and chocolates.

How much better can you get?

Speaking of bub, she's awake. Feed time again!
Sorry about the long post.

Sheridan
Well my little bubba gave her mummy a lovely 5 hours sleep straight last night. She slept from 6-9pm but was then up until midnight, but went back to sleep until 5am! She woke for a quick feed and then slept until 8am!!!

However she hasnt been so good this morning, so I have her in the sling now sleeping so I can do something!

I cant believe how quickly she has improved! She is 6 weeks today so maybe that has something to do with it, but it was virtually overnight that things got better. This time last week I was lucky to get 4 hours sleep a night. So hang in there all the mummies who are at the stage, it gets better - although it doesnt feel like it ever will!!!
Sign in to follow this topic